Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 10, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #27,271 of 35,472
Of the Hifiman IEMs/Earbuds I own, I must admit I like all of them.   With the earbud ES100, it responds to more powerful sources like the xDuoo Daps vs the Sansa Clip, where it just sounded flat and dull.  I've heard the RE-0, 262, 300, 400 & 600, and they are all enjoyable and well designed.  I'd say the 300 quality-wise is the worst to my ears of the IEMs, but it was also tuned towards a more musical approach instead of analytical.  I will admit it is fun to listen to, however.  I imagine one day I'll break down and hunt for the RE-272, but probably not anytime soon.

May 10, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #27,272 of 35,472
  @TwinACStacks where are you Twinnnn? I know you love shiny things. This is just for you! 
beyersmile.png

This is making me feel Gollum all over again. Pre..ci..ous.  
biggrin.gif

May 10, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #27,275 of 35,472
@CoiL - Here is the comparison you were looking for

I have tried a mixture of songs from albums of Red Hot Chili Peppers, Coldplay, Sia and Mogwai to test the Letv All Metal against KZ ED9 (only with brass nozzles as I have misplaced the shining one somewhere), ATE, ED10 and HDS1. Used Rocket Music player app with same system volume level (40% in my OnePlus One) without any EQ. Songs used were in MP3 (320 kbps) and AAC (256 kbps) formats.

I am no audio expert and just a casual audio enthusiast. Below comparisons/impressions are totally subjective opinion of mine about a product (Letv All Metal) that I have listened only for few hours (3 hours to be specific) which may or may not match with other users. So, kindly take these impressions with a pinch of salt.

Letv All Metal (Triple Flange silicone tips) vs. ED9 with brass nozzle (Spiral Dot Large) – ED9 with brass nozzles seems to produce much better treble presentation than Letv all metal. Vocals on ED9 are slightly recessed than Letv's Vocals (which sounds more forward but also too thick for my liking). Bass (albeit lower quantity than Letv) much more refined (less sloppy) in ED9. Only area where Letv somewhat outperforms ED9 is with its soundstage width. Still, somehow feel the overall resolution of ED9 to be much greater than Letv’s. Isolation is about the same in both. Letv’s are much louder at the same volume level than ED9 are.

Letv All Metal vs. ATE (Spiral Dot Large tips) –  In Letv’s, both Vocals and treble are slightly more forward sounding compared to ATEs (whose treble is way more smooth to Letv’s) but the ATE has better isolation and bass presentation (in terms of quantity). Soundstage width is about the same in both. Here too Letv’s sounded louder compared to ATE at the same volume settings. Overall sound signature of these two are very different.

Letv All Metal vs. ED10 (Medium size/width, deep bore silicone tips) – Bass (quantity and quality) is about the same on both of these. Vocals are more forward in Letv’s compared to ED10. Treble in ED10 is more lively but at the same time rough (used to cause fatigue with long hours listening for me) than Letv’s smooth ones. Soundstage width seems slightly congested in ED10 compared to Letv’s. Isolation is about the same (or may be slightly better in Letv’s). Once again, Letv’s sounded louder than ED10 at the same volume level. Overall sound signature appears more V shaped in ED10.

Letv All Metal vs. HDS1 (Medium size/width, deep bore silicone tips) – Both these sound very similar except for a bit more forward sounding vocals in Letv’s. This makes HDS1 to sound a bit too placid when compared. Soundstage width of Letv’s are a smidge larger than HDS1. For the first time, Letv’s sounded less loud compared to other IEM at the same volume level. Isolation is about the same.

Overall sound signature seems a bit too thick (is this even a correct word in describing such sound? I don’t know) in Letv’s compared to the above four KZ’s. I would not consider Letv All metal IEMs as an upgrade over any of the above, rather I am seeing them as more of a sidegrade with different sound signature (BTW the microphone works ok for both making and receiving phone calls).

Cheers 
beerchug.gif

May 10, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #27,276 of 35,472

Let's all pause for a moment and collectively curse head-fi's link policy which is particularly annoying in this thread and on mobile. I understand why they did it, but the fact that we're all mostly grown-ups who think about what we buy ought to count for something.

May 10, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #27,277 of 35,472
May 10, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #27,278 of 35,472
I received a review sample of the Easy M2 today. From my short initial listening to them I don't find them to be anything special but will give them some more time before making any further comments.

crabdog those looks great. I really hope the housing are metal though and not just painted plastic.

May 10, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #27,279 of 35,472

@CoiL - Here is the comparison you were looking for
I have tried a mixture of songs from albums of Red Hot Chili Peppers, Coldplay, Sia and Mogwai to test the Letv All Metal against KZ ED9 (only with brass nozzles as I have misplaced the shining one somewhere), ATE, ED10 and HDS1. Used Rocket Music player app with same system volume level (40% in my OnePlus One) without any EQ. Songs used were in MP3 (320 kbps) and AAC (256 kbps) formats.

I am no audio expert and just a casual audio enthusiast. Below comparisons/impressions are totally subjective opinion of mine about a product (Letv All Metal) that I have listened only for few hours (3 hours to be specific) which may or may not match with other users. So, kindly take these impressions with a pinch of salt.

Letv All Metal (Triple Flange silicone tips) vs. ED9 with brass nozzle (Spiral Dot Large) – ED9 with brass nozzles seems to produce much better treble presentation than Letv all metal. Vocals on ED9 are slightly recessed than Letv's Vocals (which sounds more forward but also too thick for my liking). Bass (albeit lower quantity than Letv) much more refined (less sloppy) in ED9. Only area where Letv somewhat outperforms ED9 is with its soundstage width. Still, somehow feel the overall resolution of ED9 to be much greater than Letv’s. Isolation is about the same in both. Letv’s are much louder at the same volume level than ED9 are.

Letv All Metal vs. ATE (Spiral Dot Large tips) –  In Letv’s, both Vocals and treble are slightly more forward sounding compared to ATEs (whose treble is way more smooth to Letv’s) but the ATE has better isolation and bass presentation (in terms of quantity). Soundstage width is about the same in both. Here too Letv’s sounded louder compared to ATE at the same volume settings. Overall sound signature of these two are very different.

Letv All Metal vs. ED10 (Medium size/width, deep bore silicone tips) – Bass (quantity and quality) is about the same on both of these. Vocals are more forward in Letv’s compared to ED10. Treble in ED10 is more lively but at the same time rough (used to cause fatigue with long hours listening for me) than Letv’s smooth ones. Soundstage width seems slightly congested in ED10 compared to Letv’s. Isolation is about the same (or may be slightly better in Letv’s). Once again, Letv’s sounded louder than ED10 at the same volume level. Overall sound signature appears more V shaped in ED10.

Letv All Metal vs. HDS1 (Medium size/width, deep bore silicone tips) – Both these sound very similar except for a bit more forward sounding vocals in Letv’s. This makes HDS1 to sound a bit too placid when compared. Soundstage width of Letv’s are a smidge larger than HDS1. For the first time, Letv’s sounded less loud compared to other IEM at the same volume level. Isolation is about the same.

Overall sound signature seems a bit too thick (is this even a correct word in describing such sound? I don’t know) in Letv’s compared to the above four KZ’s. I would not consider Letv All metal IEMs as an upgrade over any of the above, rather I am seeing them as more of a sidegrade with different sound signature (BTW the microphone works ok for both making and receiving phone calls).

Cheers 
beerchug.gif

Great comparison @mebaali. That's what I like with Letv, I feel the sound is fuller or more rich.

May 10, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #27,280 of 35,472

So what's in this thing Crabby, one DD and what size 10MM?

I can't find any information about the driver except that it's a single DD.

@peter123 I'm not certain but it looks the same as the plastic housing on the Easy UEs ie: what you'll find on a typical Christmas bauble. That doesn't bother me though because I think they look fantastic and I do like my UEs. 
etysmile.gif

In other news, I received my HLSX--808 today. Haven't spent much time with them yet but early impressions are they have a very 'clean' sound and are quite bright but not harsh. Build quality seems solid. The cable is similar to the one on the VJJB K4. The left and right markings are extremely difficult to see. Covering the pinhole vent on the back of the housing doesn't seem to make any difference to the sound. I need to spend some more time with them before I decide whether I like the sound signature or not. Will give them some burn in and see how it goes.

May 10, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #27,281 of 35,472
I received a review sample of the Easy M2 today. From my short initial listening to them I don't find them to be anything special but will give them some more time before making any further comments.

@crabdog those looks great. I really hope the housing are metal though and not just painted plastic.

Yep, same here Peter...

May 10, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #27,282 of 35,472
I can't find any information about the driver except that it's a single DD.

@peter123
 I'm not certain but it looks the same as the plastic housing on the Easy UEs ie: what you'll find on a typical Christmas bauble. That doesn't bother me though because I think they look fantastic and I do like my UEs. :etysmile:

Thanks, I finally managed to find the listing and I agree with you that it looks like plastic.

From your picture I thought they'd be a $200 metal housing IEM's. Gotta give it to the designer though :wink:

May 10, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #27,283 of 35,472
To the designer or to Photoshop. 
smile.gif

May 10, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #27,284 of 35,472

matter of taste... I don`t like it
rolleyes.gif

I don't think you like anything that you can't destroy and put in custom wooden housing. 
biggrin.gif

Yeeesh sir!
tongue.gif
 Btw, right atm I`m putting something BIG into wooden (Oak+walnut) IEM shells 
wink.gif
 I hope everything goes well with installation!

May 10, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #27,285 of 35,472
  I hope those TKZ impressions are coming soon, really keen to know how they sound!

You mean the TFZ Series 1? I used them during my commute and workout today. First impression is that they are excellent. They don't have the harsh highs that most titanium drivers produce, but they retain the clarity. Worth the asking price.

Only used the foam tips that they came with so far. I still need a lot more time with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back