Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 22, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #26,086 of 35,472
Hi,
Wondering if it is OK to buy Havi b3 pro from aliexpress? Any suggestions.
Thanks

It should be. Personally I'd spend a few extra dollars and get them from Penon Audio just for peace of mind but ymmw.

Apr 22, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #26,088 of 35,472
  Hi,
Wondering if it is OK to buy Havi b3 pro from aliexpress? Any suggestions.
Thanks

I bought mine off AliEx a long long time back
wink_face.gif

No dissin' on Penon Peter
beerchug.gif

Apr 22, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #26,089 of 35,472
i'd say the Ear Kegs (MusicMaker Shockwave III) and the LZ-A3 (from what I've read) and possibly the ZhiYin QT5 (can't wait for the 1st review to happen!)

Maybe add or replace the LZ-A3 with the TK12 :D

Apr 22, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #26,091 of 35,472
i'm teetering on the brink of either the hlsx 808 or the easy sendiy m2 for my next drunken impulse purchase--can you recommend one of these? my priorities are easy to drive, deep controlled bass and lots of micro-detail. i'llbe using my mobile phone as source. thanks in advance for your help.

Apr 22, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #26,092 of 35,472
I bought mine off AliEx a long long time back:wink_face:

No dissin' on Penon Peter:beerchug:

Hey no worries Tim, I even got my first pair from Taobao back in the days.

I was thinking more about being sure of getting the latest revision and warranty incase something unexpected happens :wink:

Apr 22, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #26,093 of 35,472
  i'm teetering on the brink of either the hlsx 808 or the easy sendiy m2 for my next drunken impulse purchase--can you recommend one of these? my priorities are easy to drive, deep controlled bass and lots of micro-detail. i'llbe using my mobile phone as source. thanks in advance for your help.

That's hard to say, they both are efficient and play well with mobile phones. With the Sendiy M2, you'll get to experience what is like to have two different tuned nozzles coming from some of the best dynamic drivers money can buy, while in the other hand, with the HLSX-808, you'll get to experience what it's like to hear a hybrid of hi-end quality. They both are ironically similar in soundstage and bass response.

......it's all about your choice of preference from here and on.
normal_smile .gif

Apr 22, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #26,095 of 35,472
Here are the specs listed:
1. Product Name: ZhiYin QT5 Hybrid 5 drive unit in ear earphone
  2. Type: In-ear  
  3. Brand: ZhiYin
  4. Model: QT5
  5. Impedance: 8Ω 
  6. Headphone sensitivity: 118dB/mW
  7. Frequency range: 5-40000Hz
  8. Interface: 3.5mm 
  9. Cable Length: 1.2m±5cm
 10.Weight: 60g
 11.Color: Silver
 12.Whether with Mic: No
 13.Headphone plug type: Straight type
 14.Headphone Interface type: MMCX Interface
 15.Headphone upgrade cable: MMCX 8-core silver plated cable
 16.Drive unit: 1 DD + 4 BA drive unit  

The accessories given are just a very nice case, a so so cable, and various spare tips.  This unit includes a 1 DD + 4 BA in a hybrid format that is becoming very popular.  It’s a good setup that gets the best of both worlds out of their drivers.  In my setup, it includes a Grace m9xx, Cowon Plenue D, and also sometimes my cell phone.

Sound-wise, these are by far the best I’ve heard coming from Asia and that side of the world.  They easily top the LZ-A3.  The high end seems unlimited, mids and vocals are beautiful and are spot on, and the bass is incredible.  I find they are not V, L, or U shaped, most noticeable is bass if tight and sometimes overwhelming.  The bass is layered goes deep and is very detailed.  It also picks up the different frequencies well, best I’ve ever heard.  Very good at low-normal volumes 48-52 on the m9xx dac.  They are analytical.  No cutoff in the highs, somewhat aggressive, airy with good attack speed.  They are detailed with a good sense of depth.  For you bassheads these are the best out there period.

An example would be Rihanna Dont stop the music - hear layers and layers clearly, echoes, etc...listen at 50

Best of both worlds with the natural-ness of the BA, mids and highs going with the killer bass of the dynamic.  The accuracy of the BA in openness, depth, and pace are just amazing.

There is no humming or buzzing due to the QT-5 low impedance.  Being sensitive allows them to match with other daps or phones with no need for separate amp or dac.
I have found using a slightly smaller than normal tip worked best.  Once you have your tips and get a good seal, you will be good to go, no need to change, I promise.  Comfort is fine, they are bigger than normal.  Right now for me, over the ear works best using a few Alo Audio cables that have memory wires.  The stock cable is average at best.  I wasn’t a fan of them.  The QT-5 also is very versatile because you are able to switch up cables for different soundstage and listen either over the ear or straight down. 

One comparison would be the LZa3 sound smoother, a bit cut off the top compare to QT-5

Another would be would be to the rock zircon, the QT-5 are way more natural and at levels above the Zircon.

Warning...listening with a 8-core cable the sound gets exponentially bigger.....so beware.  The isolation is poor on windy days but otherwise they are just a bit above average.

Headphones from China are sort of an in thing here on this from and having an almost cult following.  The QT-5 continues the trend of numerous DIYs and other Asian offerings that spoil us weekly.  This new maker, ZhiLin follows this trend, and have done a great job on their top current model QT-5. 

One of best IEMs if not best I’ve ever heard.  My hat goes out to them today.    
I won’t post the link for them but I’m sure you can find them easily.  Thank you to the seller for getting these to me fast, you are awesome!

Apr 22, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #26,096 of 35,472
If someone can push me towards the official review page that would be awesome!

Apr 22, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #26,097 of 35,472
You said that they're neither L, V nor U-shaped. So, are these balanced in signature? Because It seems that the QT5s are V-Shaped as you mentioned strong bass and aggressive highs, even though you said analytical.

Apr 22, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #26,100 of 35,472
  I have to comment on this. There is no "W-shaped", even though we see this term again and again here on head fi. That would mean that both lows, mids and highs are forward, which does not make sense. It does sound to me like they are V-shaped, as he says that they have aggressive highs and are for bass heads. 

All of the above is in your opinion right? Just making sure 
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back