Chord Hugo
Jul 5, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #6,123 of 15,694
  Sorry, I didn't mean to upset the Hugonomics school of thought.

it's a device that meets everyone's needs whether static, transportable or mobile, everyone has different uses... Team Chord should be roundly applauded for giving us such a versatile device in the Hugo...
beerchug.gif

Jul 5, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #6,124 of 15,694
As I feel team Hugo tried to make a semi portible desktop rig in one.
For me would be much happier if the made a comple dap and a complete desk top rig

That is my thoughts so we all do not think the same.
But sound wise it's very good. So am holding my round if applause for the dap
Lmao. Of course you new this right ok guy.
Al

Jul 5, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #6,126 of 15,694
Hahahaha. Your an ok guy. :flushed::grin::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
All joking asside do you think there is any hope
Of a dap from chord. And next a desktop but with a powerful amp for any headphone.
Like a AKG or HE6.
this would be fantastic.
Al

Jul 5, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #6,127 of 15,694
Yea someone understands me :laughing::laughing::laughing:

There is atleast three designs. If not more . The wholes changed size twice. , the color of the output jacks changed and according to ted there was a change in components inside . Something to do with the usb I think he said. So for me we should do a compile of serial numbers so we may know what happened and when. I can post my insides and serial number with pics . It would be nice if someone can take the info and make a chart to follow.
Al

hmm, then the unsubstantiated rumors of a fourth change with sound improvement may be true?

http://www.aumacoustics.com/chord-hugo/

FWIW, I emailed the distributor, Blue Bird Music,  to try to confirm or deny these claims and never received a reply.  

Jul 5, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #6,128 of 15,694
Hahahaha. Your an ok guy. :flushed::grin::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
All joking asside do you think there is any hope
Of a dap from chord. And next a desktop but with a powerful amp for any headphone.
Like a AKG or HE6.
this would be fantastic.
Al

Matt told me a few months ago there were no plans for a DAP, I did pester him a few times but I think the growl stopped me from pushing my luck.

Jul 5, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #6,129 of 15,694
 And next a desktop but with a powerful amp for any headphone.
Like a AKG or HE6.
this would be fantastic.
Al

there's a idea but can you imagine the future though.... Head-Fi 'meets' where the only thing on display with headphones is the Hugo & Chord's desktop range, they'd butcher & corner the market...
wink_face.gif

Jul 5, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #6,130 of 15,694
The hugo has made me look around and take off my ie800's a couple of times to see where a sound was coming from.

One was a slam another (forgot the song). just now, cymbals to the left from gavin degraw's chariot stripped album.

Ymmv but for me, i'm loving my hugo. It sleeps next to me everyday together with my ak120 and ie800. Glad the wife isn't complaining.

Jul 5, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #6,132 of 15,694

Did you get any signal drops with the AQ adaptor?

I get signal drops with the AQ adapter before I did my own version of wood carving.  The AQ adapter was barely in the socket was the cause.

Looked at the adapter and kind of unhappy with its construction.  Putting a very good USB cable but terminating with adapter seems like you are hobbling your usb cable and not worth the time.  I ended up with AQ Cinnamon micro to USB cable as it was the only one I could find made by bigger name cable company.  Had to strip the red housing to get it to fit as it was worse than the AQ adapter, but fits fine after than.

Jul 5, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #6,133 of 15,694
Two questions:

1) Can anyone confirm that any original chasis owners have gotten the RCA adapters from Chord?  I've written a few emails but haven't gotten a response from Chord.  Would be nice to retire these blue jean $8 adapters.

2) Anyone have the link or can tell me which post had the link to where you can buy the AC adapter being used by Chord?  I know I saw a post, but after 20 minutes skimming the thread and searching under ac adapter, no luck finding the link/post.  I need an extra one. 

Jul 5, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #6,134 of 15,694
I posted apic of mine. I never seen the link. Reg the adaptors what does it really matter in the end. They have sold more than 30 k of these. Do you think they re going to ship us [Mod Edit: *BLEEP*] a adaptor. They are on to the next revision by now. A full size usb would be nice :laughing::laughing::laughing: as side form the adaptors still no takers on the insides ?????

Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back