Feliks Audio Echo (new budget OTL amp)
Aug 2, 2023 at 6:01 AM Post #496 of 542
I doubled down on the Echo, i will 100% keep it alongside the Envy (when i finally get it, hopefully, lol).
I bought NOS Telefunken E88CC tubes as the final uprade. Oh damn, they are dead silent and sound the best i've heard the Echo, ever.
I'll probably sell the E88CC BEL tubes.

If someone inside the EU is interested in 6922 tubes -> click my signature link

Edit: The Utopia is SUCH A GODDAMN FANTASTIC headphone on this amp, holy moly. Every. Single. Time.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2023 at 3:50 PM Post #497 of 542
Trying some new tubes, EH 6922 Gold Electro Harmonix.

First some earbuds VE Zen 3.0 300ohm with piano jazz, already know I like this better than my reserve tubes I have been using past month. Not shouty treble as my old one, with lusher bass and mids. In a way a very lush musical, great sounding tubes for sure.

And now its over to ZMF Verite, same here. Definitely the low end is more powerful over my previous tubes, richer sound without being sharp and tiresome.
Usually first impression are bad with new tubes as they need burn in, but not here. Already a gem for me.

1691437751680.png

Nov 26, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #498 of 542
Hey folks 👋

I have lately been thinking of getting my first tube amp to experience this analog magic with headphones like the HD600 series and maybe some planars.
I would really appreciate your experience and opinions in what I should get. I had a look at the Xduoo TA-26S(240€ shipped to Greece) and yesterday I saw the Feliks Echo 2 (790€). Yes the price difference is big and that's why I want your opinions/suggestions.

Thank you in advance

Nov 26, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #499 of 542
Hey folks 👋

I have lately been thinking of getting my first tube amp to experience this analog magic with headphones like the HD600 series and maybe some planars.
I would really appreciate your experience and opinions in what I should get. I had a look at the Xduoo TA-26S(240€ shipped to Greece) and yesterday I saw the Feliks Echo 2 (790€). Yes the price difference is big and that's why I want your opinions/suggestions.

Thank you in advance
Hello, I have no experience with Xduoo, but I listen to a Feliks Euphoria daily. Feliks craftsmanship is top-notch. Also, another tube amp you might want to consider is Tor Audio. They have a model in the $500 range. A friend of mine has it, and it appears to be a great amp. The TOR I have is the balanced model. It is exceptionally well made and sounds great. I find TOR reasonably priced and high quality.

On a personal note, TOR is based in Ukraine, and when the war started, they were working on my order. I emailed them to express my support and understand they have “more pressing concerns” than my amp. Dima replied the same day, telling me they were working on my amp and I would get it in time. I did get it in time.

Nov 27, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #500 of 542
Hey folks 👋

Thank you in advance
Hi, I‘ve had the xDuoo TA-26 and now the Echo mk2. Feliks Audio is superior in every way, it’s like night and day. From the build quality to the sound. It plays in another league. I strongly encourage you to get the Echo if you can afford it.

Nov 27, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #501 of 542
Hi, I‘ve had the xDuoo TA-26 and now the Echo mk2. Feliks Audio is superior in every way, it’s like night and day. From the build quality to the sound. It plays in another league. I strongly encourage you to get the Echo if you can afford it.
That's exactly what I'm thinking of doing, I was talking to Lukasz today one of the brothers of Feliks Audio and he's such a great guy recommending me to either go for the Elise or the Euforia EVO since I currently have the SPL Phonitor XE. He explained to me their different sound signatures and I'm so close to pulling the trigger on the Euforia EVO that will cost a bit over 2200€ 🤒

Dec 5, 2023 at 9:14 AM Post #502 of 542
Trying some new tubes, EH 6922 Gold Electro Harmonix.

First some earbuds VE Zen 3.0 300ohm with piano jazz, already know I like this better than my reserve tubes I have been using past month. Not shouty treble as my old one, with lusher bass and mids. In a way a very lush musical, great sounding tubes for sure.

And now its over to ZMF Verite, same here. Definitely the low end is more powerful over my previous tubes, richer sound without being sharp and tiresome.
Usually first impression are bad with new tubes as they need burn in, but not here. Already a gem for me.

1691437751680.png
Hi there. I went through all 34 pages of this forum just to find someone who used the Electro Harmonix 6922 EH Gold Pin tubes. I thank you. In my head, these are usually pretty good and I was so confused no one else talked about it.

Dec 5, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #503 of 542
Hi there. I went through all 34 pages of this forum just to find someone who used the Electro Harmonix 6922 EH Gold Pin tubes. I thank you. In my head, these are usually pretty good and I was so confused no one else talked about it.
I have two other friends who also love the tubes on Echo, so we are not alone.

1000018177.png

Dec 5, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #504 of 542
Hi there. I went through all 34 pages of this forum just to find someone who used the Electro Harmonix 6922 EH Gold Pin tubes. I thank you. In my head***, these are usually pretty good and I was so confused no one else talked about it.
*** And in Echo? … 🤣

Dec 5, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #505 of 542
Dec 7, 2023 at 9:29 PM Post #507 of 542
I have two other friends who also love the tubes on Echo, so we are not alone.

Beautiful picture. What IEMs are you are using on the Echo?

Dec 8, 2023 at 2:53 AM Post #508 of 542
Beautiful picture. What IEMs are you are using on the Echo?
In the photo is a earbud or flathead as some call them, made by FranQL.
I have range of earbuds going from 120ohm up to 600ohm, they pair perfect with Echo.

IEMs is always a tough one, moat alter sound on echo due to impedance mismatch. Some can work.

Dec 9, 2023 at 10:41 PM Post #509 of 542
What do you guys recommend for tube rolling the 6N6P tubes on the Echo? I saw some 60's NOS 6N6P gold pins on Ebay. Wonder if it's worth trying out. My Echo gets get on monday.

Dec 9, 2023 at 10:46 PM Post #510 of 542
I've also seen Novosibirsk tubes in 6N6P and 6N6P-I variants (if someone can tell me the difference I'd love to learn) but they are usually refrencing the Little Dot. Don't know if those would work well with the Echo or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back