Feliks Audio ENVY
Mar 25, 2024 at 8:37 AM Post #6,032 of 7,083
Just placed the WE300b order towards Lyric Audio, will report the progress

Mar 25, 2024 at 9:31 AM Post #6,033 of 7,083
btb are not listed as one of their official dealers.
Neither is Upscale audio though and those guys are legit. I would guess WE havent been diligent in updating their authorized dealers list

Mar 25, 2024 at 10:14 AM Post #6,034 of 7,083
Neither is Upscale audio though and those guys are legit. I would guess WE havent been diligent in updating their authorized dealers list
Why would I buy from Upscale Audio when I’m in Germany? Might as well buy direct from WE if I have to go to the US. But will wait to see how Harry gets on with Lyric Audio. They’re in the EU and that will make life much easier if it works out OK.

Mar 25, 2024 at 10:16 AM Post #6,035 of 7,083
Sent the tubes back to BTB by Express today (they didnt want to cover the shipping and send me a lable) Lets see if I get a new pair of WE now from them and how I proceed legally.

This whole adventure really took away some of the fun from this purchase tbh.

Mar 25, 2024 at 10:36 AM Post #6,036 of 7,083
Sent the tubes back to BTB by Express today (they didnt want to cover the shipping and send me a lable) Lets see if I get a new pair of WE now from them and how I proceed legally.

This whole adventure really took away some of the fun from this purchase tbh.
Just looked on their website and I couldn’t find any WE300B’s this time; not the expensive ones. The Full Music ones are also out of stock. The WE300B’s were also out of stock on the Upscale Audio site. I think my Audiophilia Nervosa is about to kick-in.

Mar 25, 2024 at 10:42 AM Post #6,038 of 7,083
@Leto Dal did they not give you the option of a full refund under any circumstances? sorry if this was mentioned already and i missed it.
They did, but I dont want to wait for a new set of tubes from Italy or pay import fee for an import from the states. My purchase is covered by paypal buyers warranty so fingers crossed all goes well this time. If all goes well, I will see to get my shippings fees from them and if they try to make it a problem, Il make the whole story with the scammy attempt to sell me used not factory matched set an legal issue for them.

Mar 25, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #6,039 of 7,083
They did, but I dont want to wait for a new set of tubes from Italy or pay import fee for an import from the states. My purchase is covered by paypal buyers warranty so fingers crossed all goes well this time. If all goes well, I will see to get my shippings fees from them and if they try to make it a problem, Il make the whole story with the scammy attempt to sell me used not factory matched set an legal issue for them.
good luck with this whole situation, it's terrible to think they've probably did this to people who didn't realise in the past.

Mar 25, 2024 at 10:50 AM Post #6,040 of 7,083
good luck with this whole situation, it's terrible to think they've probably did this to people who didn't realise in the past.
I am pretty sure its not their first rodeo, judging on how confident and with total lack of awareness of the situation they been on the phone, yelling at me that they dont have time for such things. The main argument was - you bought a matched pair, its on the invoice, we matched it and our technitian is very professional about it.

Only issue was its stated as "factory matched" on the invoice, just like on the page. And they used WE seals to make it look like a new and factory matched set.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 11:28 AM Post #6,041 of 7,083
I am pretty sure its not their first rodeo, judging on how confident and with total lack of awareness of the situation they been on the phone, yelling at me that they dont have time for such things. The main argument was - you bought a matched pair, its on the invoice, we matched it and our technitian is very professional about it.

Only issue was its stated as "factory matched" on the invoice, just like on the page. And they used WE seals to make it look like a new and factory matched set.
Talk about gaslighting, jfc. Honestly surprised you aren’t requesting a refund and continuing to provide these guys business. It really sucks you don’t have better options in your area. :[

Mar 25, 2024 at 11:29 AM Post #6,042 of 7,083
Talk about gaslighting, jfc. Honestly surprised you aren’t requesting a refund and continuing to provide these guys business. It really sucks you don’t have better options in your area. :[
I will make it fun for them after I receive the item, no worries.

Mar 25, 2024 at 11:35 AM Post #6,043 of 7,083
Just placed the WE300b order towards Lyric Audio, will report the progress
About this factory matching as it is not clearly stated in the Lyric's page I checked it separately, they said that all the WE300b pairs etc they do sell are always factory matched.

Mar 25, 2024 at 2:11 PM Post #6,044 of 7,083

They sold you a used tube as new. They should be put out of business, period.

Mar 25, 2024 at 2:21 PM Post #6,045 of 7,083
They sold you a used tube as new. They should be put out of business, period.
I agree. It is a very, very sketchy and dishonest way to do business.

Vendor matched used tubes are fine. Just disclose that, with measurements, advertise it, and price accordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back