Feliks Audio ENVY
Mar 26, 2024 at 12:24 PM Post #6,061 of 6,900
The Utopia wasn't my taste, because it was too aggressive. I know that the new version won't fix that for me, so i didn't bother. I also know nowadays that i value soundstage more, which the Utopia lacks. Still, it was the second best dynamic driver headphone (when i put it on warm tubes) and i could enjoy it. For my personal enjoyment it had no chance versus my planars though. And since i have my new secret joker, the only thing i'm doing is reducing my collection, because it just stomps so many other cans into the ground...
Everyone seems to hype the Immanis up to the maximum, but there are no reviews out there, i highly suspect that a very well driven Susvara is on the same tier. Also, i dislike the converter box. That being said, i still want to know more about this headphone. It needs to have Shangri-La technicalities combined with a perfect tonality (for my taste) that i would even consider it.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #6,062 of 6,900
The Utopia wasn't my taste, because it was too aggressive. I know that the new version won't fix that for me, so i didn't bother. I also know nowadays that i value soundstage more, which the Utopia lacks. Still, it was the second best dynamic driver headphone (when i put it on warm tubes) and i could enjoy it. For my personal enjoyment it had no chance versus my planars though. And since i have my new secret joker, the only thing i'm doing is reducing my collection, because it just stomps so many other cans into the ground...
Everyone seems to hype the Immanis up to the maximum, but there are no reviews out there, i highly suspect that a very well driven Susvara is on the same tier. Also, i dislike the converter box. That being said, i still want to know more about this headphone. It needs to have Shangri-La technicalities combined with a perfect tonality (for my taste) that i would even consider it.
The Immanis is not out in the wild yet, it’s only been featured at 2 shows, so I don’t know what you mean by ‘everyone’ other than most everyone who’s heard it has hyped it to the maximum, except those who preferred the Magna. We may see a few escape into the wild in April when Srajan and Lieven will hopefully receive their demo models, but it could be after Munich before we see products flow out to customers. I’m hoping it will be earlier but only Alex knows right now.

Mar 26, 2024 at 1:49 PM Post #6,063 of 6,900
Envy with IEMs, is it completely silent?
I highly doubt it..I had to use low gain on my Erzetich Charybdis or else I heard all kinds of tube noise but damn this HP sounds great with the envy...kind of like a cross between the 1266 and susvara

Mar 26, 2024 at 1:51 PM Post #6,064 of 6,900
I've always had a soft spot for Audeze LCD headphone. 2F, X, 4, love them all.

But I've read that the LCD 4 doesn't really scale much on a tube amp like Envy. Is that the case? I find this strange as Susvara scales so well and is a planar. Is it something else besides being a planar that makes Sus scale so well? Looking to learn here.

If LCD 4 isn't a great choice I'm interested in trying a Utopia. Never heard one, and have heard they really like tubes. I'm looking for LCD 4 or Utopia AND a ZMF Atrium to complete my headphone collection.
I used to have the LCD-4 I think a tube amp wouldnt be the best of choices for it given the sound signature of the LCD-4 which is already thick and dense to my ears...the 1266 or susvara and others work better

Mar 26, 2024 at 2:11 PM Post #6,065 of 6,900
LCD-4 on Envy is wonderful with a bit more brighter tubes, the headphone is already warm and dark, so if you put it on very warm tubes it tends to get to muddy for my taste. I love mine with Elrog MO's though. Still, it's for sale if any1 wants it... Its does scale, but not as much as the Susvara, and to be fair, almost nothing does.

Utopia is a very aggressive and picky headphone, the OG more than the new one. Put it on warm tubes and it gets way better.
Atrium was ok for me, nothing stood out, but i'm also not the target audience, you gotta be an HD650 lover to really love this headphone, which i am not.
This is entirely anecdotal, but WE's seemed to pair really well with the atriums to the point where I preferred them to the Caldera on the Envy

Mar 26, 2024 at 2:53 PM Post #6,067 of 6,900
I've been switchng between Envy and M3 HP out on any mastering that has hiss, no perceived difference with Storm.

Absolutely loving the top half of the spectrum but I need a bass injection, bit on the limp side vs 394ii. Will most likely change to Takatsukis / cv1988 soon, assess, get 394ii added back in then see if all boxes are ticked.

Mar 26, 2024 at 5:07 PM Post #6,068 of 6,900
I used to have the LCD-4 I think a tube amp wouldnt be the best of choices for it given the sound signature of the LCD-4 which is already thick and dense to my ears...the 1266 or susvara and others work better
I think it depends upon the tube amp and other pieces of the chain - preamp/DAC/turntable/etc. I have a few different tube amps. My LCD-4 are going nowhere. I also have the 1266, and I admit that if I could only keep one set of headphones it would be the 1266. I haven't heard the Susvara yet.

Mar 26, 2024 at 5:28 PM Post #6,069 of 6,900
This is my Tube test report, is it fine?
I think you are well served. They are pretty close. Especially the serial number cannot be closer 😄

Mar 26, 2024 at 6:45 PM Post #6,070 of 6,900
I will also make a rather tongue-in-cheek comment about you completing your headphone collection, because until you’ve heard a Raal 1995 Immanis partnered with Feliks Envy you will never be anywhere near completing your collection. 🤭
I've chosen to not read a thing about it for good reason 😁

Mar 26, 2024 at 6:49 PM Post #6,071 of 6,900
I've chosen to not read a thing about it for good reason 😁
Wise choice, don't read about it just order one an be blown away when you listen to it

Mar 26, 2024 at 6:56 PM Post #6,072 of 6,900
I'm thinking about upgrading the Spring to a May and i would really hate to not use a preamp for the Envy.
I just checked - Spring at 94 Volume (which is equal to no preamp at all) and the Susvara on high gain is very loud at 9 o'clock.
I mean...
IT WOULD BE NICE IF I COULD ACTUALLY USE THE VOLUME KNOB AS INTENDED...

So, do i need to get a Serene? Or is a Bliss probably good enough as a preamp (because i then could kick out the Rebelamp aswell, use the Bliss for both IEM's and when i don't want to turn the Envy on).
What are you guys using as a preamp, if any. Because as i said, making minimal adjustments to the volume is not possible because the output of the Spring is so hot. Lowering the gain makes the Susvara a bit softer in my opinion.
First world problems, i know...

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 7:22 PM Post #6,074 of 6,900
Khozmo Acoustic make very nice passive preamplifiers.
Actually not a bad idea.
Just May -> passive preamp -> Envy
and
May -> Rebelamp for IEM's etc

I just checked the dimensions and the height is 9cm, that's quite a lot :/

Maybe i'll just keep the Spring 3...

Are there any other nice passive preamp options other than Khozmo Acoustic?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back