Feliks Audio ENVY
Mar 25, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #6,046 of 7,077
About this factory matching as it is not clearly stated in the Lyric's page I checked it separately, they said that all the WE300b pairs etc they do sell are always factory matched.
Lyric are also listed on WE’s website as an Authorised Dealer so I think I would feel more confident buying from them at the moment.

Mar 26, 2024 at 4:38 AM Post #6,048 of 7,077
My Melz 1578 turned out well in the end. Very detailed and extended. it take more than 100hours though. btw how long to you guys burn in tubes each time? i typically to 4 hours at a time and rest for 2-3 hours and play again.. is this correct and safe?

Nice!

Your regime seems perfectly reasonable/safe to me. Some people have the Envy on for 8hrs at a time!

In the manual it states to:

-Give tubes 15 minutes to warm up after turning on (I give mine about 5 lol)
-Do not use for more than 8hrs at a time (I rarely reach 4 as my Envy is in the main family living area)
-Leave for 1hr to cool (this relates more to when your are swapping tubes).

I have read that the longevity of the tubes can also be related to the amount of times they are turned on/off (heated and then cooled). Idk really but I think tubes will last for many thousands of hours.
Just use it when you want to and enjoy it :gs1000smile:

Mar 26, 2024 at 8:42 AM Post #6,049 of 7,077
Break in time...

1000014794.jpg

Initial thoughts...

Love the treble, goes down low, needs to open up / better separation.

See what happens after a solid 50+ hrs.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 8:51 AM Post #6,050 of 7,077
Break in time...

1000014794.jpg

Initial thoughts...

Love the treble, goes down low, needs to open up / better separation.

See what happens after a solid 50+ hrs.
Envy with IEMs, is it completely silent?

Mar 26, 2024 at 8:52 AM Post #6,051 of 7,077
Mar 26, 2024 at 8:53 AM Post #6,052 of 7,077
Nice!

Your regime seems perfectly reasonable/safe to me. Some people have the Envy on for 8hrs at a time!

In the manual it states to:

-Give tubes 15 minutes to warm up after turning on (I give mine about 5 lol)
-Do not use for more than 8hrs at a time (I rarely reach 4 as my Envy is in the main family living area)
-Leave for 1hr to cool (this relates more to when your are swapping tubes).

I have read that the longevity of the tubes can also be related to the amount of times they are turned on/off (heated and then cooled). Idk really but I think tubes will last for many thousands of hours.
Just use it when you want to and enjoy it :gs1000smile:
Thanks for the info. I guess its better to be stay on the safe side and be patient especially if theres expensive tubes involved.
The melz turn around in sound quality with burn-in was quite something though. Didn't know that burn had such a big effect on these tubes.

Mar 26, 2024 at 8:54 AM Post #6,053 of 7,077
Mar 26, 2024 at 9:06 AM Post #6,054 of 7,077
You didn't ask me, but it wasn't with Campfire Trifecta for me.
I was about to say the same thing. The CA Trifecta is not quiet even with my SP3000 using the 4.4mm connection, but it is quiet with the 2.5mm. GoldenSound said the Envy was quiet enough for many IEM’s but did mention it would not be with CA’s range. I was wondering why you’d need 8 watts of tube power with IEM’s?

Mar 26, 2024 at 9:07 AM Post #6,055 of 7,077
Envy with IEMs, is it completely silent?
Not really noticed anything with Storm. 394ii is away back to HQ due to OCP kicking in so when it's back, Envy will be used as pre with 394ii on the end for Storm. I'll most likely use it on it's own with cans.

Even checked on mid gain, no noticeable hiss but treble became over driven.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 10:08 AM Post #6,056 of 7,077
I was wondering why you’d need 8 watts of tube power with IEM’s?
Do you mean why did I use an IEM with the Envy? Just tried it out of interest. I don't have a dedicated IEM set up, so if I'm using IEMs at my desk I want them to work my desktop amp. I didn't like the overall tonality of Trifecta anyway. Have some Empire Ears Odin arriving today. Will report on performance with Envy vs my IFI Go Blu.

Mar 26, 2024 at 11:32 AM Post #6,058 of 7,077
I've always had a soft spot for Audeze LCD headphone. 2F, X, 4, love them all.

But I've read that the LCD 4 doesn't really scale much on a tube amp like Envy. Is that the case? I find this strange as Susvara scales so well and is a planar. Is it something else besides being a planar that makes Sus scale so well? Looking to learn here.

If LCD 4 isn't a great choice I'm interested in trying a Utopia. Never heard one, and have heard they really like tubes. I'm looking for LCD 4 or Utopia AND a ZMF Atrium to complete my headphone collection.

Mar 26, 2024 at 12:13 PM Post #6,059 of 7,077
LCD-4 on Envy is wonderful with a bit more brighter tubes, the headphone is already warm and dark, so if you put it on very warm tubes it tends to get to muddy for my taste. I love mine with Elrog MO's though. Still, it's for sale if any1 wants it... Its does scale, but not as much as the Susvara, and to be fair, almost nothing does.

Utopia is a very aggressive and picky headphone, the OG more than the new one. Put it on warm tubes and it gets way better.
Atrium was ok for me, nothing stood out, but i'm also not the target audience, you gotta be an HD650 lover to really love this headphone, which i am not.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 12:18 PM Post #6,060 of 7,077
I've always had a soft spot for Audeze LCD headphone. 2F, X, 4, love them all.

But I've read that the LCD 4 doesn't really scale much on a tube amp like Envy. Is that the case? I find this strange as Susvara scales so well and is a planar. Is it something else besides being a planar that makes Sus scale so well? Looking to learn here.

If LCD 4 isn't a great choice I'm interested in trying a Utopia. Never heard one, and have heard they really like tubes. I'm looking for LCD 4 or Utopia AND a ZMF Atrium to complete my headphone collection.
I can’t comment on the LCD 4 as I’ve never heard any of the Audeze range but I can comment on the Utopia. I use my Utopia with my SP3000 when I travel and I enjoy it very much. I recently had an Envy at home and can say that it was the best I’ve heard the Utopia. The Utopia is a good all rounder and the DD packs a nice punch but I doubt it’s going to compete with your 1266 or Susvara when used with the Envy. However this is all about personal preferences and I would definitely recommend you give the Utopia a listen. I will also make a rather tongue-in-cheek comment about you completing your headphone collection, because until you’ve heard a Raal 1995 Immanis partnered with Feliks Envy you will never be anywhere near completing your collection. 🤭

Users who are viewing this thread

Back