[FiiO K9 AKM]FiiO Desktop DAC and Headphone Amplifier K9 AKM Is Officially Released!
Dec 14, 2023 at 10:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 107

FiiO

Sponsor: FiiO
As a user-oriented company, FIIO has been tracking the launched products and optimizing them to enhance the user experience. During the sale of the K9 ESS version, we listened carefully to the opinions and suggestions of our sales agents and users around the world. After many internal discussions, we finally decided to develop the K9 AKM version in order to fulfill the pursuit of the unique sound of the AKM DAC chip.
1702610419821.png

The K9 AKM applies AKM's brand-new flagship DAC combo --AK4191EQ+AK4499EX. Based on the new design technology of totally separated digital and analog sections, the DAC combo even incorporates the newly developed "DWA ROUTING technology" to improve the Signal to Noise Ratio and reduce noise from varieties of amplitude. The result is more realistic, detailed and natural sound transmission, as if you were there with the performing artists.
1702610517761.png

The K9 AKM not only retains the ESS version’s rich inputs and outputs, including coaxial/optical/Type-B/4.4mm/RCA inputs and 6.35mm/4.4mm/XLR-4/RCA/XLR outputs, but also adds a new Type-C input on the right side of the body, which makes it easy for you to connect directly to your cell phone/player and other devices via the Type-C connector.
1702610557594.png

In addition, the K9 AKM applies the THX AAA 788+ amplifier as in the high-end DAC/Amp K9 Pro, giving it an extraordinary 1% undistorted power output up to 780mW at 300Ω and up to 2000mW at 32Ω, easily handles low-impedance or high-impedance headphones.
1702610599446.png

The K9 AKM also uses the K9 Pro’s six-stage audio circuit. From the DAC, to the volume adjustment, to the amplification, every part of the K9 AKM is truly balanced for greatly reduced crosstalk and more authentic sound.
1702610661961.png

Isolated digital and analog section power supply, QCC5124 Bluetooth chip, etc., there are more surprises for you.
1702610684224.png

*In the first 7 days since its release, the K9 AKM will be served with a 30 USD discount (promo price 498.19 USD, usual price 529.99 USD). If you are interested in it, come take it home on our AliExpress Official Store right away: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806154304270.html

Best regards,
Guangzhou FIIO Electronics Technology Co., Ltd.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 15, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #2 of 107
I’m an AKM person, so looking forward to the inevitable comparisons between this new version and the ESS version I got two weeks ago.

Dec 15, 2023 at 9:21 PM Post #4 of 107
Oh nice, as a owner and enjoyer of the K9 pro AKM Im really excited about being able to shill the K9 AKM when it comes out. Do hope they take thier time tweeking the firmware though and not rush it out like the Hiby R6 pro II which on release sounded so thin but fixed with firmware updates.

Also its a long shot but I do hope that the driver control and microdetail is up there with the K9 pro AKM, it was something I noticed with the K9 ESS being noticabily less resolving than the K9 pro ESS. Then again its not that important except for people that listen to multi tracked brickwalled songs.

Dec 15, 2023 at 11:52 PM Post #5 of 107
Oh nice, as a owner and enjoyer of the K9 pro AKM Im really excited about being able to shill the K9 AKM when it comes out. Do hope they take thier time tweeking the firmware though and not rush it out like the Hiby R6 pro II which on release sounded so thin but fixed with firmware updates.

Also its a long shot but I do hope that the driver control and microdetail is up there with the K9 pro AKM, it was something I noticed with the K9 ESS being noticabily less resolving than the K9 pro ESS. Then again its not that important except for people that listen to multi tracked brickwalled songs.
Hope all that too.

Guessing that Fiio has developed in the past several DAC/AMPs, most likely it should be as or better than previous versions.

Cheers

Dec 17, 2023 at 8:54 AM Post #7 of 107
I wonder if it's worth upgrading?
I currently have Fiio K7 + PSU PL50, would this new Fiio K9 be a good upgrade?
That's a great set-up, I've not listened to.

The K9 is higher on the Fiios line-up, so it should have better qualities, I would ask myself that question, as if you're satisfied there's no need.

This is the first, well second purchase I've done of an AMP/DAC. The SMSL DO300EX, which I ended up returning as it made cracking noises, which is similar to Fiios K9 AKM. So I'm currently only using the BTR7.

Pretty sure that in the future I will get other gear...

Best

Dec 17, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #8 of 107
That's a great set-up, I've not listened to.

The K9 is higher on the Fiios line-up, so it should have better qualities, I would ask myself that question, as if you're satisfied there's no need.

This is the first, well second purchase I've done of an AMP/DAC. The SMSL DO300EX, which I ended up returning as it made cracking noises, which is similar to Fiios K9 AKM. So I'm currently only using the BTR7.

Pretty sure that in the future I will get other gear...

Best
SMSL, Topping I give up!!
They are made thinking strongly about measurements, measurements and more measurements aka ASR church, I'm tired of spending money on Topping, SMSL the sound is always the same, dull, without anything that moves you and you can't even say anything about subjective impressions there which generates banishment, there only matters numbers and more numbers, not just numbers, not really.
I just sold my L70 + E70 battery, I much prefer the Fiio K7 sound and as I have an easy time selling the K7, I'm thinking about passing it on and using the value to purchase the new K9 AKM. It would be game over here for me, end of game in quotes, we know that if fiio launches a K9 turbo with 5 watts channel we will want it.

Dec 17, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #10 of 107
I wonder if it's worth upgrading?
I currently have Fiio K7 + PSU PL50, would this new Fiio K9 be a good upgrade?
Well, I had the K7BT & PL50 and just over two weeks ago got the K9 ESS, and it is well worth the extra outlay if your headphones / IEMs are resolving enough.

Cleaner sounding, better layering, better controlled / textured bass, more realistic midrange (not so thick / syrupy) and a more present treble…. The differences aren’t as subtle as some reviews lead you to believe.

Obviously I cannot answer re the AKM version, but I probably can answer re what you’re not liking with the K7, and what you’re looking for in an upgrade.

Dec 19, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #13 of 107
Thank you very much for your kind words!

Well, it seems that FiiO is listening because one unit is on its way for testing!
Yours is already on the way!? Thats great!

I'm anxiously waiting for mine to be delivered as it is somewhere in Hong Kong and, hopefully, will make it to the US this week.

I've just heard and read that the ESS vs the AKM Pro versions favor the ESS more, for whatever reason reviewers tend to be pleased by more air and better treble response., I do too, without giving out musicality and warmth. I doubt that Fiio's newer AKM implementation lacks this.

If you look at it you can see the sidewall with the newer ESS K9 vents and also the USB C from the Pro's version. In my mind, this reiteration carries traits of the previous and should better them all, fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back