[FiiO K9 AKM]FiiO Desktop DAC and Headphone Amplifier K9 AKM Is Officially Released!
Jan 2, 2024 at 9:47 AM Post #18 of 110
As a user-oriented company, FIIO has been tracking the launched products and optimizing them to enhance the user experience. During the sale of the K9 ESS version, we listened carefully to the opinions and suggestions of our sales agents and users around the world. After many internal discussions, we finally decided to develop the K9 AKM version in order to fulfill the pursuit of the unique sound of the AKM DAC chip.

The K9 AKM applies AKM's brand-new flagship DAC combo --AK4191EQ+AK4499EX. Based on the new design technology of totally separated digital and analog sections, the DAC combo even incorporates the newly developed "DWA ROUTING technology" to improve the Signal to Noise Ratio and reduce noise from varieties of amplitude. The result is more realistic, detailed and natural sound transmission, as if you were there with the performing artists.

The K9 AKM not only retains the ESS version’s rich inputs and outputs, including coaxial/optical/Type-B/4.4mm/RCA inputs and 6.35mm/4.4mm/XLR-4/RCA/XLR outputs, but also adds a new Type-C input on the right side of the body, which makes it easy for you to connect directly to your cell phone/player and other devices via the Type-C connector.

In addition, the K9 AKM applies the THX AAA 788+ amplifier as in the high-end DAC/Amp K9 Pro, giving it an extraordinary 1% undistorted power output up to 780mW at 300Ω and up to 2000mW at 32Ω, easily handles low-impedance or high-impedance headphones.

The K9 AKM also uses the K9 Pro’s six-stage audio circuit. From the DAC, to the volume adjustment, to the amplification, every part of the K9 AKM is truly balanced for greatly reduced crosstalk and more authentic sound.

Isolated digital and analog section power supply, QCC5124 Bluetooth chip, etc., there are more surprises for you.

*In the first 7 days since its release, the K9 AKM will be served with a 30 USD discount (promo price 498.19 USD, usual price 529.99 USD). If you are interested in it, come take it home on our AliExpress Official Store right away: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806154304270.html

Best regards,
Guangzhou FIIO Electronics Technology Co., Ltd.

Not available for shipping to Germany, where could it be bought in Europe and when? @FiiO

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2024 at 2:30 AM Post #19 of 110
Not available for shipping to Germany, where could it be bought in Europe and when? @FiiO
Personaly i am waiting for any news and reviews about this akm version. Still none has made it. Without it i don't see point buying blindly, because it could become that current ess not worse. To hear it there is no possibility either so have to believe in someone's else ears and opinions. Blindly buying when there is no possibility to return it (we are not in consumer paradise america with their Amazons) not best step for me with such not cheap audio toys :)

Jan 4, 2024 at 3:59 AM Post #20 of 110
Dear friend,

Thanks for your interest in our K9 AKM.
We have arranged the shipment to the distributor in Germany and the package is supposed to reach soon. You could consider to get one from the local seller in Germany.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 4, 2024 at 4:00 AM Post #21 of 110
Personaly i am waiting for any news and reviews about this akm version. Still none has made it. Without it i don't see point buying blindly, because it could become that current ess not worse. To hear it there is no possibility either so have to believe in someone's else ears and opinions. Blindly buying when there is no possibility to return it (we are not in consumer paradise america with their Amazons) not best step for me with such not cheap audio toys :)
Dear friend,

What's the problem you meet in the K9 ESS?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 4, 2024 at 4:55 AM Post #22 of 110
There is the possibilty to return the unit within 14 days after purchase if bought online.

Jan 4, 2024 at 5:18 AM Post #23 of 110
There is the possibilty to return the unit within 14 days after purchase if bought online.
yeah, i know, but not so easy if bought physically in the shop. At least in my country the seller should accept that return, and he could not accept :)
And i have returned only few thing in my life so hearing as people are buying and returning and buying again for me is something that i would like to avoid.

Jan 4, 2024 at 5:42 AM Post #24 of 110
yeah, i know, but not so easy if bought physically in the shop. At least in my country the seller should accept that return, and he could not accept :)
And i have returned only few thing in my life so hearing as people are buying and returning and buying again for me is something that i would like to avoid.
However, there is a first review online here at head-fi.
I could post my impressions here once it is available in Germany.

Jan 4, 2024 at 7:49 AM Post #25 of 110
However, there is a first review online here at head-fi.
I could post my impressions here once it is available in Germany.
good to know , will check it . Also ofcourse please give impressions when it will be available as i feel too little info about.
edit. : already checked review, this is all how i imagined. Very good technicalities with akm flavour of analogue. Perhaps for pure enjoyement with neutral or bright drivers such as planar form hifiman. It will be best bang for buck amp dack. With ess version i would go with warm type of headphones, but this is always preferences. Some like akm some ess, but happy to see this time fiio lets us decide, what is our drug. And not letting on technicalities. What else fiio has in the future...

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2024 at 8:04 AM Post #26 of 110
Dear friend,

What's the problem you meet in the K9 ESS?

Best regards
My only one problem is not deciding which one to buy - Ess or AKM versions.
:). I liked Fiio k9 pro ess a lot but want something cheaper so not sure - which one to buy after this new akm versio realease.
But this is only to answer for myself i guess :D

Jan 4, 2024 at 12:27 PM Post #27 of 110
I'm going through the same problem.
Fiio does not have a store or representative in my country, I always have to import from China and pay customs taxes and there is also the risk of being blocked from entering the country, entry is not always allowed.

But historically Fiio products have always surprised me with their audio quality, I have never regretted purchasing them and whenever I need to sell the sale is done quickly due to the good reputation of quality that Fiio products have.

With this in mind I placed my order for a Fiio K9 AKM unit that has already arrived in my country and is currently being inspected, I hope it will certainly enter my country, eagerly awaiting the news and tax amounts.

Jan 4, 2024 at 2:07 PM Post #28 of 110
Fiio does not have a store or representative in my country, I always have to import from China and pay customs taxes and there is also the risk of being blocked from entering the country, entry is not always allowed.

But historically Fiio products have always surprised me with their audio quality, I have never regretted purchasing them and whenever I need to sell the sale is done quickly due to the good reputation of quality that Fiio products have.

With this in mind I placed my order for a Fiio K9 AKM unit that has already arrived in my country and is currently being inspected, I hope it will certainly enter my country, eagerly awaiting the news and tax amounts.
You are going to enjoy it very much.

I'm already having a blast! Can't stop listening.

Jan 4, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #29 of 110

Please share your opinion when you will have it. :wink: my country have representatives but not all products possible to check and test. For example 9 pro they have and i have listened. But not k9. But after first review i am sure it will be good product. Fiio usually not disappoint with sound quality and quality overall. Happy listening. Nothing better at this price i don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back