FLUX Mentor Class-A dual-mono headphone amplifier.
Dec 22, 2023 at 9:19 PM Post #31 of 964
Dual Mentors should have the advantage of "impressive sound stage" (separate power > channel separation)?!
I still use my trusty HD800SDR, originally was going to order the Volot, but now I'll wait for a few reviews :)
By the way, is it a good match Voilot + HD800SDR?
P.S. I hope Ichos will review 2 X Mentor and compare to his amplifiers (Aune S17 pro, Violectric HPA V222).

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2023 at 7:13 AM Post #32 of 964
How will that amp work in monoblock + transformer + X9K I wonder, plenty of watts, plenty of voltage...

Dec 23, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #33 of 964
Dual Mentors should have the advantage of "impressive sound stage" (separate power > channel separation)?!
I still use my trusty HD800SDR, originally was going to order the Volot, but now I'll wait for a few reviews :)
By the way, is it a good match Voilot + HD800SDR?
P.S. I hope Ichos will review 2 X Mentor and compare to his amplifiers (Aune S17 pro, Violectric HPA V222).
Hi, I am waiting for one Mentor but with the upgraded cables inside.
And I do plan to compare it with S17 Pro and V222.

Dec 24, 2023 at 6:27 AM Post #34 of 964
Hi! I received my Mentor stack on tuesday and I´m happy to spend some time with it over the holidays. I only set it up temporarily and spend a few hours with it, but so far I´m very happy and will share some impressions in a few days.

Merry Christmas!

IMG_5990.jpeg

Dec 24, 2023 at 7:19 AM Post #35 of 964
Hi! I received my Mentor stack on tuesday and I´m happy to spend some time with it over the holidays. I only set it up temporarily and spend a few hours with it, but so far I´m very happy and will share some impressions in a few days.

Merry Christmas!

IMG_5990.jpeg
It seems like a killer combo!

Merry Christmas ⛄

Dec 27, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #37 of 964

Merry Christmas!

wow, your setup looks clean!

two questions: is it accurate the unit is ~40cm deep? It looks normal & nice on your desk but when I broke the tape measure out here figured I'd quickly run out of space for it (it looks square in pics originally till i started measuring)

also...which color is that? the aluminum? I expected it to look more like your top Merason unit, not gunmetal (which is also cool)

Dec 27, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #38 of 964
wow, your setup looks clean!

two questions: is it accurate the unit is ~40cm deep? It looks normal & nice on your desk but when I broke the tape measure out here figured I'd quickly run out of space for it (it looks square in pics originally till i started measuring)

also...which color is that? the aluminum? I expected it to look more like your top Merason unit, not gunmetal (which is also cool)
The unit is about 40 deep including volume knob and RCA connectors. The bare chassis is about 35cm, but including XLR jacks, you need about 46-47cm. My units are titan grey.

Dec 27, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #39 of 964
The unit is about 40 deep including volume knob and RCA connectors. The bare chassis is about 35cm, but including XLR jacks, you need about 46-47cm. My units are titan grey.

oh, the site lists it as 34.2cm wide x 39.7cm deep (not counting the knobs, I doubt) - is it the other way around?

Dec 27, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #40 of 964
oh, the site lists it as 34.2cm wide x 39.7cm deep (not counting the knobs, I doubt) - is it the other way around?
34.2 wide, 39.7 deep including knob and RCA connectors.

Dec 27, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #41 of 964

Merry Christmas!

IMG_5990.jpeg
Any impressions or comparisons? Looking for comparisons to mj3, bliss and Niimbus. Three different tiers of amps but if you've heard any it would be interesting to see a comparison.

Dec 27, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #42 of 964
thanks dude

actually just spoke with them and they said its 351mm without the knob/etc so a bit more of a square, not bad. Thought this thing was nearly as long as the Schiit Yiggy is wide, which wouldve been awkward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back