FLUX Mentor Class-A dual-mono headphone amplifier.
Jan 2, 2024 at 2:24 AM Post #46 of 1,058
Santa came by...
IMG_20240102_084027.jpg

Jan 2, 2024 at 11:37 AM Post #47 of 1,058
Jan 2, 2024 at 6:12 PM Post #49 of 1,058
FIND IT

(kidding) :beerchug:

Most of us know exactly what it's like to not have enough freedom to fool around ^^

Jan 3, 2024 at 12:03 AM Post #51 of 1,058
We are waiting your review
Thank you, it will take a while because Flux instructed me that the amplifier needs at least 150 hours of use to let the big capacitors settle down. So I am going to let it playing music 24/7 for a while.

Jan 3, 2024 at 7:44 AM Post #52 of 1,058
Thank you, it will take a while because Flux instructed me that the amplifier needs at least 150 hours of use to let the big capacitors settle down. So I am going to let it playing music 24/7 for a while.
Appreciate your reviews, take your time 👍

Jan 4, 2024 at 3:42 AM Post #56 of 1,058
The Neotech cable is very high quality and the remote control solid aluminium.
IMG_20240103_155415-wm-49060.40000003576_watermarked.jpg
This is the first time I've seen a manufacturer add a high-level cable to the kit. Flux is really great.
Can you take a photo of the cable where you can see the brand of the cable? Thank you.

Jan 4, 2024 at 3:58 AM Post #57 of 1,058
This is the first time I've seen a manufacturer add a high-level cable to the kit. Flux is really great.
I think it's a downside to this amplifier. I don't want to pay for "premium" power cables, but I'm forced to with Flux as it's included. Would much rather see the product being sold for less, with a standard cable. Let it be up to the customer if they want to spend money on cables, don't force it on them, IMO.

Jan 4, 2024 at 4:19 AM Post #58 of 1,058
I think it's a downside to this amplifier. I don't want to pay for "premium" power cables, but I'm forced to with Flux as it's included. Would much rather see the product being sold for less, with a standard cable. Let it be up to the customer if they want to spend money on cables, don't force it on them, IMO.
"Premium" power cable is optional, just the way you like it :) If you don't need it, you don't have to pay for it…

Jan 4, 2024 at 4:26 AM Post #59 of 1,058
Can you take a photo of the cable where you can see the brand of the cable? Thank you.

"Premium" power cable is optional, just the way you like it :) If you don't need it, you don't have to pay for it…
Hello guys,

Just to avoid any misunderstanding,

The Neotech power cable and the remote control are optional with an additional charges.

A single mentor amplifier with a regular "black" cable and without remote is currently on offer for $1199.

The Neotech upgrade cable is $100 extra.
The remote control is $50.

You don't have to buy the Neotech cable but the manufacturer suggests that this is a specialty matched cable to extract the best possible performance of the amplifier.

Jan 4, 2024 at 5:28 AM Post #60 of 1,058

More detailed information about amplifier configuration options can be found here - https://fluxlab-acoustics.com/product/mentor-class-a-headphone-amplifier/

This flexibility can satisfy any customer.

If I decide to buy, I will probably get a set with a remote control and a premium cable. In my opinion this is beneficial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back