Gustard H26 Fully Balanced Class A Headphone Amp
Jan 6, 2024 at 9:30 AM Post #16 of 114
About the class a thing i did try ask gustard again over from taobao. He only said low resistance high power is class ab. He never test what at power it trigger to class ab.Now i listen for almost 20-30mins machine is very normal don't feel any increase of temperature.My dap Rs6 more hotter than the amp. My room temperature ard 27° without any aircon or fan on.
Thanks for your early feedbacks, sounds good to me !

I hope it will run your Tungsten very well, endgame setup at reasonable prices, what's not to like ?

Jan 6, 2024 at 9:45 AM Post #17 of 114
Thanks for your early feedbacks, sounds good to me !

I hope it will run your Tungsten very well, endgame setup at reasonable prices, what's not to like ?
Too early to tell what not like.Tungsten i havent get it but tomorrow i lend the amp to my friend which has single ended tungsten and he has way better describe than me.I also have gustard fuse as a free gift for early purchase which hope it boost it.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2024 at 9:51 PM Post #19 of 114
Well, I ordered BOTH Gustard H26 & A26. I also have Aune S17 Headphone Amp on the way. I will AB them in a week or two once they arrive. I am hoping that Gustard stays in Class A for at least 1 watt or so. Very few headphones require more.
For sure it should be great for IEM's. I was not sure that Aune S17 would be clean enough at very low power and resistance to do justice to IEM's. Hence, I ordered both. Worst comes to worst if I feel one is not necessary I will resale it.

Jan 9, 2024 at 12:06 AM Post #20 of 114
Well, I ordered BOTH Gustard H26 & A26. I also have Aune S17 Headphone Amp on the way. I will AB them in a week or two once they arrive. I am hoping that Gustard stays in Class A for at least 1 watt or so. Very few headphones require more.
For sure it should be great for IEM's. I was not sure that Aune S17 would be clean enough at very low power and resistance to do justice to IEM's. Hence, I ordered both. Worst comes to worst if I feel one is not necessary I will resale it.
The sounding is like reference type but very smooth sounding.

Jan 9, 2024 at 12:59 AM Post #23 of 114
Is very neutral, transparent sound. Smooth as in non fatigue type can listen long.
Thanks. Does it have a great holographic soundstage? Also did you figure out what is going on with class A or AB? One guy on here mentioned that it cannot be all class A because there is not enough heat sinks. However, the Halo amp has even less and it is all class A. Did you compare it to any other amp?

Jan 9, 2024 at 1:09 AM Post #24 of 114
Thanks. Does it have a great holographic soundstage? Also did you figure out what is going on with class A or AB? One guy on here mentioned that it cannot be all class A because there is not enough heat sinks. However, the Halo amp has even less and it is all class A. Did you compare it to any other amp?
Sound better u try your own. I not good in describe.Gustard only said low impedance high power class ab.

Jan 10, 2024 at 2:13 AM Post #27 of 114
H26 basically very good can play high sensitive iem and play hardest hp like tungsten well
Thanks. I have the Gustard H26 and the Aune S17 on order as well as the Gustard A26 DAC. I will test out both the AUNE s17 against the Gustard H26 headphone amp.
If you have any recommendations for good headphones at a reasonable price it would be greatly appreciated?

Jan 10, 2024 at 9:26 AM Post #28 of 114
Thanks. I have the Gustard H26 and the Aune S17 on order as well as the Gustard A26 DAC. I will test out both the AUNE s17 against the Gustard H26 headphone amp.
If you have any recommendations for good headphones at a reasonable price it would be greatly appreciated?
I have been using Aune S17 pro for 1 month. Sounds is good, rich and warm. However, one of the biggest issues I have is "HEATING". This S17 unit is SUPER HOT. My room temp is 20C degree, S17 starts making a good sound when it is warmed up about 50C degree. From 50c to 68c (Maximum) temp shifting speed, it only takes 15mins, Getting hot really fast and temp ramping up really fast. Basically, Aunet S17 pro w/ 100MA mode (Class A) works for ONLY 15 mins, then mode automatically changes back to 50MA mode for over-heat safety.

Still disputing with the seller to get retun approval and money back, seller denied. Really frustrating and disappointed.
In my opinion, do not buy S17 Pro because many other users are experiencing the same heating issue.

Sound like H26 will be a good replacement of S17 Pro!! Good job Gustard !! Great timing !!
Looking forward to see more review of H26.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2024 at 9:54 AM Post #29 of 114
I have a Gustard R26 Dac, and was planning to buy the Gustard P26 preamplifier. Now, with the release of H26, I am considering if I should buy this one instead. But in this case, I am basically looking for a stereo preamp, not a headphone amplifier.

Here are some questions regarding the H26 I have asked both Gustard, and Shenzenaudio. No response, at least till when I posted this:
- Is it possible to change the input and output gains on the H26 between 0dB and +6dB, like on the P26?- (the description does say 2 levels of gain, whatever that means..)
- Could I swap the LME49720 Op-amps to Sparkos Labs SS2590? It is definitely possible to do this on the P26. Not clear if there is enough space to do this on the H26, because the picture of the H26 shows capacitors mounted very close to the Op-amps, and the Sparkos OpAmps are big and need space (1.1 x 1.1 inch, or 2.8 x 2.8 cm)
- In pure Preamp mode, what are the advantages of the H26 compared to the P26 Preamplifier, besides the dual toroidal transformers?
- Is the H26 really a good match for the R26 DAC? I am asking because for XLR input, the H26 claims to have input impedance of only 8K Ohm, compared to 47K Ohm for the P26 preamplifier. Does this not seem like a bit low for a pre-amp? Most pre-amps have much higher input impedance. Like, the Denafrips Hestia is 60K Ohms..

Jan 10, 2024 at 10:11 AM Post #30 of 114
I have a Gustard R26 Dac, and was planning to buy the Gustard P26 preamplifier. Now, with the release of H26, I am considering if I should buy this one instead. But in this case, I am basically looking for a stereo preamp, not a headphone amplifier.

Here are some questions regarding the H26 I have asked both Gustard, and Shenzenaudio. No response, at least till when I posted this:
- Is it possible to change the input and output gains on the H26 between 0dB and +6dB, like on the P26?- (the description does say 2 levels of gain, whatever that means..)
- Could I swap the LME49720 Op-amps to Sparkos Labs SS2590? It is definitely possible to do this on the P26. Not clear if there is enough space to do this on the H26, because the picture of the H26 shows capacitors mounted very close to the Op-amps, and the Sparkos OpAmps are big and need space (1.1 x 1.1 inch, or 2.8 x 2.8 cm)
- In pure Preamp mode, what are the advantages of the H26 compared to the P26 Preamplifier, besides the dual toroidal transformers?
- Is the H26 really a good match for the R26 DAC? I am asking because for XLR input, the H26 claims to have input impedance of only 8K Ohm, compared to 47K Ohm for the P26 preamplifier. Does this not seem like a bit low for a pre-amp? Most pre-amps have much higher input impedance. Like, the Denafrips Hestia is 60K Ohms..
You need riser for ss2590. I intend to buy ss2590 too for h26. But now i need see will the width enough for bot coz pretty near each other.Next week i do the measurement i lend the amp to my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back