HIFIMAN Svanar Wireless is Available Now - A True Wireless ANC Earbuds for Audiophiles!
Jun 21, 2023 at 12:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 61
Dear Head-fiers,

We are thrilled to announce that the Svanar Wireless is now available!
1687319678612.jpeg

SVANAR Wireless ($499) is a new Reference True Wireless earbud for audiophiles. It features a 10mm dynamic driver, on-board amplifier and custom Hymalaya ladder DAC for sonics typically associated with wired models.

The full range high-performance Bluetooth 5.2 earbud features a custom version of HIFIMAN’s Hymalaya multi-bit ladder DAC/AMP module that claims audible sonic improvements over a standard wireless receiver’s built-in 1-bit DAC. Combined with the headphone amplifier module, the SVANAR Wireless further claims high-resolution sonics that are detailed and full range, reflecting the maximum quality of the recording or live stream, especially when listening to high-resolution LDAC, AAC, and SBC files.

In addition to the Hymalaya DAC, SVANAR Wireless features HIFIMAN’s Topology Diaphragm: each earbud’s diaphragm, which converts mechanical vibrations to sound, is covered with a Nano particle coating that contributes to significantly greater sonic detail than is typically associated with True Wireless earphones.

SVANAR Wireless is designed to be enjoyed on-the-go, with two noise canceling technologies — ANC Deep Noise Cancellation and ENC Deep Voice Cancellation. ANC accurately identifies and eliminates noise up to -35dB. And, to keep voice calls clear and clutter-free, ENC relies on artificial intelligence that simulates the human auditory system, extracting the human voice while filtering out extraneous noise.

The frequency range of SVANAR Wireless is 10Hz to 35KHz. The on-board amp output is rated at 45mW. The average battery time is 4 to 7 hours, depending upon usage. Earbuds, each of which weighs 8g, can be charged three times before needing to recharge the case. In addition, SVANAR Wireless is IPX5-rated for resistance to sweat and dirt over hours of uninterrupted service.

“The SVANAR Wireless is the perfect example of what can be achieved with the right mix of audio technologies and industrial design,” said Dr. Fang Bian, Founder, and CEO, HIFIMAN Electronics. “But, ultimately, it comes down to the exceptional sound quality, especially when enjoying high-resolution audio. There is nothing else quite like it.”

Also we are extremely proud to have invited the highly respected musicians Rich Pagano and Christopher Currell to try out the new TWS IEM Svanar Wireless! Here you can find their comments!

Don't miss out on the opportunity to enjoy the ultimate HIFI TWS - purchase now!
https://store.hifiman.com/index.php/svanar-wirelss.html

For some common questions you may wonder, here is a Q&A list for your reference:

1. When the Svanar Wireless keeps disconnecting from paired devices:

1) For Android users, due to the complexity of the electromagnetic environment, the default LDAC high-resolution Bluetooth connection format may freeze or disconnect due to insufficient bandwidth. If this occurs, you can set the LDAC bandwidth to Balanced audio and connection quality (660kbps/606kbps) or Optimized for connection quality (330kbps/303kbps), or enter Settings on your device and manually set the Bluetooth format to AAC or SBC. In this mode the problem of lag/disconnection will be improved.

2) Try switching between Wi-Fi and mobile network to see if it affects the connection stability.

3) Try connecting to other devices

4) Reset the Svanar Wireless and try to reconnect to your phone. For reset, put both Svanar Wireless into the charging case. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the charging case for up to 10 seconds. The status light on the charging case should flash red and green after 3 seconds and flash green after 10 seconds. The reset is finished when the status light flashes green. Try to re-pair to your device.

2. If you can’t connect your phone or if the Svanar Wireless plays no sound

Reset the Svanar Wireless by putting both earphones into the charging case. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the charging case for up to 10 seconds. The status light on the charging case should flash red and green after 3 seconds and flash green after 10 seconds. The reset is finished when the status light flashes green. Try to re-pair to your device.

3. How to reconnect to your phone when wearing the Svanar Wireless

When wearing the Svanar Wireless on both ears, simultaneously press and hold both earphones for up to 3 seconds to disconnect from the paired devices. The Svanar Wireless will then enter pairing mode with a voice prompt of "pairing".

4. How to Switch between Noise Cancellation/HIFI/Transparency mode

Only when both earphones are being worn, the initial state of the earphones, when turned on, is High Fidelity.
Press and hold the left earphone for 3 seconds to switch to Noise Cancellation mode (with a voice prompt of "ANC ON").
Press and hold the left earphone again for another 3 seconds to switch to Transparency mode (with a voice prompt of "Transparency").
Press and hold the left earphone for another 3 seconds to switch back to HIFI mode (with a voice prompt of "High Fidelity").

5. How to Charge the Svanar Wireless

When the earphone battery is low (less than 10%), you will hear the prompt "Low Battery please charge" for every 2 minutes.

Place the Svanar Wireless in the charging case to begin charging. Please note that the Svanar Wireless will not be detected by paired devices during the charging. The Svanar Wireless will automatically power off when fully charged.

The status light in the charging case will light up green for 10 seconds when the earphones are fully charged, and red for 10 seconds when the battery is low. When the charging case’s battery to too low to charge the earphones, the LED will flash red for 10 seconds.

6. How to Charge the Charging Case

Charge the Svanar Wireless charging case by plugging in the charging cable to a charger or placing it on the charging pad.

The status light on the outside of the charging case will stay on during charging to indicate the battery level. The status light will turn green when the battery level is above 80%, yellow when it's between 20% and 80%, red when it's below 20%, and turn off when the battery is fully charged.

7. Is the front housing made of carbon fiber?

Yes, It's a single layer for enhanced aesthetics and comfort.

Last edited:
HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jun 22, 2023 at 4:41 AM Post #4 of 61
This looks awesome if pricey
Thing is, I'm about to throw away my Sony XM4 TWS after 2 years of use because battery life has gone down from a very decent 8 hrs to a useless 1.5 hrs (I'm using them on 5-10 hr bus rides). Sony being a market leader, if the same thing happens with Svanar then they will simple cost $500 per 2 years instead of a one-off.

How is deteriorating battery life for Svanar addressed @TeamHiFiMAN? Are batteries user replacable for instance? Tnx...

drftr

Jun 22, 2023 at 6:58 AM Post #5 of 61
How is deteriorating battery life for Svanar addressed @TeamHiFiMAN? Are batteries user replacable for instance? Tnx...

drftr
the batterries arent user replaceable-the warranty lasts 2 years(18 months plus a 6 month extension if you join their Facebook group) I'll leave HiFiMan to address the more long term concerns, because its obviously a good point you're making

Jun 22, 2023 at 7:43 PM Post #7 of 61
Just read this from By Qucox05/15/2023. Is this accurate?
"In general, noise cancellation and transparency modes are not the strong points of HIFIMAN SVANAR WIRELESS.
It should be noted that HYMALAYA R2R DAC does not work in these two modes, and it will only work when it is switched to HiFi mode."

Jun 28, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #11 of 61
Thing is, I'm about to throw away my Sony XM4 TWS after 2 years of use because battery life has gone down from a very decent 8 hrs to a useless 1.5 hrs (I'm using them on 5-10 hr bus rides). Sony being a market leader, if the same thing happens with Svanar then they will simple cost $500 per 2 years instead of a one-off.

drftr
I'm not sure if the same is true for the XM4 but the Sony XM3 were notable, at the time of their release, for being one of the easiest earphones to replace the battery in. You just had to search for the Varta Battery replacement number and replacing them was about 20 to 30 minutes work. Not ideal, compared to how easy it used to be to do this sort of thing on old devices, but certainly better than the most of them.

I would look into seeing if you can do the same for the XM4 before purchasing a new unit.

Jun 28, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #12 of 61
I'm not sure if the same is true for the XM4 but the Sony XM3 were notable, at the time of their release, for being one of the easiest earphones to replace the battery in. You just had to search for the Varta Battery replacement number and replacing them was about 20 to 30 minutes work. Not ideal, compared to how easy it used to be to do this sort of thing on old devices, but certainly better than the most of them.

I would look into seeing if you can do the same for the XM4 before purchasing a new unit.
Tnx for that! Looks like some people actually managed to do this albeit with random results. Looks like laboratory work! Also the quality of the batteries seems to be an issue as said Varta batteries went down to sub 3 hrs within 8 months. I will give it a thought nevertheless so tnx for your suggestion!

drftr

Jul 1, 2023 at 1:08 AM Post #13 of 61
Well, I’m aggravated. After many many trials of every Bluetooth earbud, I had previously settled for the B&W Pi7 S2s, and the AirPods Pro and Maxs, only because the compatibility and filters for the Apple environment are really quite spectacular. The Apple Bluetooth’s may alter the sound a bit to conform to the Apple environment, but I Dont care if the sound is altered, if it ends up sounding great to my ears. Which it did. And the B&Ws were just nice and smooth. A little heavy on the bass. But smooth.

But I, just got my Svarnar wireless’s today , and they make my others sound like $30 Anker Bluetooth earbuds. Blows the others away. It’s like fireworks compared to depression. It’s like life compared to life support 😂.

I was really hoping the $500 buds wouldn’t be that much better, and I could do my normal “Amazon try and return” 😂😂. But they are. And now I gotta keep them.

That’s a non technical layman’s review, just a music freak that cares about the sound, not so much the specs . Do with it as you wish 😂

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2023 at 2:04 AM Post #14 of 61
Well, I’m aggravated. After many many trials of every Bluetooth earbud, I had previously settled for the B&W Pi7 S2s, and the AirPods Pro and Maxs, only because the compatibility and filters for the Apple environment are really quite spectacular. The Apple Bluetooth’s may alter the sound a bit to conform to the Apple environment, but I Dont care if the sound is altered, if it ends up sounding great to my ears. Which it did. And the B&Ws were just nice and smooth. A little heavy on the bass. But smooth.

But I, just got my Svarnar wireless’s today , and they make my others sound like $30 Anker Bluetooth earbuds. Blows the others away. It’s like fireworks compared to depression. It’s like life compared to life support 😂.

I was really hoping the $500 buds wouldn’t be that much better, and I could do my normal “Amazon try and return” 😂😂. But they are. And now I gotta keep them.

That’s a non technical layman’s review, just a music freak that cares about the sound, not so much the specs . Do with it as you wish 😂
Thanks for sharing your thoughts mate!!! I'm excited for mine to arrive!! Quite honestly I'm not a tws guy. But I'm willing to give the Svanar a chance. I do hope it surprise me in most ways. 😎

Jul 3, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #15 of 61
TWS (True Wireless Stero) is something that I am new to. Primarily, it doesn't benefit my needs as a musician and I depend on wired connections mostly. But this will be an exception. Let me share my VERY EARLY impressions on the Hifiman Svanar wireless!
IMG20230703221055.jpg

• Fun sound profile with engagement
  • Full-bodied bass with good weight and texture
  • Prominent mid-bass
  • Midrange offers no recessed nature that puts vocals and highlighted instruments at the front seat. Rich in sound and dense note weight
  • Timbre is very natural and a tinge warm with a bit of sizzle on the upper mids. I can hear it on my piano tracks on its upper ranges. The Hymalaya R2R dac/amp embedded can be heard at work
  • Separation is average as instruments and vocals seem melded together
  • LDAC connection has its limits. 5 steps away and I'm losing connection. Make it 3 if I'm in between walls or obstacles
  • Imaging is ok and decent but nothing out of the ordinary
  • Sound stage portrays extra headroom
  • Resolution can quite compete with some of my wired IEMS. Very impressive to be honest. Well it better be for the price point
  • Speed never felt sluggish and exhibits good attack and note definition
  • Stock ear tips are mediocre for its asking price
IMG_20230703_223433.jpg

Stay tuned for an in-depth review on this one in a week or so. These are very early impressions and some points might subject to change. Cheers!

#HIFIMAN #svanar #TWS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back