HIFIMAN Svanar Wireless is Available Now - A True Wireless ANC Earbuds for Audiophiles!
Oct 9, 2023 at 11:28 PM Post #46 of 61
Hi guys.
Definitely Svanar Wireless is the best tws that I ever heard!

But I’ve a big issue, left earbud doesn’t charge and it’s totally power depleted.

I clean carefully and checked that pins are ok without any success. Left earbud still dead.
@TeamHiFiMAN can you help me please?
Hi there, sorry to hear that. Can you please kindly email us at customerservice@hifiman.com so our support team can check and solve the issue for you?

Thank you!

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Oct 14, 2023 at 11:08 AM Post #47 of 61
So I had the idea to do an overview of the best sounding true wireless earphones I've used so far, but it started gravitating toward a review of one of them instead (with some comparisons to the others).

A-bunch-of-TWS-earphones_4680X3120.jpg

Because of the recent CanJams (and CanJam Dallas upcoming), it's been a thing in progress for a while. If you've watched any of the recent CanJam Preview Videos, I've given some hints that the Svanar Wireless moved to the top of my list of TWS earphones for dedicated music listening. Anyway, yesterday I decided to measure them for the first time, choosing to start with HEAD acoustics' MDAQS (Multi-Dimensional Audio Quality Score), which involves advanced metrics modeling human perception. To learn more about it, watch my interview with Dr. Hans W. Gierlich of HEAD acoustics here:

Anyway, this is how the HIFIMAN Svanar Wireless scored on MDAQS:

HIFIMAN Svanar Wireless MDAQS 2023-10-13.png

I had to measure them using AAC from the HEAD acoustics labCORE (even though this labCORE also supports LDAC), because the LDAC connection to the Svanar Wireless gets really dicey when I close the doors on the acoustic/vibration isolation chamber. (I prefer the Svanar Wireless' sound via LDAC when I can use it.)

Long story short, that's the best score we've seen from any true wireless IEM we've evaluated with MDAQS, and one of the best MDAQS scores we've seen so far from any headphone, period. I'm not at all surprised.

Jacob Soendergaard from HEAD acoustics is visiting Head-Fi HQ again next week, and we may record an interview/discussion with him about MDAQS. Again, I’ll be talking more about MDAQS -- what it is, what it isn't, what it means, what it doesn't mean -- with a lot more to come, especially going into 2024.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2023 at 4:45 AM Post #48 of 61
I am pretty impressed by these for sound quality (for a TWS). The fidelity on these are the best I've heard for TWS. The best bass of any TWS I've heard. Imaging is just great!

The highs sound like it's a bit elevated, but it not in a bad way. Because I've heard of TWS with just eleveted highs, and SQ wasn't that great, they just sounded very V-shaped, and I couldn't stand the highs.

Now, I believe Hifiman can do high fidelity TWS. For future models, I hope Hifiman achieve more stable high bit rate codec like LDAC. The quality of the tips provided though.. not good. I had to use other tips to listen to these properly.

These kinda sound like Focal Clear tonally. Music is quite engaging on these. I'm really surprised.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2023 at 6:39 AM Post #49 of 61
If Hifiman designed the drivers for Samsung or Apple, it would be over. The collab would result in the best sounding TWS with the best technology.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #50 of 61
Anyone able to discern the difference between the $499 Svanar Wireless and this new $299 SKU, called, "Svanar Wireless LE", "Light Luxury Version?" The marketing material below seems identical to the one for the $499 version at first glance....

EDIT: It looks like LDAC , wireless charging for the case, and carbon fiber materials are missing in the description for the Light Luxury Version -- can't see anything else different, though.

They don't list "DAC Embedded" in the LE version, but it clearly still references the Himalaya R2R in the LE so it seems there would have to still be a discrete DAC.

Svanar Wireless LE SVANAR WIRELESS Light Luxury Version

Screenshot 2023-10-18 at 12.50.15 PM.png

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2023 at 3:08 PM Post #51 of 61
As mentioned it looks like a scaled back version with no LDAC support probably being the biggest change. Lack of wireless charging and the carbon fiber also missing.

For anyone using an Apple device, this would be the perfect option if you can live without wireless charging. The carbon fiber looks nice but to me is more a superficial thing than any requirement.

For Android users you will lose LDAC which is problematic on the full version so maybe not such a big loss. Its a nice to have but NOT what makes these an audiophile TWS. I do hear more details with LDAC but the over all signature and sound is the same with AAC and its MUCH more stable and hassle free. If I am honest LDAC is problematic to some degree on lots of TWS (but generally not quite as severe as the Svanar Wireless) and the sound improvement while noticeable in A/B comparisons is easy to forget about if you just use AAC consistently.

I have actually turned off LDAC on my Svanar Wireless and am just using AAC for convenience and better battery life.

Oct 18, 2023 at 3:36 PM Post #52 of 61
As mentioned it looks like a scaled back version with no LDAC support probably being the biggest change. Lack of wireless charging and the carbon fiber also missing.

For anyone using an Apple device, this would be the perfect option if you can live without wireless charging. The carbon fiber looks nice but to me is more a superficial thing than any requirement.

For Android users you will lose LDAC which is problematic on the full version so maybe not such a big loss. Its a nice to have but NOT what makes these an audiophile TWS. I do hear more details with LDAC but the over all signature and sound is the same with AAC and its MUCH more stable and hassle free. If I am honest LDAC is problematic to some degree on lots of TWS (but generally not quite as severe as the Svanar Wireless) and the sound improvement while noticeable in A/B comparisons is easy to forget about if you just use AAC consistently.

I have actually turned off LDAC on my Svanar Wireless and am just using AAC for convenience and better battery life.
I had an issue with LDAC initially, but oddly, it went away after awhile. What I tried is turn off other BT signals around me, but I turned one back on and still no issue. I'm not sure what happened, or what I did for LDAC signal to work better. I've not tested these at the airport with many devices around me, so YMMV.

Maybe, initially it was in 990kbps and was breaking up, and then got throttled to lower bit rate LDAC. Just speculation.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #53 of 61
LDAC 990 is a hard ask for most TWS or headphones in general, so many things can mess with the signal.

In my case even leaving it set to Best Effort I still get disconnects from one earbud. The only fix has been to turn BT off and back on. But even that fix sometimes still has the disconnect on one bud.

So for simplicity sake I just turned off LDAC and am running on AAC which is pretty close to the same quality anyway.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #54 of 61
I have no technical issues with these and I like the look for its design of metal.
I’m a bit confused why no EQ nor software to control the use for them.
Rolling tips is a must on most all ear buds , but with these it’s a bigger trial to get them working well.
I own a few of the newer wireless flagships
Bowers and Wilkins
Devialet gem 2
sennhiser momentum 3
and a few others
I’ll make some clear comments in a few days
no price should be in what I think each is.
ultimately sound is first and foremost. Features second
so far the gem2 are ahead in a few ways.
lastly not even an app to use will not effect my thoughts as purely sound is first.
I can say wireless has moved closer to wired IEMS OR CIEMS

As. work long hours I use bone conduction for 2 cell phones and a dap for ear buds lol.
it does get annoying how often I have to shut music off
Fatigue is a factor but good ones never

Dec 15, 2023 at 2:08 AM Post #55 of 61
How are these iems with being able to hear conversations around you? I understand they have an ambient and noise canceling mode. However the review I read state the ambient mode failed to capture conversations. Maybe I am misunderstanding what the ambient mode is.

I am looking for a wireless iem that can be played at low volume with great quality sound and not block out sounds in the environment around.

Mar 2, 2024 at 7:48 AM Post #57 of 61
How does the sound quality compare with Edition XS?

Also, do you still get the cutouts in ldac mode when carrying your phone/dap in your pocket or just when you walk away from it?

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2024 at 4:10 PM Post #58 of 61
Greetings

My hifiman svanar tws stopped charging on the right side

although I take care of it properly

@TeamHiFiMAN

Mar 14, 2024 at 9:06 PM Post #59 of 61
Greetings

My hifiman svanar tws stopped charging on the right side

although I take care of it properly

@TeamHiFiMAN
I had have same issue. Contact Hifiman Service to get support. In my case, I received a new Svannar pair. The only backwards it’s that I payed for shipping for the faulty unit.

They gave me this email for support:
customerservice@hifiman.com

Mar 25, 2024 at 5:15 PM Post #60 of 61
I had have same issue. Contact Hifiman Service to get support. In my case, I received a new Svannar pair. The only backwards it’s that I payed for shipping for the faulty unit.

They gave me this email for support:
customerservice@hifiman.com
thanks. replaced it with another one

does any eq the svanar, what eq u dial in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back