HIFIMAN Svanar Wireless is Available Now - A True Wireless ANC Earbuds for Audiophiles!
Aug 20, 2023 at 9:58 AM Post #31 of 61
I’m also finding my headsets disconnecting. The right one keeps disconnecting from the left and after seconds comes back. Lots of breakup involved. My dap is 1.5’ from my on the elliptical.

Anyone experiencing this? Very Idson drying to have the right earpiece continually come in and out on its own accord. They are well charged.

@Hifiman?
I think I solved it.

I did a forced reconnection ; resetting the svanar’s.

Then I paired with the dx320. placed the right on in my ear and while playing musing put the left one in my ear. Similar breakup but in the opposite side (left in this case).

I started with an unpairing, paired again this time with them in my ear and played with no issues.

a firmware update to fix this glitch would be good!

Aug 20, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #32 of 61
I’m also finding my headsets disconnecting. The right one keeps disconnecting from the left and after seconds comes back. Lots of breakup involved. My dap is 1.5’ from my on the elliptical.

Anyone experiencing this? Very Idson drying to have the right earpiece continually come in and out on its own accord. They are well charged.

@Hifiman?
When I have that happen I am using LDAC at a high bit rate and there is something causing interference. For me its my microwave and sometimes the wifi in the basement if I several laptops running.

If I drop LDAC to best effort (default setting on my Samsung Fold 4) this will usually solve the issue. In rare cases the interference is strong enough I switch to AAC and that fixes the issue.

Aug 21, 2023 at 7:30 PM Post #33 of 61
I received my Svanar Wireless for a few days now and they sound pretty good and I'll say that they maybe come close to IE600 in terms of technical performance. In fact the tuning is very similarly V shaped but the Svanar is slightly less V. I find the IE600 tuning to be more lively and engaging and better for a wider variety of genres. The Svanar is definitely more warmer sounding. But there's something that's off about the Svanar tuning that I cant put my finger on...like there's a dip somewhere and I find upper mids to be more shouty.

The LDAC connection is very poor. Almost every time I take them out the case using LDAC will abruptly cut out every 5 seconds or so. Re-pairing will sometimes fix the issue but it's a hassle to do every time. I've had other Bluetooth devices that use LDAC and it never got this bad. This is my main issue and it happens so frequently that it kinda makes LDAC unusable and ruins the experience.

The ANC/ENC is rendered useless as the volume gets cut in half and unusable. Also no independent volume control on the ear buds is disappointing.

While I do appreciate the futuristic design and sleek angles. I don't see myself wearing this outside as it looks ridiculous. The case is also way too bulky to be carrying in your pocket.

The fitment also isn't great, not super snug to the ear. I'm struggling to find the best tips in terms of sound and comfort. Right now I'm between stock, Azla Crystals, and AET07.

This may sound pretty harsh, but I really wanted to like this TWS since I am a big fan of HFM and this is exciting new product but I don't think this is for me. Especially since I already own IE600 which I can use with TWS adapters. I can get similar sound already and even best it with a high quality cable and pair it with something like Mojo2 or Gryphon. Hope this helps someone considering this TWS.

Edit: I also have Sony XM4 which are my current favorite pair of TWS in terms of sound and functionality. I'll say that the XM4 has around the same technical performance as IE300. And that the Svanar Wireless is somewhere in between IE300 and IE600.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2023 at 7:52 PM Post #34 of 61
Over the in the "Are we there yet thread" there is quite the discussion on these happening. Both sides of the fence!

I posted this and thought it might be good to put here as well. I will be adding more comparisons as I have time. As can be seen from the content of my post, these are time consuming so they won't happen as often as I would like.

I have been avoiding the hard conversations around the Svanar Wireless. My reason is simple. I was sent the product for free and as such I have no place discussing much around the price since I never bought my pair. I will say, if had the money to buy a pair, at the current price my expectations would be very high and my criticisms would be weighted because of the cost. Right or wrong I would be more critical.

So, I will stick to doing comparisons and try to provide that type of feedback.

Here is how I am going to test.

First, I am going to set each of my TWS to their best sound quality according to MY preferences, second, I am going to use them in their best codec configurations I have available to me on my Samsung Fold 4. I will then set the Svanar Wireless to use AAC for initial testing and then switch to LDAC.

Before I give a detailed breakdown, I thought I would share some general thoughts first.

As I am using the Svanar and switching back and forth from LDAC to AAC it was very easy to notice the difference in quality because of how much detail the Svanar present, plus the tonality changed in AAC, making the Svanar brighter and busier sounding. As someone who would buy the Svanar to get as high a sound quality as possible I would be loath to give up that difference in sound quality especially if I could A/B them back and forth. If I was Apple user though I would just hear AAC so would never know the difference. But for android users who can experience both I would think they would want LDAC whenever possible. But I can also say using LDAC with its default best effort settings, while losing a small amount of detail retains the LDAC tonality so think this is an acceptable tradeoff for stability if 990 proves to be unstable.

Having said that, I listened to this song and as I write this continue to use the Svanar at it's highest setting and I have only had two glitches and one was NOT caused by the Svanar!

The first glitch was them suddenly cutting out mid song! Fortunately, I was wearing my smart watch, because when this happened my watch buzzed, drawing my attention. What was happening??? It stated the Technics auto find feature was enabled! When I looked over at the Technics sitting on my bench, they were flashing away red! This happened several times and each time the Technics case flashed red and the Svanar lost connectivity. I then put the Svanar away and switched to the Technics to see what was happening. As I dug around in the app, I found I had enabled the "find my buds" setting which meant they occasionally check in over BT and the app then does a location check so if they got lost I will have a general idea where they are at. Great Feature and good for me! BAD FOR THE SVANAR!

So, I disabled that setting in the Technics and quickly switched back to the Svanar and then it would not let me switch any settings in developer mode and was cutting in and out on the left earpiece. At this point I put them back in the case, waited 10 seconds and tried again and they worked normally again. At that point I went back into the developer mode and was able to set them to 990 and 32-bit mode. Since then, I have been listening to them as I type away listening to the entire Interstellar album without issue. So, in my experience they are reasonably stable.

EDIT: This article has taken enough time to write, I decided to switch over the Amazon Music and listen to Dark Side of the Moon in ULTRA HD and Atmos over Wi-Fi to see if this would cause any glitches on the Svanar, and so far, I have listened to a couple of songs without issue using LDAC at 990.

On to the comparisons...

For the initial comparison here are some notes from Hans Zimmer - Dreaming of the Crash - Interstellar

Svanar Wireless LDAC 990
Bass - this song has a deep bass rumble about half way through the song. This rumble is detailed and has an emotion feel to it.
Midrange - there is a wind and storm at the beginning of this track, followed by minimal music mixed into the wind. On the Svanar this sounding super clear and detailed.
Treble - song isn't much of a treble song...
Sound Stage and imaging - There is a tremendous sense of "being there" as this song plays on the Svanar in LDAC mode. This was by far the most enjoyable to listen to of all the TWS and codecs!

Svanar Wireless AAC
Bass - The bass loses some of the rumble and detail compared to LDAC losing some of the emotional connection.
Midrange - The wind and storm have more presence than when run in LDAC giving an almost a BUSY quality to the sounds, they stand out more strongly than the music placing the music more in the background.
Sound Stage and imaging - Due to the added midrange and treble the song felt to busy and overwhelming, and lost its emotional impact.

AZ80, LDAC 990
Bass - The bass is huge and droning but lacks the detail of the Svanar in AAC mode and a is lot less detailed than the Svanar in LDAC mode.
Midrange - The wind and storm is stronger than the Svanar in LDAC mode but not quite as busy as the AAC mode. It has a bit of etching to the wind. The music is more up front than the Svanar in AAC mode but lacks the balance of the Svanar in LDAC mode.
Sound Stage and imaging - the etching of the wind is actually pretty nice making the song more immersive. The droning of the bass lack detail but has it's own unique feel to it that is quite enjoyable.

MTW3
AptX
Bass - The bass is not quite as droning as the AZ80 but heavier than the Svanar in LDAC or AAC. Its detail is close the Svanar in AAC mode but lacking compared to LDAC.
Midrange - I found the wind to lack the intensity shifts of the other TWS, it was more of just a shift in pitch rather than volume.
Sound Stage and imaging - The song lost a lot of its magic making it less immersive.

I was unhappy with the MTW3 in APTx so decided to see how they sounded in AAC
AAC
Bass - The bass is not quite as droning as the AZ80 but heavier than the Svanar in LDAC or AAC. Its detail is close the Svanar in AAC mode but lacking compared to LDAC.
Midrange - The wind and storm is more natural sounding with better details as the wind switches in pitch and intensity.
Sound Stage and imaging - The song becomes a bit more cohesive and encompassing.

Sep 2, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #35 of 61
got the savanar and it is definitley way better tuned than noble falcon pro

wonder if some are using an eq with savanar

i am using samsung s23 ultra and I noticed when I use tidal app and the album shows MAX that sometimes there is a bit of disconnect, while this does not happen if i use the uapp tidal

this is very strange, could it be that high res albums in tidal app are the problem, while in uapp which still does not support tidal high res MAX everything works fine

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2023 at 4:58 AM Post #37 of 61
@TeamHiFiMAN can someone respond to my emails? I've been trying to return my pair but have not been getting any response for days. This has never been an issue before...
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please kindly PM us your email address so we can look into what happened and reply to you asap.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Sep 18, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #38 of 61
Interesting and frustrating issue with the Svanar Wireless.

I have had the occasional issue with one side or the other stuttering when using LDAC is its default best effort mode. If the issue happens I know it's the issue because if set it 990 the side cutting out occasionally will become unusable. Normally it's a simple case of popping them in the case and the issue is resolved.

But I had it happen last night at bed time forcing me to just use something else (to tired and lights were already out 😀). Just tried this afternoon and the same darn issue!

So I played around with them more than usual and this seemed to resolve the issue. Take which ever bud is working and put that one back in the case. Wait until the stuttering buds starts to work. In my case it stabilized in 10 or so seconds. Then take out the other bud. For me this got everything back on track.

Has anyone experienced this? If so did you find a solution that worked for you? Has anyone else tried what I just mentioned?

Sep 18, 2023 at 7:11 PM Post #39 of 61
It's a real issue and I don't think it's isolated to any particular phone. Sometimes it works fine no problems, but more often then not I get the same issue with occasional dropout on one side. Very inconvenient and frustrating...

Sep 22, 2023 at 5:22 AM Post #40 of 61
For Android users, due to the complexity of the electromagnetic environment, the default LDAC high-resolution Bluetooth connection format may freeze or disconnect due to insufficient bandwidth. If this occurs, you can set the LDAC bandwidth to Balanced audio and connection quality (660kbps/606kbps) or Optimized for connection quality (330kbps/303kbps). Usually 660kbps/606kbps is stable enough. In this mode, the problem of lag/disconnection will be improved.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Sep 26, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #41 of 61
I’m wondering whether you hear your footsteps when walking having them on? By that I mean the thumping bone conduction sound you perceive via the bones and skull, not the actual footstep sound.

That’s an annoying issue that I have when using my wired IEMs or having them connected to something like UTWS5. I’m guessing though that the issue should remain as long as the seal is there. Would appreciate your reply.

Sep 26, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #42 of 61
I’m guessing though that the issue should remain as long as the seal is there.
ANY in-ear (IEM, TWS, etc.) that achieves a good seal, will cause this effect.

Sep 26, 2023 at 7:46 PM Post #43 of 61
I find that the deeper the seal the more a TWS/IEM is affacted by foot falls. In my case the Svanar are pretty shallow, so while the have a bit of foot noise it's on the low side.

Oct 7, 2023 at 6:46 PM Post #44 of 61
Hi guys.
Definitely Svanar Wireless is the best tws that I ever heard!

But I’ve a big issue, left earbud doesn’t charge and it’s totally power depleted.

I clean carefully and checked that pins are ok without any success. Left earbud still dead.
@TeamHiFiMAN can you help me please?

Attachments

• IMG_6571.jpeg
    IMG_6571.jpeg
    484.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6572.jpeg
    IMG_6572.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Oct 9, 2023 at 1:04 PM Post #45 of 61
For Android users, due to the complexity of the electromagnetic environment, the default LDAC high-resolution Bluetooth connection format may freeze or disconnect due to insufficient bandwidth. If this occurs, you can set the LDAC bandwidth to Balanced audio and connection quality (660kbps/606kbps) or Optimized for connection quality (330kbps/303kbps). Usually 660kbps/606kbps is stable enough. In this mode, the problem of lag/disconnection will be improved.
I've tried LDAC connection in the past with some other BT device, and it seems to happen when there is interferences with other signals. If the air is clean, then 990kbps doesn't break up much, if at all. If you are at the airport, there will be issues.

For LDAC, it's 990kbps or it's kinda useless because it's not as efficient as the other codecs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back