How are the New (Judes approved, apparently) V MODA V80s??
Aug 1, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #16 of 64

Quote:

V-MODA still makes the Crossfade LP, and that's definitely a bass-heavy headphone.  The M-80/V-80 has some bass emphasis, however milder, and mostly (to my ears) in the lower bass range--significantly more resolving/refined than the Crossfade LP I have here, and with minimal (if any) effect on the mids.  So, in a much more audiophile-friendly way than the Crossfade LP, the M-80/V-80 has some bass emphasis.

So, please tell me, how will the sound of the V-80/M-80 compare with the sound from the (I'll use the word "original" here, to appease the masses) VIBES?

Also, on a slightly different note, do you consider the Vibe Duo to be essentially the same thing as the (later generation) VIBE, but just with a mic and remote added to it? In other words, is the sound signature basically the same on them?

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #17 of 64

Quote:
I'd assume they sound the same as the Remixes.

They are slightly better than Remix but not quite as good as Vibrato in our line up.   We did a slight change in the small fitting to improve sound, as the fit is the sound, and very slightly enhanced the response curve.  It's a similar housing design but the Y-connector bullet and fabric cables are trick.

Cheers,

-V

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #18 of 64

Quote:

V-MODA still makes the Crossfade LP, and that's definitely a bass-heavy headphone.  The M-80/V-80 has some bass emphasis, however milder, and mostly (to my ears) in the lower bass range--significantly more resolving/refined than the Crossfade LP I have here, and with minimal (if any) effect on the mids.  So, in a much more audiophile-friendly way than the Crossfade LP, the M-80/V-80 has some bass emphasis.

I'll post more later but this is some of my goals with the difference in V-80, M-80 and LP:

Utilitarianism Tuning
We build products with a "greatest sound for the greatest amount of people" tuning methodology.  This heavily considers our target demographics of who will be using the products and what music and device they are using.    Ergonomics, user environment, mastering of songs and even age plays a VITAL role in this tuning.

Crossfade M-80/V-80 goals:
I built the sound of M-80/V-80 with Head-Fi users, music producers, young executives, road warriors and music lovers of a large variety of genres in mind.   It is meant to be VERY balanced as you can see from the curves on V-MODA vs a few of the other peers.   Our goal was nearly identical to what Jude said.  The other major goal was comfort and ergonomics, that is what took so long to tweak - it's very hard to develop an on-ear that is comfortable.  And the FIT IS THE SOUND, staging and how long you can wear them.   Clarity, multi-dimensional sound and extreme balance is Crossfade M-80/V-80's goals. 

Crossfade LP goals:

Our Crossfade LP has become a pro DJ headphone of choice in only a year - also due to its headband flex and durability.  It was focused more towards our house/dance/DJ/modern pop/hip-hop/rock music lovers in mind - those who want a club sound bass line with balanced mids/highs.  I feel we hit our marks with that goal.    Equipment amps, porting and environment changes sound drastically.  Trust me, using a headphone on stage in front of thousands of people at Pacha with monitors blasting in your ears changes the acoustics drastically.   It lowers the bass significantly, and many times you don't have a great fit so you need some extra thump just to be balanced.   The mids and highs of LP are in fact, very flat.   It has large 50mm Dual-Diaphragm drivers, so it does sound better with amps than a portable player, and it's cushions do need to be broken in a bit to open up in the high-bass/low-mids. 

Aug 22, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #19 of 64
How well do these isolate? Jude I'd love to hear your comparisons between these and the HD-25's also (not to mention the Aviators if you have the time). If these isolate about as well as the HD-25's, with bigger soundstage and good imaging, I might have to give these a go. Lovin' the way the V-80's look :p 

Aug 22, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #20 of 64
Quote:
How well do these isolate? Jude I'd love to hear your comparisons between these and the HD-25's also (not to mention the Aviators if you have the time). If these isolate about as well as the HD-25's, with bigger soundstage and good imaging, I might have to give these a go. Lovin' the way the V-80's look :p 

Isolation is essentially the same as the HD25s (with the leather) and slightly better than the Senns w/ the valour pads.  Everything else in your statement is about right.  There isn't quite as much harshness on the high end like there is on the Senns...which was a pleasant surprise.  As mentioned in the other M80 thread...these things are good.  Very good.

Aug 22, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #21 of 64

Quote:
Isolation is essentially the same as the HD25s (with the leather) and slightly better than the Senns w/ the valour pads.  Everything else in your statement is about right.  There isn't quite as much harshness on the high end like there is on the Senns...which was a pleasant surprise.  As mentioned in the other M80 thread...these things are good.  Very good.

lol totally just replied in the other thread to your impressions and then saw this. Sounds good, can't wait to hear them. 

Sep 1, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #22 of 64
I like the way the V-80's look. A little extra style without being too over the top. Quite tastefully done actually (nod nod wink wink). I'm looking for a can for travel so these seem to be worth a try considering the 60-day trial they offer.

Sep 1, 2011 at 9:13 AM Post #24 of 64

Quote:
Does the V-80 come without the True Blood branding as well? I like the basic design but would much prefer it without all the teen vampire stuff. 

Get the M80s.  They are the same without the Vampire stuff.

Sep 3, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #28 of 64

Quote:
These look pretty durable as well. I'm not sure whether to get these or the TMA-1.

If durability is a concern, then the M80s won't disappoint.  They are built like tanks, but they are surprisingly small and light.  I was shocked at how light they are with all of the metal construction.

Sep 3, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #29 of 64

Quote:

If durability is a concern, then the M80s won't disappoint.  They are built like tanks, but they are surprisingly small and light.  I was shocked at how light they are with all of the metal construction.

Cool, thanks. I'm still leaning towards the TMA-1 just based on looks though. I've bid on an M-80 on eBay, but if I don't get it I guess I'll wait for more reviews before deciding if I should buy them at full price.

Sep 10, 2011 at 9:03 AM Post #30 of 64
How will these compare to my much loved M50's?

What exactly does the dual diaphragm do for the sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back