iFi audio Pro iDSD Signature and Pro iCAN Signature - The Pro range just got better!
Sep 24, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #16 of 852
Amazing stuff!

Sep 25, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #22 of 852
As I've said in another topic I can understand some like the new goldish design, but for me (and I guess for a lot people who value Europe design and simplicity) both Signatures looks simply ugly. Hope they both sound a lot - and I really mean a lot - better that the predecessors. Keep in mind that this statement comes from Pro iCan, iTube2 and iCan SE owner.

I would rather expect some black or space grey for Signature editions for the flagship dac and amp.

Sep 25, 2021 at 9:14 AM Post #23 of 852
As I've said in another topic I can understand some like the new goldish design, but for me (and I guess for a lot people who value Europe design and simplicity) both Signatures looks simply ugly. Hope they both sound a lot - and I really mean a lot - better that the predecessors. Keep in mind that this statement comes from Pro iCan, iTube2 and iCan SE owner.

I would rather expect some black or space grey for Signature editions for the flagship dac and amp.

ifi seems to have made it for a Nigerian or Saudi Prince so he can listen iDSD on his golden throne. I'd always prefer in space grey or black so that it would blend with everything else on my desk.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #24 of 852
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ as a you bought it was made obsolete. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Although I'm not expecting a crazy difference in performance between my OG and the Signature stack, if anything, I'm keen on upgrading just the newer iCAN in the future.

Sep 25, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #26 of 852
iFi began with products which had a clear brand identity. Similar looking silver boxes, in 'micro' and 'nano' sizes.

Then we got 'Black Label' editions, slightly annoying to have a different colour if you want to build a system of these things, but at least there was a rationality to it.

Now it's as if there is no rhyme or reason to the appearance of their products at all. The colour could be black, silver, blue, red, or even teal. New shapes pop up for no obvious reason. Some lines like the xDSD/xCAN have a forward looking esthetic, but the 'Pro' line is retro.

Are they actually paying somebody to 'design' this stuff. Sack him.

Sep 25, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #28 of 852
Most companies these days offer a colour option so the consumer can choose. This is quite commonplace for Amps and Dacs. For example you can buy Chord Dave in black or silver. Whilst im not crazy about the gold accents IMHO I do think they would look more aesthetically pleasing against a black casing. My Sony TA-ZH1ES (Signature range) is black with gold accents around the jacks and that looks extremely premium.

iFi Pro IDSD Signature option in black please

Sep 25, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #30 of 852
iFi began with products which had a clear brand identity. Similar looking silver boxes, in 'micro' and 'nano' sizes.

Then we got 'Black Label' editions, slightly annoying to have a different colour if you want to build a system of these things, but at least there was a rationality to it.

Now it's as if there is no rhyme or reason to the appearance of their products at all. The colour could be black, silver, blue, red, or even teal. New shapes pop up for no obvious reason. Some lines like the xDSD/xCAN have a forward looking esthetic, but the 'Pro' line is retro.

Are they actually paying somebody to 'design' this stuff. Sack him.
I'd like to avoid rushing onto the "color hate" bandwagon.. but, yeah, the combination of silver and gold is both tacky and somewhat ostentatious.

I'm sure it'll sound like a fantastic device - and that is probably the most important factor - still, it would've been nice if iFi offered a few color options. Black is certainly a fan favorite; in fact, black with gold accents is probably the best color combo. Otherwise, you could have aped the Zen Signature line - black and blue is an equally eye-catching duo.

Anyway, good job, @iFi audio! I hope to audition these units soon! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back