iPod Classic Firmware 1.1 WARNING
Feb 4, 2008 at 2:53 PM Post #109 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by smallmouth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think that was in reference to the problems with the movie rental stuff and 5G iPods. I would imagine the next update will fix DC issue.

Yeah, you may be right. I Can't see Apple sweeping the DC issue under the rug.

Feb 5, 2008 at 2:02 AM Post #112 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by riker1384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What did they upgrade in version 1.1; what do I lose by going back?

AFAIK, you lose the ability to view rented movies on your ipod

not such a big deal as far as I'm concerned. never really liked watching movies on-the-go

Feb 6, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #113 of 147
This sucks, my HD3 is dying and I really really need a new mp3 player. I'm so desperate I would have gotten this one, but I guess I'll have to wait till they fix it or till Sony releases new players.

Feb 6, 2008 at 12:41 PM Post #115 of 147
They also made the playlists work properly - if you had nested playlists they took abysmally long to load whether you clicked in or out of a list. Now its no longer a minute to view the contents of a list.

Feb 6, 2008 at 10:45 PM Post #116 of 147
Hi guys,

Can any UK Mac users email me the iPod classic 1.0.3 firmware files, please?

They should reside in the /User/Library/iTunes/iPod Software Updates folder, and are two files named:

iPod_24.1.0.3.ipsw.signature
iPod_24.1.0.3.ipsw

The signature file is 4kb in size, the main file around 50+MB in size.

Contact me via PM first, please, in case I get inundated with requests.

Thanks guys.

Feb 6, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #117 of 147
There is a 1.1.1 update right now, will update and hope this fixes the hiss and the random pauses/gaps.

Edit:
I got 4 pauses with just 8 songs played. So I report that the random pause/gap has not been fixed at all. Maybe they fixed the hiss bug that did get media coverage.

Edit 2:
Another user reports in the official apple boards he has no hiss, I hope that it is so.

Feb 7, 2008 at 11:42 AM Post #118 of 147
I went through the whole thread, though the question was raised once or twice, I could not find a good/detailed answer to it:
What about the LOD (line out)? Is the equipment attached to the LOD "in danger"?
I have connected a preamp to the LOD. The preamps volume knob is at 11 o clock position. Attached to preamp are quite expensive active studio monitors. After turning off the ipod, the hiss was easily to hear, though by no means as loud as the music ...
Can some knowledgable person (maybe Clutz) calm me down
eek.gif

Feb 7, 2008 at 3:06 PM Post #119 of 147
The DC offset/hiss is gone thank G-d but I'm still getting the random pauses as well.

Feb 7, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #120 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by townes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I went through the whole thread, though the question was raised once or twice, I could not find a good/detailed answer to it:
What about the LOD (line out)? Is the equipment attached to the LOD "in danger"?
I have connected a preamp to the LOD. The preamps volume knob is at 11 o clock position. Attached to preamp are quite expensive active studio monitors. After turning off the ipod, the hiss was easily to hear, though by no means as loud as the music ...
Can some knowledgable person (maybe Clutz) calm me down
eek.gif

Yes, there is DC offset produced by the line out dock. In fact, that is what was first noticed by the OP. If your speakers sound okay then everything is probably okay with them though. There isn't any point in stressing out over it though. What is done, is done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back