LUMIN - The Audiophile Network Music Player
Apr 19, 2024 at 3:13 AM Post #436 of 442
Unfortunately Lumin is still missing HQPlayer / NAA support which many other streamers support. Would go with that way as you got more flexibility and more tuning options to get a better overall performance.

Really sad though to see Lumin supporting Roon RAAT but somehow not willing to support HQPlayer even though it’s much requested.
For the price it's a pity that Lumin does not have a HQPlayer support. I do not use HQPlayer as I am an Audirvana guy myself.

Apr 19, 2024 at 5:31 PM Post #437 of 442
Unfortunately Lumin is still missing HQPlayer / NAA support which many other streamers support. Would go with that way as you got more flexibility and more tuning options to get a better overall performance.

Really sad though to see Lumin supporting Roon RAAT but somehow not willing to support HQPlayer even though it’s much requested.
You are starting to sound like a broken record, you know.

May 19, 2024 at 6:39 AM Post #439 of 442
greetings

I have the holo spring 3 kte and use the holo red as streamer

would getting a lumin be an upgrade to holo red and which lumin is advised to get knowing I have the spring 3

May 19, 2024 at 6:49 AM Post #440 of 442
greetings

would getting a lumin be an upgrade to holo red and which lumin is advised to get knowing I have the spring 3
Assuming you would want to keep the Spring 3, perhaps you can get the U2 and use its fiber optic connection. Never heard the U2 though, but based on my experience with P1, the fiber optic connection sounds incredibly good. Perhaps others who own a U2 can also chime in.

May 19, 2024 at 6:58 AM Post #441 of 442
greetings

Holo Red is a very good streamer already. IMO if you want a meaningful upgrade, going to a Lumin U1 mini or a newer Lumin U2 mini will give you only a minor sound quality upgrade. Bigger and more notieable step would be the full size Lumin U2. I on the other hand would not go with Lumin U2 and chose either a Sonore optical Rendu Deluxe (combined with Sonore optical module) and because of the superb galvanic isolation and other Sonore hi-tech solutions you are light years ahead from the Lumin mini series nearly equal to the Lumin U2 or a Sonore Signature Rendu SE Deluxe which is reportedly sound vise even better than the Lumin U2 unit. Not speaking of functionality as Sonore supports lot of streaming protocols including HQPlayer which Lumin doesn't. That said Lumin U2 is a great piece of gear with a breathtaking build quality.

Last edited:
May 19, 2024 at 10:40 AM Post #442 of 442
Holo Red is a very good streamer already. IMO if you want a meaningful upgrade, going to a Lumin U1 mini or a newer Lumin U2 mini will give you only a minor sound quality upgrade. Bigger and more notieable step would be the full size Lumin U2. I on the other hand would not go with Lumin U2 and chose either a Sonore optical Rendu Deluxe (combined with Sonore optical module) and because of the superb galvanic isolation and other Sonore hi-tech solutions you are light years ahead from the Lumin mini series nearly equal to the Lumin U2 or a Sonore Signature Rendu SE Deluxe which is reportedly sound vise even better than the Lumin U2 unit. Not speaking of functionality as Sonore supports lot of streaming protocols including HQPlayer which Lumin doesn't. That said Lumin U2 is a great piece of gear with a breathtaking build quality.
looks interesting, but how would such a small device compete with a full blown streamer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back