LZ A6/A6 mini discussion and review thread
Nov 25, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #61 of 687
So... The day I was tellin you all about the problem with mine, I’d decided I would buy another pair cause I thought they were such an underrated headphone

just got (now a 2 pin version) been playin on the 4.4 exit of the r6pro, right headphone already suffered from the symptom I had with the other pair... I can’t effin believe it, 2 pairs! 2 pairs with the same crappy situation, seriously? I already contacted the seller before it happens like the last time, funnily this ones have a glossy finish on the top

If anyone is suffering the same symptoms I would appreciate some feedback, the problem is that after a bit of playing, either one or both of the headphones start dying, like lowering the volume, if you leave them to rest, they come back and work flawlessly for a bit, then again, I want to think that it’s the impedance I’m feeding them from
The 4.4 or something, cause this is just ridiculous
DE266712-D7D3-4A10-BD07-6D05B4C410BA.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #62 of 687
So... The day I was tellin you all about the problem with mine, I’d decided I would buy another pair cause I thought they were such an underrated headphone

just got (now a 2 pin version) been playin on the 4.4 exit of the r6pro, right headphone already suffered from the symptom I had with the other pair... I can’t effin believe it, 2 pairs! 2 pairs with the same crappy situation, seriously? I already contacted the seller before it happens like the last time, funnily this ones have a glossy finish on the top

If anyone is suffering the same symptoms I would appreciate some feedback, the problem is that after a bit of playing, either one or both of the headphones start dying, like lowering the volume, if you leave them to rest, they come back and work flawlessly for a bit, then again, I want to think that it’s the impedance I’m feeding them from
That is very strange. I've fed mine multiple sources, and have ran them single ended and balanced. I've also had up to 10 hour travel listening sessions and I've never had a single solitary issue. I believe you're almost had to be source related since it's happened to multiple pairs now. I hope someone else can chime in with an explanation that makes some kind of sense.

Nov 25, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #63 of 687
That is very strange. I've fed mine multiple sources, and have ran them single ended and balanced. I've also had up to 10 hour travel listening sessions and I've never had a single solitary issue. I believe you're almost had to be source related since it's happened to multiple pairs now. I hope someone else can chime in with an explanation that makes some kind of sense.
I use many other iems with the same cables, none give me a problem ever, quite sad about this truly

Nov 26, 2019 at 2:24 AM Post #64 of 687

Fwiw I remember several people having this issue (or similar) with both the A4 and A5. The issue there was mister building up in the filters and naturally this goes away after not using them for a while. A easy way to test this would be to change the filters next time this happens and see if they work properly after doing that.

Nov 26, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #65 of 687

Hmm sounds like you got the same problem as some have with the shuoer tape

Nov 26, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #68 of 687
I would like to know about your preferred filters, too.

Also, what tips do you like with A6?

Do you prefer LOUD ON or OFF? Do you change it depending on music / listening circumstances?
red filter with a little piece of cotton inside the filter (not thick, barely packed so it works as a damper and let all the other frequencies go, seriously, dont pack it, and it must not be able to go into the drivers, in any case, air is pushed through the bore hole but still, i was careful and it stayed in place at all times)

final e tips or spinfit cp100's though i have a bunch of tips and found the red center trn to be amazing, i just got them yesterday, spiral dot's make em a bit harsh

I did this once i picked them up after giving up with the problem i have with em and leave em a side, i gave them a try and did something similar with the imr r1z, sibilance is gone with this and the bass is astonishing

Fwiw I remember several people having this issue (or similar) with both the A4 and A5. The issue there was mister building up in the filters and naturally this goes away after not using them for a while. A easy way to test this would be to change the filters next time this happens and see if they work properly after doing that.

will try this, i was wondering if it is heat oriented, or something since it needs to wait for a lapse of time before i can use em again.i emailed lz audio and they actually replied asking me for my info, i will see if they contact me back, though they asked me to talk with the vendor before.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #70 of 687
I would like to know about your preferred filters, too.

Also, what tips do you like with A6?

Do you prefer LOUD ON or OFF? Do you change it depending on music / listening circumstances?

I do also prefer the silver filters. Loudness buttons are pushed in on my pair most of the time, with some sources that hiss with the A6 I use them with loudness buttons out. Right now I'm using them with some double flange tips that I believe comes from Brainwavz.

Nov 26, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #71 of 687
Good call Peter. I do remember people saying about that in the A4 thread at times. Have you ever had any issues with your A4, 5 or 6's?

Nov 26, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #72 of 687
Hi, i'm curious about which filter do you guys use for the A6. I'm using the silver filters right now because i feel other filters from group A and B to be borderline sibilant.
I use the black filter, with Final type E tips. They're manufactured to amplify the bass and reduce treble peaks. For me, they're the PERFECT tips for the A6. I can't use any of the included tips because I struggle to get a good seal, and as a result get unwanted sibilance and lack of bass with any of them. I really wish they had included some quality tips out of the box, because these are night and day different with quality tips.

Nov 26, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #74 of 687
Good call Peter. I do remember people saying about that in the A4 thread at times. Have you ever had any issues with your A4, 5 or 6's?

I had it once on my A5 but it was in Spain iirc. It has never happened to me with either of them here in Norway.

Nov 26, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #75 of 687
I use the black filter, with Final type E tips. They're manufactured to amplify the bass and reduce treble peaks. For me, they're the PERFECT tips for the A6. I can't use any of the included tips because I struggle to get a good seal, and as a result get unwanted sibilance and lack of bass with any of them. I really wish they had included some quality tips out of the box, because these are night and day different with quality tips.

Yeah, I used those tips for a long time with my A6 as well. Need to try them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back