Meze 11 Neo Impressions
Nov 30, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #78 of 98
I've seen a comment claiming that these are better than the Rha 750s. I find that to be a bold claim. Does anyone with these neos also have the 750s to compare?

If not, I might have to.

Nov 30, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #79 of 98
I've seen a comment claiming that these are better than the Rha 750s. I find that to be a bold claim. Does anyone with these neos also have the 750s to compare?

If not, I might have to.

I'd certainly take that claim with a grain of salt. While I do find the tuning of the 11 Neo to be easier on the ears at first, the MA750i is far superior in terms of technical ability. It is also much more robust it terms of driver housing durability.

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #82 of 98
Hey folks, apologies for not chiming in with my impressions lately. Switched jobs recently and instead of being a night-owl I now walk amongst the living and adjusting to a 12-hour time shift has been rough. Now that I am relatively caught up with life, thought I'd throw some impressions your way.

The first thing I would like to mention is in regards to the "High-Res Sound" badging on the box. In my opinion this says a lot about how the 11 Neo (and 12 Classics) perform. While the 11 Neo offer great sound that is smooth yet detailed, I find that they along with the 12 Classics are the Sennheiser HD 558 and HD 598 of IEMs; The epitome of crap in crap out! When listening to modern, low DR-high compression music I find the 11 Neo to perform admirably, offering great overall sound but nothing too special. I would rank them as a solid performer at their price point. However, once you switch over to literally any recording that is considered well mastered, not even high-res, the 11 Neo really show their ability!  And that is just with my iPod. Moving up to the iCAN micro SE/iDAC micro I could definitely hear the difference in equipment. Having owned quite a few IEMs over the years ranging from $50-$200 CND, I can safely say that not all of them behave this way. In other words, they did not scale well when moving up the audiophile chain, whether it be the recording or the equipment. I am looking at you BOSE... While detailed, just not super ultra detailed, I would consider the 11 Neo as " an entry into the audiophile sound " IEM that do hit above their price point, given the right source.

Anywho, that is all I am going to say for now. There are a few of you out there that know I can ramble on, so I will leave the rest for the actual review.

beerchug.gif

Dec 23, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #85 of 98
Are they good for classical music?

Both are wonderful for classical music. The 99 classics are some of the most musical and relaxing headphones I've ever heard. They play really well with classical especially mid- upper bass heavy instruments like cellos or saxophones

Dec 23, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #87 of 98
Dec 23, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #88 of 98
Nice bro, I played the trumpet but always regretted not learning the sax instead.

Ooh, brass vs woodwind face-off :evil:

Actually my first gf played French Horn, and my wife plays trombone. I guess opposites do attract :wink:

Sorry I can contribute to the discussion about whether these sound good with classical. I don't listen to much of that. They do sound pretty darn good with jazz, though!

Dec 23, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #89 of 98
Closer to jazz I guess but this is one of the songs I review with. And they resonate sublimely with the Meze line

https://youtu.be/YtQZlTUUfBc

YtQZlTUUfBc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back