Meze 11 Neo Impressions
Nov 1, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #61 of 98
i think you have tried fiio ex1 too. How does meze 13 compare to them?

I haven't heard EX1 for quite some time. It has quite the unique presentation, though due to being semi-open. Quite different from 12 Classics, which have a more conventional presentation. Perhaps someone who has EX1 or Titan 1 will chime in with a better comparison...

Nov 11, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #63 of 98
For those interested, here's a link to my review of the 11 Neo as well as a link to my YouTube unboxing and review (short to follow) if you'd like to view them yourselves. 

Nov 11, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #64 of 98
  For those interested, here's a link to my review of the 11 Neo as well as a link to my YouTube unboxing and review (short to follow) if you'd like to view them yourselves. 

Damn, you guys are all so fast!

I'm just getting ready to review these and 12 Classics. I'll provide my take on them before checking out your review. I bet we'll be pretty close, though 
wink_face.gif

Nov 11, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #65 of 98
My Meze Neo 11 review from the other month

http://www.head-fi.org/products/meze-11-neo/reviews/17059

If you have these and a darker model (12s? I havent tried them yet) it could be a good set for the budget minded.

0b3d05dcf0cd96f6137803cadb463882.jpg

They are really stunning for the price.

Nov 11, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #66 of 98
My Meze Neo 11 review from the other month

http://www.head-fi.org/products/meze-11-neo/reviews/17059

If you have these and a darker model (12s? I havent tried them yet) it could be a good set for the budget minded.

They are really stunning for the price.

You mean the wood model, the 12 Classics? If so, then yes, they really are complementary and would be a good pairing of IEM for the budget minded. 11 Neo is warmer and smoother, whereas as 12 Classics retain most of the warmth but are crisper and more energetic. Both respond very well to tip rolling, so even with one or the other you can really tweak the sound signature quite a bit. Nice IEM, and another top-notch showing for Meze in the target price bracket!

In fact, I'm giving 12 Classics a listen with LPG right now and damn do they scale well!!!

Nov 11, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #68 of 98
Ooh you have them?

I am jealous
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, I got the 12 Classics as part of he North American tour and the 11 Neo separately. Both are good and have their own place as far as sound signature goes. I do have some suggestion for improvement that are common to both which I've already relayed to Meze and will cover those in my review, but none of those are show stoppers and most can be overcome very easily by the end user. Again, these are very good at the price point and will get a strong recommendation from me.

Do you have LPG, expat? If so, have you listen to 11 Neo through them? I haven't yet - just the 12 Classics (been focusing on them because I have to get them out the door soon). Dayum, the dynamics, soundstage, and bass punch are absolutely fantabulous for the price!

Nov 18, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #69 of 98
The Mezes' have arrived. THE MEZES' HAVE ARRIVED!

First impressions on the 12 Classics and Neo 11: FANTASTIC! Still burning them in with pink-noise, but colour me impressed! My only 2 gripes thus far are 1) The control talk is on the right side, just like my Polks. Not a biggie but somewhat annoying, and 2) No triple flange tips. Again, not a biggie because I have a few laying around. 
Tip rolling is interesting. I find the standard shaped "bud" style Comply tips (comfort series) work great albeit a pain to squeeze on (probably 400 series, the 12's use 500) but hey, they came with my Polk so can't fault Meze for this. I will probably order a pair of 500 comforts as they both seal great and really enhance the sound. Might grab some spiral dots or hybrids as well.

Anyway, I will report back when pink noise does it's thing!

beerchug.gif

Nov 21, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #70 of 98
I just received 11 NEO, for which I want to thank Meze.

Build quality and comfort are simply gorgeous! Fits really nice with the stock tips (have not played around with other) and isolates well.

The sound is very good too, quite neutral with AP100 which is my main source. Bass is well-defined and bodily, although not emphasized. Mids are clear and detailed, but not fatiguing. Treble is also well-defined, it's not rolled off and its quantity is a bit more than I'm used to (with darker MA900 and Shozy Zero), but nor it is harsh or sibilant.

From first impressions, Meze 11 is some kind of opposite (more light and transparent) to a darker and more 'analog'-like Shozy Zero. So it's really great to have both in my collection!

Hope to come with a more detailed review soon.  

Nov 22, 2016 at 1:53 AM Post #71 of 98
Just posted my review of the Meze 11 Neo, in short, one of the best earphones I've heard under $100. Nicely balanced, slightly warmer than neutral with a polite high end (perhaps overly so?). I just wish the housings were a little smaller, I have some comfort issues, though I'm sure a lot of people will have no issue. Anyway, please have a read, I hope my review will help some people out, I made comparisons to the Meze 12 Classics and Shozy Zero which I believe will be close competitors. 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/meze-11-neo/reviews/17375 

Nov 25, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #73 of 98
Z Reviews just did a shootout between 6 IEMs. Spoiler, the 11 Neo won!

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back