Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
May 20, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #2,881 of 4,841
Quote:
The EX1000 is just different.  The PP6 and SA-43 are as spacious, but the EX1000 reminds me of headphones due to the across the head soundstage coherence, which isn't as good as CIEMs.  Also, with your last statement of the EX1000 being too harsh, that makes me want to steer you to the Rooth product lineup which is smoother and more liquid than the Hidition products. 

I just think EX1000 has a very bright treble but not quite refined. It won't bother me if NT6Pro has a very bright treble. But it will annoy me , if NT6Pro sounds unrefined.
EX1000's harshness is also due to its thin midrange. Imagining of EX1000's midrange also isn't good enough. I guess NT6Pro's midrange and treble won't be worse than those of EX1000.

May 20, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #2,883 of 4,841
Quote:
Thanks for sharing.  Some of the products look very nice, and 4 driver CIEMs can perform quite well!

It is different to any other 4 BA CIEM out there. Instead of it having any crossovers. It has 4 (of what i believe to be the same driver) all doing full range.

May 20, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #2,884 of 4,841
average_joe, I'm not sure if you've read the headstage arrow thread, but apparently the 4g's output impedance is 3-5ohms. It is pretty high for CIEMs, did you experience any significant changes in sound signatures when using the 4g? Curious as it didn't seem like you didn't have a problem with the UE IERMs and arrow 4g.

May 21, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #2,886 of 4,841
Quote:
I thought BA doesn't to a good job at full range and that's why crossovers existed. Interesting though.

Sterotyping is all that is to an extent, FAD do amazing full range with single BAs as do MYST. I think a good single BA can be amazing and Canal Works concept here as me intrigued to say the least.

May 21, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #2,887 of 4,841
The FAD SS doesn't cover the full range 20-20kz that well. The most extended single BA is the PFEs but ill say its still lacking a bit of range. Two BAs are just fine though

May 21, 2013 at 6:06 AM Post #2,889 of 4,841
Heaven VI doesn't have more reach than SS, FAD seems to be using the same driver with tweaks, response is smoother than the old Heaven line but range isn't changed

May 21, 2013 at 6:20 AM Post #2,890 of 4,841
Quote:
Heaven VI doesn't have more reach than SS, FAD seems to be using the same driver with tweaks, response is smoother than the old Heaven line but range isn't changed

(1) Did Rin receive any of the new Heaven line for testing? If not, then you don't know that for sure, and that's pure speculation on your part. You're the one always stressing the importance of quantitative data, you should know better than to make a statement like that.

(2) I would've assumed that Rin taught you better and let you know that the driver choice isn't the sole deciding factor of the absolute bandwidth performance of an earphone, and often has a lot more to do with the length, volume, and specific resonances of the acoustic path taken by the sound from the spout of the driver to the eardrum.

(3) I'm pretty sure this line of conversation has nothing to do with custom-molded IEMs, and is off-topic.

May 21, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #2,891 of 4,841
If you place single full range driver into IEC711 coupler then it will cover 10Hz to 16kHz with ease. Another thing is how it is tuned. You can tune a woofer out of full range if you like or super-tweeter.
There are dynamics that can't cover whole spectrum and sound good or cover whole range but don't sound good (of course there are some exceptions) as well.

May 21, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #2,893 of 4,841
(1) Did Rin receive any of the new Heaven line for testing? If not, then you don't know that for sure, and that's pure speculation on your part. You're the one always stressing the importance of quantitative data, you should know better than to make a statement like that.

(2) I would've assumed that Rin taught you better and let you know that the driver choice isn't the sole deciding factor of the absolute bandwidth performance of an earphone, and often has a lot more to do with the length, volume, and specific resonances of the acoustic path taken by the sound from the spout of the driver to the eardrum.

(3) I'm pretty sure this line of conversation has nothing to do with custom-molded IEMs, and is off-topic.

I know the two points made very well and I'm not going to bother with the questionnaire, ill just say the data is out there, bandwidth is exactly the same...driver is the main factor deciding bandwidth, you work with their limits

May 21, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #2,894 of 4,841
Indeed, it is 4 full range drivers without any crossovers. Their shells are really pretty!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back