Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
May 23, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #2,912 of 4,841
wow thanks joe~ awesome stuff! but I didn't know you have the ps5. :)

May 23, 2013 at 6:19 AM Post #2,913 of 4,841
Quote:

FINALLY! 
biggrin.gif

May 23, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #2,915 of 4,841
Quote:
The Alclair Reference Master name has been changed to the Reference, and the RSM is an improvement in every way.  Of course, the UE PRM is a big step up from the RSM, if that is the reference you are talking about, but the IERM is another story.  My RSM has gone back to Alclair as Marc improved the tweeter, so I will get the newer version in the near future. You can see how things stack up purely from a technical perspective here.

If you look at my manufacturers list, one US company I think you may want to consider is Dream Earz, but the sound signature may be too bass oriented for your taste.

No, quote dated 20/4

But Joe is a unobtrusive guy...

May 25, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #2,919 of 4,841
Quote:

No, thank YOU.

I've been sharing the link on Facebook and by email, and someone mentioned to me that he'd have liked to see a "customer service" and/or "ease of order" column too. Just passing along the suggestion. :xf_eek:)

Thanks for sharing and the feedback.  I didn't include that (but have started trying to include the ordering procedure in the reviews) because it is different for many people and even different times depending on how busy a company is.  Is a CIEM ever really easy to order?  But I will take these suggestions to heart and see if I can come up with something.

May 25, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #2,920 of 4,841
Quote:

Thanks for sharing and the feedback.  I didn't include that (but have started trying to include the ordering procedure in the reviews) because it is different for many people and even different times depending on how busy a company is.  Is a CIEM ever really easy to order?  But I will take these suggestions to heart and see if I can come up with something.

I totally agree - there's no way you can keep track of their service because it's fluid. Unique Melody had excellent service until the group buy a while back, where some distributors had poor communication, and all orders got backed up by many weeks. After that fiasco, things went back to normal and service seems good again. I've heard back and forth about JH Audio, Frogbeats, and a bunch of others from time to time. How would Joe possibly be able to track all that info? 

All you can really do is post your particular experience. But as a reviewer, it's not necessarily the same as what an average customer will receive. So even that is difficult. Best to focus on sound.

May 25, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #2,921 of 4,841
Project86 makes sense here; the customer service experience can be as individual as the shape of the CIEM.

Where I hesitate and have a problem is dealing with a company for whom English is a second (or not really an option) language.  CIEMs can be complicated (especially if there are fit issues) and I need to know that meaningful, clear communication is possible.  This is why I can't bring myself to seriously consider a company like Hindition; their site scares me off.

I wouldn't mind a numerical score for 'ease of communication in English'.

May 25, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #2,922 of 4,841
Quote:
Project86 makes sense here; the customer service experience can be as individual as the shape of the CIEM.

Where I hesitate and have a problem is dealing with a company for whom English is a second (or not really an option) language.  CIEMs can be complicated (especially if there are fit issues) and I need to know that meaningful, clear communication is possible.  This is why I can't bring myself to seriously consider a company like Hindition; their site scares me off.

I wouldn't mind a numerical score for 'ease of communication in English'.

I agree with you, I was interested in that company too especially after reading 'Wonderful Joe's reviews, but I just got scared, even in English language option there were not many things in English. Also as you mentioned, in case of fit problems which can happen quite often in ciem world, the communication must be excellent for getting the perfect fit. I hope they will go world wide (like UM or JHA) and have distributors in every region. It will help to both sides, to them and to customers.

May 26, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #2,924 of 4,841
Quote:
Oh! NT6PRO has a 45 ohms impedance. 
Maybe it will work well with AK100?

Probably not, if you want to hear what manufacturer intended. While it's nominal impedance is 45 ohms, it will vary drastically as it has 5-way crossover. For example, NT6's nominal impedance is 27 ohms, but its impedance characteristics vary from 7 ohms to 45 ohms through 20Hz to 20kHz.

Not saying AK100 is a bad source, and it is possible you could prefer it with AK100.

May 26, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #2,925 of 4,841
Quote:

Probably not, if you want to hear what manufacturer intended. While it's nominal impedance is 45 ohms, it will vary drastically as it has 5-way crossover. For example, NT6's nominal impedance is 27 ohms, but its impedance characteristics vary from 7 ohms to 45 ohms through 20Hz to 20kHz.

Not saying AK100 is a bad source, and it is possible you could prefer it with AK100.

Get it.
AK100 is a very "extraordinary" cource. Everything can happen on it. 
But i prefer AK120, which only has 3 ohms (not sure). When the price goes down a bit, i will think about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back