New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jan 3, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #2,327 of 8,377
Mimouille. I know it's correct cause I copied and pasted it lol. If you are in USA NYC . I'm around . Beer is Guinness
And scotch is Blue.

Al

Jan 3, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #2,328 of 8,377
Beer is Guinness

You know, it's funny - the Irish swear that international Guinness tastes nothing like true native Irish Guinness.

In America, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they lace the Guinness with high-fructose corn syrup or Aspartame!
tongue.gif

I hope you're (all) keeping a positive mind about the cable issue on the Roxannes - I'm sure JHA will sort this issue appropriately, in due course.
In the meantime, I hope they sound as good as you hoped.

Jan 3, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #2,330 of 8,377
  So JH would be shipping the ongoing orders with the current cables? or will they halt the shipping until the problem is solved?
If so, I gotta make sure I don't over-tighten them.

Only way to know for sure is for someone to email them and ask...

Jan 3, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #2,333 of 8,377
NOT due to JH's nut problem.. Not at all. That's is just a minor issue as I see it. But I read elsewhere that JH recomended aftermarket cables. Very honest
beerchug.gif
. Knowing your limits is a good thing. But how come iem makers are not supplying top quality cables with their premium products? It seem that there is no difference in the cable quality accros a product range from any iem maker. 

Jan 3, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #2,335 of 8,377
one quibble i have though is that connector.. he should have opted for a flat connecter something like that new ipone lightening connector (i know its modified usb, thats not what im alluding to so muc as the shape) but 4 contacts two on each side would have made the profile for the cable much smaller, and engineering a locking mechanism wouldnt be too difficult. just recess the female portion on the CIEM and use a plastic clip (think phone/lan cable but smaller) a circular and protruding connector seems as if it was an after thought.. i dunno its just out of place for me.

I posted this three weeks ago... the connector is an afterthought, it needed to be engineered with excellence in mind, its clear from the circular connector choice that it wasnt. I highly doubt that JHA manufactures the connectors, they would however order them from someone who does (staging themselves as middle men for cable manufacturers to control the product so to speak), this was probably the smallest option available to them after some research. personally.. it should be recessed flat/rectangular with a sprung latch..

Jan 3, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #2,338 of 8,377
  NOT due to JH's nut problem.. Not at all. That's is just a minor issue as I see it. But I read elsewhere that JH recomended aftermarket cables. Very honest
beerchug.gif
. Knowing your limits is a good thing. But how come iem makers are not supplying top quality cables with their premium products? It seem that there is no difference in the cable quality accros a product range from any iem maker. 

I'm sorry but this is just not acceptable in any case scenario. I don't care if it's a display of honesty or what not. You don't buy a Mercedes expecting to have to replace the tires to be able to drive it. These products do not cost anywhere near $1600 to manufacture. 80% of what you're paying is R&D cost. A problem like this is obviously oversight during R&D, so clearly we're paying for nothing. I'll reserve further judgment for when my pair arrives, whether or not it comes with the new cable, and how quickly JHA resolves the situation for me and everyone else (and that means sending a proper cable that doesn't disintegrate, not just a replacement). If my expectation are not met, you can be assured that I will not be a JHA customer in the future.

Jan 3, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #2,339 of 8,377
True. One could say that the cable is 50% of the product. If not soundwise , then 'visualwise'.
It just seem strange that so little energy are put in to the cable. I had the mercedes compairsion as well.  
Again, JH audios cables are not better or worse than other high (low) quality iem makers.     I guess ? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back