New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jan 3, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #2,341 of 8,377
I'm sorry but this is just not acceptable in any case scenario. I don't care if it's a display of honesty or what not. You don't buy a Mercedes expecting to have to replace the tires to be able to drive it. These products do not cost anywhere near $1600 to manufacture. 80% of what you're paying is R&D cost. A problem like this is obviously oversight during R&D, so clearly we're paying for nothing. I'll reserve further judgment for when my pair arrives, whether or not it comes with the new cable, and how quickly JHA resolves the situation for me and everyone else (and that means sending a proper cable that doesn't disintegrate, not just a replacement). If my expectation are not met, you can be assured that I will not be a JHA customer in the future.

That seems reasonable.

Jan 3, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #2,343 of 8,377

I'm sorry but this is just not acceptable in any case scenario. I don't care if it's a display of honesty or what not. You don't buy a Mercedes expecting to have to replace the tires to be able to drive it. These products do not cost anywhere near $1600 to manufacture. 80% of what you're paying is R&D cost. A problem like this is obviously oversight during R&D, so clearly we're paying for nothing. I'll reserve further judgment for when my pair arrives, whether or not it comes with the new cable, and how quickly JHA resolves the situation for me and everyone else (and that means sending a proper cable that doesn't disintegrate, not just a replacement). If my expectation are not met, you can be assured that I will not be a JHA customer in the future.

+1, exactly what I tried to say a few pages back.

Jan 3, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #2,345 of 8,377
I am not sure Jerry would be happy having people talking about his nut problem.

The question of the moment is:  Is he even aware he has a nut problem? :)

Jan 3, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #2,349 of 8,377
I've been emailing Corbyn and they are asking me to send my Roxannes back, apparently it is a cable thing and its supposed to break if the thing is overtightened, only problem is it only takes a bit of force to "overtighten" and therefore it breaks easily.

Jan 3, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #2,353 of 8,377
  Why would they want you to send the Roxanne back?

+1...?

You know, it's funny - the Irish swear that international Guinness tastes nothing like true native Irish Guinness.

In America, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they lace the Guinness with high-fructose corn syrup or Aspartame! 
tongue.gif

All Guinness is now made in the Dublin brewery & exported out around the world. 

I work in a brewery myself so I hear these things :)

Jan 3, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #2,354 of 8,377
They just posted this on Facebook:

To ALL of our valued customers,

Hoping you had a joyous Christmas and exciting New Year.

There's been a lot of excitement relating to the launch of our newest model, Roxanne. Our team is working diligently to get you the most beautiful sounding IEM on the planet, but please remember that each and every one of these products is time and labor intensive with exquisite handcrafted parts. Please know that we truly appreciate your continued patience with your orders.

It has been brought to our attention that there have been a few isolated issues with the retaining collar on our Roxanne cable. The collars of the cable on the Roxanne were designed to break away before damaging the earpiece if overtightened. It appears there has been some breaking away too easily and so our team is correcting this as we speak to ensure even more strength and reliability. Anyone who has an issue with their Roxanne cable, please email Corbyn directly at Corbyn@jhaudio.com and we will immediately replace it.

We value your continued support and are grateful to have you as part of the Jerry Harvey Audio family!

------

Safe to say that they are aware of the problems... I just think that the whole 'breaks when too tight' story is something I am not really happy to hear... We know there are just a few people that received them yet.. and I suspect that everyone one of them is careful enough with their Roxanne's. Nevertheless there are already 3 cases here on head-fi... Just my point of view.

Jan 3, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #2,355 of 8,377
  They just posted this on Facebook:

To ALL of our valued customers,

Hoping you had a joyous Christmas and exciting New Year.

There's been a lot of excitement relating to the launch of our newest model, Roxanne. Our team is working diligently to get you the most beautiful sounding IEM on the planet, but please remember that each and every one of these products is time and labor intensive with exquisite handcrafted parts. Please know that we truly appreciate your continued patience with your orders.

It has been brought to our attention that there have been a few isolated issues with the retaining collar on our Roxanne cable. The collars of the cable on the Roxanne were designed to break away before damaging the earpiece if overtightened. It appears there has been some breaking away too easily and so our team is correcting this as we speak to ensure even more strength and reliability. Anyone who has an issue with their Roxanne cable, please email Corbyn directly at Corbyn@jhaudio.com and we will immediately replace it.

We value your continued support and are grateful to have you as part of the Jerry Harvey Audio family!

------

Safe to say that they are aware of the problems... I just think that the whole 'breaks when too tight' story is something I am not really happy to hear... We know there are just a few people that received them yet.. and I suspect that everyone one of them is careful enough with their Roxanne's. Nevertheless there are already 3 cases here on head-fi... Just my point of view.

Fedex just delivered the replacement cable from JHA. To me, the materials looks exactly like the one that I initially received with the product.  I will be extra careful and not overtight it and use it with extra care.  Let's see if that will resolve the issue ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back