New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jan 4, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #2,388 of 8,377
My cable is on its way to JH Audio, I have been told that they are working on the solution and will send out new cables when they are ready.  No timing as of yet.  But I yes, Jerry is fully aware of the issue and the team is working on it.

JHA customer service is generally top notch. I agree with everything that has been said though with respect to the cable issue. But I also believe Jerry will do his darnest to make it right. In my experience, he always has.

Jan 4, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #2,389 of 8,377
JHA customer service is generally top notch. I agree with everything that has been said though with respect to the cable issue. But I also believe Jerry will do his darnest to make it right. In my experience, he always has.

Agreed.

Jan 4, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #2,391 of 8,377
Has anyone used the Roxanne with any of the Astel & kern players? Does the 3ohm output impedance effect the sound?

One of the Daps I used at CanJam for the Demo was the AK120 and I did not notices any issues other than what I mentioned earlier about the tizzy highs, but the issue showed up on three different rigs.  I did not hear the issue on the final round of demoing (once Jerry got me a good seal) or with my customs set.

Jan 4, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #2,392 of 8,377
One of the Daps I used at CanJam for the Demo was the AK120 and I did not notices any issues other than what I mentioned earlier about the tizzy highs, but the issue showed up on three different rigs.  I did not hear the issue on the final round of demoing (once Jerry got me a good seal) or with my customs set.

Awesome! Thank you for your insight

Jan 4, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #2,393 of 8,377
Has anyone used the Roxanne with any of the Astel & kern players? Does the 3ohm output impedance effect the sound?

I've used the AK120 Titan on it and they sound good :) no problem with the 3ohm output.

Jan 5, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #2,396 of 8,377
But, in some cases, poorly-controlled treble can actually be a result of too high an output impedance from the DAP/Amp, can it not?

Jan 5, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #2,397 of 8,377
I do know from reading off folks here, that high impeded DAPs & AMPs will suppress bass, not sure what it does to the treble frequencies. 
AK120 does play well with the demo Roxannes, just hoping that JH will fix the sibilance on the final product.

Jan 5, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #2,398 of 8,377
  I do know from reading off folks here, that high impeded DAPs & AMPs will suppress bass, not sure what it does to the treble frequencies. 
AK120 does play well with the demo Roxannes, just hoping that JH will fix the sibilance on the final product.

Yeah, high output-impedance DAPs/amps, when driving very low impedance multi-BA CIEMs, seem to yield poor synergy in terms of weak (or poorly controlled) bass and increased (or poorly controlled) treble. (*broadly-speaking).

I can't comment on the high-impedance cans side of the issue, as I have no experience with cans.

Jan 5, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #2,399 of 8,377
Ah cool, so generally speaking (given a same set of iem/hp)

paired with Low impedance dap/amp = warm 
paired with High impedance dap/amp = bright

So how does this relate to hard-to-drive, hi-impedance headphones? Does it also contribute to a different sound signature or just affect the volume output only?

Jan 5, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #2,400 of 8,377
I demoed AK120 with my JH16 and didn't like the bass amount and texture on my JH16. I used my C5D and it did make the bass better but the overall sound was a bit grainy compared to DX50. I suppose it's due to not having a true lineout.

People may like the sound out of it with low impedance iem but certainly it is different. It feels like the sound is colored. whether it's good or not is up to individual's preference. Definitely not for me.

I didn't get the chance to demo Roxanne on AK120 coz It did not work for me on JH16. But Roxanne definitely is a step up over JH16

Users who are viewing this thread

Back