New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Mar 6, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #4,232 of 8,377
Aesthetically speaking, yes. Sonically, absolutely not.

The way I look at it, is I got some $$ back, and I got like a x4 rush order, whatever that costs.

In the ear the CF doesn't seem to be terribly obvious, and perhaps indistinguishable from the CF faceplate - and not as flashy/cool as some FP designs IMO.  

Yes, it is a marvel of engineering, but how much do you marvel before the novelty wears off and just shove the things in your ears the moment you pull them from the case?

Mar 6, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #4,233 of 8,377

The way I look at it, is I got some $$ back, and I got like a x4 rush order in a way - if that matters to you... it does to me.

You can combine best of both worlds.. Get the CF faceplate and transparent shell, you have the CF, with silver logo if you want to match the full CF, and you can see the insides :)!

The videoreview on the universal Roxanne has this exact combination, midway in the video. I do like it and I thinking of doing it... I could use the extra bucks that I will get back for the Calyx M and have them earlier... That does sound good...

Ah just checked... it is around the end of the video:)

Mar 6, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #4,234 of 8,377

My conspiracy theory is it could be due to the "relationship" between JH and Uncle Wilson of Jaben.
Just think of the number of times that Jerry was in Asia this past few years to take part in any Jaben-organised headphone festivals?

Yeah I agree - Jaben probably laid down the line on this or intuited such.  There's a difference between just a 'dealer' an a virtual inlet to a major market. 

Mar 6, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #4,235 of 8,377
  You can combine best of both worlds.. Get the CF faceplate and transparent shell, you have the CF, with silver logo if you want to match the full CF, and you can see the insides :)!

The videoreview on the universal Roxanne has this exact combination, midway in the video. I do like it and I thinking of doing it... I could use the extra bucks that I will get back for the Calyx M and have them earlier... That does sound good...

Ha - I updated that as you wrote this.

I contemplated the CF faceplate, but when I looked for pictures of existing JH orders I saw a 16 in titanium/trans black and went "ooohh" and had to have it :)

Mar 6, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #4,236 of 8,377

Ha - I updated that as you wrote this.

I contemplated the CF faceplate, but when I looked for pictures of existing JH orders I saw a 16 in titanium/trans black and went "ooohh" and had to have it :)

You mean like this? Or a completely transparent shell?

Mar 6, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #4,239 of 8,377
"Hello,

We are so very sorry for the delay. Please know that we truly appreciate your continued patience with the delay in your recent Roxanne order. Our team is committed to providing you with the highest level of customer service and exquisitely handcrafted products because you deserve the absolute best.

We can change your order and refund you the $200 dollars for your carbon fiber shell if you would like. I would need a screen shot of what you would like you order to look like. Please let me know if you would like to change your order.

I unfortunately cannot give you a shipping date or even a timeline for the Roxanne Carbon fiber order if you choose to wait until it is ready. To make the handcrafted carbon fiber piece, it is a far more time and labor intensive process and our team is working as hard and as fast as possible to get this to you. Please remember that the Roxanne orders were a pre-order with no definitive delivery date.

Again, we apologize for the delay."

Got this reply from Angie today , and decided to change mine to acrylic.

Mar 6, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #4,240 of 8,377
  "Hello,

We are so very sorry for the delay. Please know that we truly appreciate your continued patience with the delay in your recent Roxanne order. Our team is committed to providing you with the highest level of customer service and exquisitely handcrafted products because you deserve the absolute best.

We can change your order and refund you the $200 dollars for your carbon fiber shell if you would like. I would need a screen shot of what you would like you order to look like. Please let me know if you would like to change your order.

I unfortunately cannot give you a shipping date or even a timeline for the Roxanne Carbon fiber order if you choose to wait until it is ready. To make the handcrafted carbon fiber piece, it is a far more time and labor intensive process and our team is working as hard and as fast as possible to get this to you. Please remember that the Roxanne orders were a pre-order with no definitive delivery date.

Again, we apologize for the delay."

Got this reply from Angie today , and decided to change mine to acrylic.

Haven't we seen this form letter over and over?  SAD!! As I recall, the pre-order jargon she repeated refers to says "with shipments beginning late November".

Mar 6, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #4,241 of 8,377
I'm pretty sure that's close to if not the exact same reply I got nearly 2 mos ago when I first inquired about switching.

It shouldn't be hard to extrapolate with the rate of delivery for CF orders, the out of order delivery, etc, that some orders are going to be waiting 6+ months.  They should have gotten the new ovens over a month ago and had already staffed up, not sure what the hold-up could still be.

I wouldn't be surprised if some BF are not fulfilled until well into the summer.  

Mar 6, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #4,242 of 8,377
Just received confirmation from JH that my acrylic order is ready to ship as I agreed to change to clear cables. My order was placed through Jaben Melbourne, but I have emailed JH direct to enquire about my order. I originally ordered JH16s on 18 November, but switched to the Roxannes on 9 December. JH already had my impressions at that stage.

RE Jaben pricing, in Australia the pricing is very favourable. The cost of landing a pair of acrylic roxannes at list price bought direct through JH ends up at AU$2244, not including the costs of impressions. Jaben charge AU$1999, which includes doing the impressions for free.

In Australia imported items over AU$1000 are charged an import duty, tax and customs handling charges. Sometimes higher value items slip through without these charges applying, but its the exception. So on a full priced Roxanne, its a no brainer to buy through Jaben if you are in Australia as their price already includes duty etc. Jaben Australia didnt do the black friday deal, but if I had been in a position to order direct (I wasnt as I already had JH16s on order), the saving would have only been around AU$80, as I would have still had to pay for impressions, and would have been up for duty, delivery etc on the discounted Roxannes.

Hoping the Roxannes will arrive next week......its been a long wait..

Mar 6, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #4,243 of 8,377
$50 to send back for first refit attempt. This thing is a money suck.

Mar 6, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #4,244 of 8,377
Just received confirmation from JH that my acrylic order is ready to ship as I agreed to change to clear cables. My order was placed through Jaben Melbourne, but I have emailed JH direct to enquire about my order. I originally ordered JH16s on 18 November, but switched to the Roxannes on 9 December. JH already had my impressions at that stage.

RE Jaben pricing, in Australia the pricing is very favourable. The cost of landing a pair of acrylic roxannes at list price bought direct through JH ends up at AU$2244, not including the costs of impressions. Jaben charge AU$1999, which includes doing the impressions for free.

In Australia imported items over AU$1000 are charged an import duty, tax and customs handling charges. Sometimes higher value items slip through without these charges applying, but its the exception. So on a full priced Roxanne, its a no brainer to buy through Jaben if you are in Australia as their price already includes duty etc. Jaben Australia didnt do the black friday deal, but if I had been in a position to order direct (I wasnt as I already had JH16s on order), the saving would have only been around AU$80, as I would have still had to pay for impressions, and would have been up for duty, delivery etc on the discounted Roxannes.

Hoping the Roxannes will arrive next week......its been a long wait..

yup i paid over $2000 for mine...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back