New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC"
Jun 10, 2011 at 3:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 501

asmagus

100+ Head-Fier

Corda Clasic - probably Concerto successor.

Jun 14, 2011 at 7:57 AM Post #3 of 501
is there any more info available for these?

Always interested in new Meier products!

Jun 20, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #6 of 501
Subscribed! I am in need of a StageDAC something bad, but if the 'Classic' has a built-in DAC (and hopefully RCA output to feed my WA6SE)... whoa-boy! Exciting news. 

I read somewhere that the Jazz had the same dimensions as the StageDAC. Based on the pic's this cannot be so. I am pretty sure the OP meant that the Classic matched the StageDAC in size. Any truth to this unsubstantiated rumor?

Jun 21, 2011 at 6:32 AM Post #7 of 501
Corda Clasic will be - I my opinion - "only" amplifier" - no DAC inside.

Jun 23, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #9 of 501
Thanks for letting us know, uelover. I assume that your comment about the StageDAC that you have for sale should read "Classic" and not "Jazz", correct? Based on the image of the Jazz, it is clear that the dimensions will not match the StageDAC. I am curious to know where you found out the dimensions of the Classic/Jazz and the spec's regarding amp-only use. (Based on the schematic, it looks like there could be a DAC in there somewhere, although the natural crossfeed was also implemented in the Concerto without DAC.)
Regardless, I am eager to hear more about the Classic and all other Jan Meier offerings! What say you, Mr. Meier?!
popcorn.gif

Jun 23, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #10 of 501
Thanks for the info, asmagus. I assume the thread title should read "Classic" with two "s"'s.
normal_smile%20.gif

Quote:
Corda Clasic will be - I my opinion - "only" amplifier" - no DAC inside.

Jul 5, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #11 of 501
is there a new dac on the horizon too?

Jul 11, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #15 of 501
That is the general consensus, yes. But I do not think than Jan has confirmed this yet. It has been a long while since we last heard from him. Must have his hands tied, designing a new DAC that is 3/4" wider than the Classic. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back