New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC"
Aug 25, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #31 of 501
Hey,

What about Jazz vs Concerto, specially for an Audeze LCD-2? Will Jazz move them as good as Concerto does, or similary? I guess Classic will best both in that and almost all regards, but I can't wait. :)

Thanks.

Aug 25, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #32 of 501
I can't wait to read reviews about the Corda Jazz either! Specifically when paired with 600 ohm beyers.
Isn't there a separate thread for the Jazz btw? It's about to get released any day now.

Aug 26, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #33 of 501
It seems that I will be your man: I have ordered the JAZZ a few weeks ago and also own a pair of DT990 600.

Jan told me on Tuesday that there is a small delay and it should be available in two weeks 
smile.gif

Aug 26, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #34 of 501
Quote:
It seems that I will be your man: I have ordered the JAZZ a few weeks ago and also own a pair of DT990 600.

Jan told me on Tuesday that there is a small delay and it should be available in two weeks 
smile.gif

Awesome! When the times comes, please start a thread and share your impressions.

Sep 22, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #36 of 501
why was the concerto's production life cut short?
what does this offer that improves on the concerto?

Sep 22, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #37 of 501

Quote:
Definitely waiting for this one. Any info on price range?

A little bit more as the Concerto, at least in Germany and this is my last info from Jan.

Sep 22, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #38 of 501
why was the concerto's production life cut short?
what does this offer that improves on the concerto?

How do you know that that the Concerto's production life was cut short? Please share your information as this is an entirely new assertion.

Jan has regularly upgraded his amps over the years. In this case, the obvious improvement is a far more sophisticated cross feed circuitry but it also sounds from his posts that the overall power filtering and SQ may have improved.

(Form factor now matches the Stage DAC too.)

Sep 24, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #39 of 501
This is all speculation on my part but I am intrigued by the larger form-factor. The Concerto already has an ample power-supply, and puts out 10V and 0.5A max. The corresponding specs for the Jazz are 15V and 0.3A. This makes me wonder what the respective figures are for the Classic. It just might be an even more powerful beast, and satisfy those - I am not one of them - who feel the Concerto doesn't have the power to drive orthodynamics such as the LCD-2 or HE6.

Like cooper, I am keen to hear impressions of the new Jazz.

And indeed, Jan does regularly update his amplifiers. My impression is he enjoys innovation and design more than he does making a product and resting on his laurels. His regular updating is a good thing, and I think the excellence of his constant honing of amplifier performance may tend to be obscured sometimes by new FOTMs. He really is very creative imho.

Also note his recent announcement (May or June) he is cutting back his hours, workload and number of models to concentrate on new designs and on enjoying life. Well deserved, and I hope he is managing to do just that!

Sep 25, 2011 at 5:45 AM Post #42 of 501
Well, Jan was one of the first sponsors and contributors to headfi. His influence over the years has been enormous. He is indeed a one-man show; but so are many of the makers of our rather rarefied equipment 
wink_face.gif

Sep 26, 2011 at 3:00 AM Post #44 of 501
You're not wrong. Originally designed and supplied kits for DIY assembly. There's heaps of info all over headfi concerning his activities over the years. Not sure what his doctorate's in - electrical engineering I assume but that is only assumption.Of course, what it comes down to is how good are the amps. The ones I've owned - and own - are good. And still getting better. They're not to everyone's taste though.

Then again, no piece of equipment is! 
wink_face.gif

Sep 26, 2011 at 3:05 AM Post #45 of 501
"...[size=x-small]Later I studied physics and got a Ph.D. in biomedical engineering at the electronic faculty of a technical university. [/size]"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back