New Member Introductions thread
Jan 13, 2023 at 3:39 AM Post #14,266 of 15,551
Hi all! New here, all the way from The Netherlands :)
Have been listening to head-fi for a couple of years now and just recently decided to kick out the desktop setup (that did hurt a bit, I must admit).

Currently spinning with a Mytek Brooklyn DAC (which also functions as my amp) with a Aeon Closed and HD6XX. Currently happy, but naturally still many things on the Wishlist :)

Jan 13, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #14,268 of 15,551
Very long time headphone and Head-Fi user stopping lurking!

Jan 15, 2023 at 3:56 PM Post #14,271 of 15,551
Greets folks,

Going on for 70 years now I've been moved towards seeking higher fidelity of music' s reproduction , ergo here I find myself .

Already with a solid listening room set up , although I am told 80db after 9pm is not appreciated as sharing as intended ... lol

My specifically going into an iem listening experience and gear will be my focus here now .

Happy listening
finbad

Jan 15, 2023 at 9:30 PM Post #14,272 of 15,551
Hi guys, long time Head-Fi lurker here.
I've been reading the threads for quite some time (since the RE-0, ATH-CK10.. my first IEMs). Now I've decided to splurge some good money in an end-game IEM (I hope) and registered to try to seek for some advice

cheers
Gabriel

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2023 at 11:30 PM Post #14,273 of 15,551
Hi all,

I am just getting back into my headphones, not a new member here as I was on the site back in the pre-Head Five amp days! /so I pulled out my amp and thought I'd check and see what is new in headphones/IEM in the last say 20 years or so...I had to re-register for the site though since my old email address is long gone, so no way to reset the password. I still have my 20+-year-old DT 770, K501, and a pair of Ety MC5s. All work fine but of course, I got bit again so now I have a new pair of Hifiman RE800 silvers and a new pair of HD 560s.

John

Jan 15, 2023 at 11:43 PM Post #14,274 of 15,551
I’m new here! Love headphones, DACS, amps, stereos, speakers, and all things audio! My favorites I have been using most lately are ZMF Atriums and Audio-Technica R-70x (incredibly underrated headphones). Using a CTH + SDAC set up. Also have an EAD set up. Main stereo is Magnapan MMG, Hafler DH110 + DH220 with a PS Audio DAC, Bluemound Node 2.0, and MIT + Cardas cables.

Thanks for having me!

Pat

Last edited:
Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jan 16, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #14,276 of 15,551
Hello, everyone! I’ve been dipping into the forum for 3-4 years now, since my wife started working from home and I needed to wear headphones during the day. Little did I know the road I would take…

so, my system is not fancy: PowerNode 2i with HDMI. Zu Dirty Weekends. Mostly stream nowadays because I sold my 2600+ record collection and Linn Axis turntable due to a downsizing.

I currently have for headphones:

Hifiman HE-400i Headphones (my first planars!)
Grado Labs SR-80 (with G cushions)
Meze Audio 99 Noir headphones. (My first closed-backs)
V-Moda Crossfade LP (garage sale find for $5!)
V-Moda Crossfade M-80 (garage sale find for $5!)
Monoprice BT-500ANC (for TV listening)

I also just bought a pair of Focal Elegia for $250 from Amazon. I’m wondering if I should by some dedicated aftermarket cables or use the aftermarket cables I use with my Mezes.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2023 at 9:09 PM Post #14,277 of 15,551
Hey guys, been lurking on this forum for a couple months now as I begin my journey into high-fidelity music listening. I thought it was about time to register for myself to contribute to some of the posts, and see what all of you guys have to say!

Currently I’m enjoying my “mid-fi” set up with a couple of good cans (Sundara, HD 600, etc), and looking to expand my tastes even more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back