New Schiit Lyr: Hybrid 6W Headphone Amp. Yes. Six. Watts. RMS.
Mar 27, 2011 at 9:27 AM Post #661 of 834
My brain... is... going to explode! 

Mar 27, 2011 at 9:47 AM Post #662 of 834

Quote:
My brain... is... going to explode! 

Well, clean up the mess when you're through. 
wink.gif

Mar 27, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #663 of 834
yep. would be interested if this could drive stax

Not really sure what the Tomy Lee Jones analogy was for because it seems as though I have found some contradictory evidence with the above statement. Try and educate before you harp on us newbies, thats what mature head-phiers are supposed to do! So please explain why you ponder the lyr powering stax but find my question about the 404 humerous? (Is it due to the proprietery balanced connector terminating the 404? Arent all stax like that?)

Mar 27, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #664 of 834

Quote:
Quote:
yep. would be interested if this could drive stax

Not really sure what the Tomy Lee Jones analogy was for because it seems as though I have found some contradictory evidence with the above statement. Try and educate before you harp on us newbies, thats what mature head-phiers are supposed to do! So please explain why you ponder the lyr powering stax but find my question about the 404 humerous? (Is it due to the proprietery balanced connector terminating the 404? Arent all stax like that?)

No, I was wondering if this could drive Stax via a transformer box. Read the previous comments.

You asked if the 404 could be driven directly. Due to the completely different nature of electrostats, it cannot be driven through normal amps. Your question was enough to garner the implied facepalm of Tomy Lee Jones. 

Mar 27, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #665 of 834
Via a transformer box ehh, well why don't you just toot my whistle Olive Oyl!!!  Don't get me wrong I love Tommy Lee and appreciated your sarcasm but perhaps you should change your profile pic to my below suggestion and beg a moderator to update your designation to your clearly deserved Headphoenus Supremus!!! 
you

Mar 28, 2011 at 2:14 AM Post #666 of 834

Quote:
Nope, there are a number of drivers in the audio world that are piezo electric.  None used in headphones that I'm aware of.  Heils use very strong magnets and are, of course, electromagnetically actuated.  The other audio transducer technology that has not shown up in headphones is plasma / ionic air motion transducers.

Pioneer used to have a Piezo headphone.

[Doh!  I should read the whole thread before I reply to a post]

Mar 28, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #667 of 834

Quote:
Via a transformer box ehh, well why don't you just toot my whistle Olive Oyl!!!  Don't get me wrong I love Tommy Lee and appreciated your sarcasm but perhaps you should change your profile pic to my below suggestion and beg a moderator to update your designation to your clearly deserved Headphoenus Supremus!!! 
you

Gee, im sorry if i offended you....

Apr 2, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #671 of 834
ok... i see that this forum came clear, as some people got the lyr.... i am curious how it drives the lcd2 and sennheiser hd800... or sennheiser hd 650...  does it destroy any of these, or just all of these will sound good, or which one will sound and how?...

Apr 2, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #672 of 834
I wonder if this is the holy grail of Schiity tubes:

"This is very rare super matched pair mullard E88CC/6922 gold pin tubes.This is not regular version, this is SQ(special quality)highest quality tubes."

Available now for only $200

Apr 2, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #674 of 834
As penance for your double post... you should have to test them and share your thoughts with the rest of us Head-fiers.  
L3000.gif

Quote:
I wonder if this is the holy grail of Schiity tubes:

"This is very rare super matched pair mullard E88CC/6922 gold pin tubes.This is not regular version, this is SQ(special quality)highest quality tubes."

Available now for only $200

Apr 2, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #675 of 834
I was browsing around yesterday and found this:

This IS holy grail;

Tube
Description
Price Each
Cca Philips Holland made for Valvo (ultra premium 6DJ8/6922) RARE 1950s PINCH WAIST D-GETTER, gold pins.MATCHED PAIR
New Old Stock white Box. Possibly the rarest type and make of tube in the entire 6DJ8/6922 family, these museum pieces are a rare collector's prize! Unlike most Cca types made in Germany, these are Holland made with characteristic warmth and musicality of the Dutch tubes. Incredibly rare D-shape getters and even rarer PINCH WAIST glass! The Cca is one of the "Holy Grail" tubes in the 6922/7308 family, and probably the best audiophile 6DJ8 type ever made, at any time. Add to that D-getter pinch waist status, and now you have a pair of tubes better than any other of this type ever made, on the planet! The labels are fair to good, and these are both Valvo labels, with Heerlen Holland factory marks, and both date coded 1956. These are VERY scarce in the USA, unheard of in matched pairs. The first pair of these I have seen in 12 years of business! You can spend more than this on speaker cables or fancy interconnects, and not get the sonic improvement these tubes will provide! Very nicely matched pairs, supplied with test data and our 30 day guarantee.
$1000.00 per pair

Users who are viewing this thread

Back