RAAL 1995 headphones, Magna and Immanis
Mar 29, 2024 at 6:59 AM Post #781 of 1,726
Most of the threads in the summit-fi section are titled by one specific product and themed around it rather than the brand. It's pretty typical. Again, once more users have them in their hands, either people will use the Immanis thread created there already or start an impression thread themselves. It will all work out, just a temporary inconvenience for now lol

Given it seems Raal has plenty of demand and interest already, I wouldn't really think of it as a concern of visibility at this point.
Yeah, I don’t mind where we go and talk, or what the thread is called, but the stupid thing that irritates me is where did the “H” come from? I don’t think Alex ever referred to it as the SRH, so how did it get there and why has it been allowed to stay? And yes, it is mind numbingly petty of me to get irritated by something so innocuous but what can I do? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Mar 29, 2024 at 12:23 PM Post #782 of 1,726
Yeah, I don’t mind where we go and talk, or what the thread is called, but the stupid thing that irritates me is where did the “H” come from? I don’t think Alex ever referred to it as the SRH, so how did it get there and why has it been allowed to stay? And yes, it is mind numbingly petty of me to get irritated by something so innocuous but what can I do? 🤷🏼‍♂️

In the first picture in that thread, you can see that an early model had that name.

1711729389622.png

Mar 29, 2024 at 12:31 PM Post #783 of 1,726
I'm queuing for an Immanis, so I can't say anything about the combo with the new headphones, but I have the wm1a and I can say that some tubes, such as some alternative models of the 6sl7 nos, can blow and don't have a very noticeable black . Out of curiosity, what tube are you using?
I am using the stock tubes in it when I bought it, I think the Tungsol. Not sure what the 6SN7 is. I am not home to check right now, but either way, they are modern Russian tubes I think. I have not tried any other tubes as of yet.

Mar 30, 2024 at 2:32 PM Post #785 of 1,726
Will the Immanis be delivered with a Star-8 cable "umbilical" cord, the cable between the interface and the headphone amp?

Mar 30, 2024 at 4:10 PM Post #787 of 1,726
Last edited:
Mar 30, 2024 at 4:19 PM Post #788 of 1,726
Last edited:
Mar 30, 2024 at 4:21 PM Post #789 of 1,726
rlawry´s comparison of the the Raal stock umbilical cord with a cheap Pine Tree Audio cable let me wonder if there is a weak link in the Immanis-package
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/raal-ribbon-headphones-srh1a.890603/page-517#post-18044001
But maybe Alex can give us more information about the Immanis umbilical cord.
Write to him and ask him. It’s a valid question and Alex is always open to ideas. But do remember that the Star8 is special because of its impedance characteristics being what’s needed between interface and headphone. There is no such requirement between the amplifier and the interface and so the star8 is not needed here. I’m not saying the cable is not important in this situation, just that that the specific characteristics of the star8 are not needed.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2024 at 4:29 PM Post #790 of 1,726
Write to him and ask him. It’s a valid question and Alex is always open to ideas. But do remember that the Star8 is special because of its impedance characteristics being what’s needed between interface and headphone. There is no such requirement between the amplifier and the interface and so the star8 is not needed here. I’m not saying the cable is not important in this situation, just that that the specific characteristics of the star8 are not needed.
I hope he still reads his own thread.

Mar 30, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #792 of 1,726
I hope he still reads his own thread.
He does for sure, but don't forget we currently have the easter holidays, can't expect him to check forums 24/7

Mar 30, 2024 at 4:55 PM Post #793 of 1,726
You could also @ him if you want him to be notified. Or you could PM him…

Mar 30, 2024 at 5:57 PM Post #794 of 1,726
No hurry. Alex has worked hard the last months. I hope he get some rest these days.

Mar 30, 2024 at 6:14 PM Post #795 of 1,726
Yes, I know. But @MokhaMark wrote that he got the Magna with a Star-8 "umbilical" cord. I expect that cable to be better than the stock RCD-XLR. So it should be an upgrade option at least.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/raal-ribbon-headphones-srh1a.890603/page-517#post-18044378
Hi @yellowblue I received the new Star 8 and RCD connection cable with Magna for testing/photography, I think it is called the RCD to XLR cable. (My pre-order of Magna is for the "naked" version with no cable so I have not seen a delivered Deluxe Package as per the price list. The sheathing was the same appearance as the Star 8, however the price list @Aleksandar R. posted on page 16 does not confirm if it is the same material internally as the Star 8 cable or not. The price list suggests it is included with the Deluxe package. @Aleksandar R. can perhaps confirm this? AFTER the holiday, of course.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back