Research Triangle (Raleigh, Durham & Chapel Hill), NC Fall Schiit Meetup

Will you attend a NC Triangle Schiitmeet (hopefully with @Jason)

• Total voters
Sep 5, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #66 of 106
Hi all,
We are in the rundown to our event Saturday :)

@Jason Stoddard will be here!

The gear list form Schiit is in the post above. We have a roughly 20x20 room on the second floor and I'm thinking six (or so) listening stations on tables around the walls. There will be coffee and juice plus food at lunchtime.

Parking is plentiful behind 79 West if in front fills up (there is a lot of construction, so park wisely!). The facility will be locked, I'll post signs with my phone number at the main door.

If you are bringing gear, please let the group know. If you would LIKE to see/hear something, please also shout.

If you bring a tablet ot phone with your music, please ensure you have a phone connector to USB [ C | B ] which I believe covers all the Schiit gear. We have a ton of Apple connectors (lightning - > USB gadget with A or C out).

Cheers

Graham

Sep 5, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #69 of 106
Ed,

Graham can chime in on this.
There is only one room, so having a speaker setup is well...abit dicey.
Graham and I chatted about this abit.
He is bringing a set of powered speakers.

I was hoping that the KARA might be used with a speaker amp to a set of small bookshelves.

Would have been nice to get a G-horn to use with small bookshelfs.
Do you have a small speaker amp and small speakers?

I do have a set of small Pioneer Speakers, that are modded that are very small, but decent.
????

Alex

Sep 5, 2023 at 1:01 PM Post #70 of 106
Ed,

Graham can chime in on this.
There is only one room, so having a speaker setup is well...abit dicey.
Graham and I chatted about this abit.
He is bringing a set of powered speakers.

I was hoping that the KARA might be used with a speaker amp to a set of small bookshelves.

Would have been nice to get a G-horn to use with small bookshelfs.
Do you have a small speaker amp and small speakers?

I do have a set of small Pioneer Speakers, that are modded that are very small, but decent.
????

Alex
The only amp I've got is a pretty big Adcom, but I have a decent set of Boston Acoustic A60's. They sound great but are certainly nothing special.

A Ghorn would've been awesome. I was hoping to hear one again as I didn't get a great chance to play around with it at the meet earlier this year. Maybe the Raggy can be setup with a pair of headphones and speakers so people can play around with switching between the two?

Just FYI, here's a list of audio gear I own. I can bring any of it upon request.

Schiit:
Magnius
Modius
Saga S
Gen 1 stack (Magni, Modi, and WYRD)

Hifiman HE4XX

BA A60
KEF 102/2

Adcom GFA5400

The venue is only 10 minutes away from my house so I am more than happy to get there early to help setup if needed.

-Ethan

Sep 5, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #72 of 106
The only amp I've got is a pretty big Adcom, but I have a decent set of Boston Acoustic A60's. They sound great but are certainly nothing special.

A Ghorn would've been awesome. I was hoping to hear one again as I didn't get a great chance to play around with it at the meet earlier this year. Maybe the Raggy can be setup with a pair of headphones and speakers so people can play around with switching between the two?

Just FYI, here's a list of audio gear I own. I can bring any of it upon request.

Schiit:
Magnius
Modius
Saga S
Gen 1 stack (Magni, Modi, and WYRD)

Hifiman HE4XX

BA A60
KEF 102/2

Adcom GFA5400

The venue is only 10 minutes away from my house so I am more than happy to get there early to help setup if needed.

-Ethan
We must live close!

If someone has a SMALL speakers, we might be able to make it work.

PSSetup help is welcome but not required!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back