Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 9, 2024 at 1:00 PM Post #147,167 of 152,476
Once again I am caught up, several of you received flight boards, mini Schiit racks, mini speakers, etc. Now it’s time to put my shop back in order and prepare to work on turntable plinths. If I left anyone out I will see what I can do on another day, at another time.😛
Just gotta say this - I’m amazed by your kindness!

Apr 9, 2024 at 1:02 PM Post #147,168 of 152,476
BMW has totally lost their way w/r/t design language, in my humble opinion. The new grilles are just stunningly ugly; even worse than Lexus.
I don't think they're smoking anything, AP - doing mushrooms? Maybe. That is a face that even a mother can't love...
Totally agree on that, but might argue the Lexus is worse. :slight_smile: My wife killed her '04 RX330 a few years ago:

Car.jpg

That '04 was the 2nd best vehicle I've ever owned from the comfort and cost of ownership standpoints, so I naturally checked out some new ones. But I couldn't deal with the ugly as they had already started their metamorphosis into that wood shredder-mouthed front end and I don't have enough yard waste to make good use of it. Found a 2010 with only 40k miles on it at Carmax, and it will probably go for another 10 years without needing repair and/or pissing off the neighbors by ugly-ing up the neighborhood.

1712681081958.png

It looks like the current M2 is the last of the sane BMW designs... and they may have over-done it on the fender flares, but I can live with that. :sunglasses:

The front end still looks like they're trying to make it resemble a RAM pickup. :laughing:

Apr 9, 2024 at 1:07 PM Post #147,169 of 152,476
Once again I am caught up, several of you received flight boards, mini Schiit racks, mini speakers, etc. Now it’s time to put my shop back in order and prepare to work on turntable plinths. If I left anyone out I will see what I can do on another day, at another time.😛
Ooh. Turntable plinths.

Oh gosh, I just so happen to own a SOTA Sapphire SIII (non vacuum model)

Apr 9, 2024 at 1:10 PM Post #147,170 of 152,476
Just gotta say this - I’m amazed by your kindness!
Well it is not totally altruistic, others show me kindness in return. Finnegan even gets to sample a bit of smoked salmon soon.😺😺

Apr 9, 2024 at 1:21 PM Post #147,171 of 152,476
Totally agree on that, but might argue the Lexus is worse. :slight_smile: My wife killed her '04 RX330 a few years ago:

Car.jpg

That '04 was the 2nd best vehicle I've ever owned from the comfort and cost of ownership standpoints, so I naturally checked out some new ones. But I couldn't deal with the ugly as they had already started their metamorphosis into that wood shredder-mouthed front end and I don't have enough yard waste to make good use of it. Found a 2010 with only 40k miles on it at Carmax, and it will probably go for another 10 years without needing repair and/or pissing off the neighbors by ugly-ing up the neighborhood.

1712681081958.png

The front end still looks like they're trying to make it resemble a RAM pickup. :laughing:

They call it spindle grille ...... their loom history ....

Apr 9, 2024 at 1:34 PM Post #147,172 of 152,476
Apr 9, 2024 at 1:38 PM Post #147,173 of 152,476
For sure! AND, low step up for aging dogs, and sliding doors are very parking lot friendly. 1 friend has Pacifica and likes it.

Our 13 year old cross needs help getting in, but can still get out. Not the case with other vehicles. And ++1 on parking lot friendliness. So unsexy. So practical.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 1:41 PM Post #147,174 of 152,476
There are only three BMWs that ever looked good. Yes, ever. Not just recently, but since they started making cars.
The E38 pre-facelift, the Z8, and the current 8 series coupe.
And yes, I am standing by this opinion. I would even go so far and say that the E38 is the second-most beautiful sedan/saloon ever made, second only to the Jaguar XJ (X350) / Daimler Super Eight. None of the bloat that plagues today's cars, perfectly elegant and understated lines, ideal proportions from pretty much all angles, and fantastic tourers with serious sleeper potential.
Fight me. ;p

Edit:
I forgot about the current 8 series coupe.
2002 is my favorite.

Apr 9, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #147,175 of 152,476
Apr 9, 2024 at 1:56 PM Post #147,178 of 152,476
Last call! Add your fav songs to the Schiit Happened Playlist 2024

Add 4 fine songs/pieces you find great for musical and/or sonic pleasure. Additionally add 1 album and 1 artist you - at this point in time - prefer, love or just think should get some attention here.

I'll assemble and order the songs in a shared Apple Music playlist (maybe also Qobuz we'll see) to the the best of effort - and I promise - at least I will listen through it all at least once! The list of albums & artists can be browsed for inspiration by all...

Let's go! Post your answers HERE!

Apr 9, 2024 at 2:23 PM Post #147,180 of 152,476
Thanks to a mention elsewhere by @LobalWarming, I have a few of these
IMG_7768.jpeg
on order. I have a few 'red-tip, medical grade' Telefunken ECC82 which may will see rotation - from Liquid Platinum - to Vali 3. Do NOT be surprised if you see one of these
IMG_7769.jpeg
[Telefunken G-73R] in Vali 3 for the sheer hell of it !! 🤪🙂.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back