Shanling ET3 - Dedicated Digital CD Transport, With USB Drive and Wi-Fi Support
Jun 2, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #16 of 765
Great! Looking forward to this. I have around 3500 CDs and a number of them sound excellent.

Trying to also figure out how to rip them from this. MQA is defunct now so why list it.

With 3500 CDs it'd be crazy not buy one as long as the funds are there. I think the industry thought that
MQA would become a long term standard. But it really never seemed to flourish the way we thought it would.

One of the reasons I still enjoy analogue playback is its simpler format. IMO, there are just too many different formats with digital and it will continue to change while analogue remains mostly the same.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #18 of 765
Jun 2, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #20 of 765
My first CDs were Led Zep III, and Fisherman’s Blues by The Waterboys. Still got them.

Jun 2, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #21 of 765
How can the I/0’s coming out of a CD transport sound good or bad?

Jun 2, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #22 of 765
How can the I/0’s coming out of a CD transport sound good or bad?
Many variables. How clean the digital signal is, any spurious DC anywhere. So many reasons, good or bad.

Jun 2, 2023 at 11:33 PM Post #26 of 765
Jason @ Schiit please take notice. Nice small transport. UrdII maybe?

Jun 3, 2023 at 5:40 AM Post #28 of 765
I remember when I was in lower secondary and we had just cassette player. I didn't listen to music myself, but some kids did and I saw some CDs occasionally. I thought it was magical that one could just select the track one wanted to listen to. I was watching the covers of CDs in a shop and was super attracted. The drooling was real... Then I saved a year all the small exchange I got from my parents. I also wanted ice cream "as money", when my brother got ice cream. Then when I got the money together, I bought myself a CD player for Christmas and some random cheap CDs with nice covers. My wallet hated this hobby already even though I didn't even have a wallet yet, but a metal box where I kept the money.

Jun 3, 2023 at 7:57 AM Post #30 of 765
Great! Looking forward to this. I have around 3500 CDs and a number of them sound excellent.

Trying to also figure out how to rip them from this. MQA is defunct now so why list it.
Is MQA defunct? Where did you hear that? I never got on the band wagon anyway but curious as to if this is official or just a speculation. Thanks for the info

Users who are viewing this thread

Back