Shanling H7 - High-End Portable DAC/AMP/Player, Featuring new AKM AK4499EX Flagship DAC
Oct 10, 2022 at 9:42 AM Post #16 of 1,116
Seems like it will be way more powerfull than the M8 and M9. Im quite excited about this product tbh.
I always felt that typical daps have increased prices due to the android implementation, snapdragon chipsets and screens.
Imagine how much the amplification circuit can be improved when saving so much space and energy.
The sd card reader + well developed app can be game changers on dap market.
The IFI Gryphon was an already interesting product, now the H7 is rising the bar noticeably.

Oct 10, 2022 at 10:19 AM Post #18 of 1,116
All we need is a reasonable price and this is a definite buy for me.

Oct 10, 2022 at 10:46 AM Post #20 of 1,116
Introducing SHANLING H7

With H7 we are taking a big step into the High-End Portable DAC/AMP market.

And we made sure it comes packing all the important features:

- New Flagship AK4499EX DAC chip from AKM, with its matching AK4191 Modulator

- Extra powerful amplifier offering up to 1.2W @ 32 Ohm

- 3.5 / 4.4 / 6.35mm headphone outputs and rear RCA

- Xmos USB input supporting Hi-Res playback, including MQA

- Combined input for Coaxial and Optical SPDIF

- Bluetooth receiver module with LDAC support

And an extra feature is the MicroSD card slot, allowing for direct local playback. Pack your card with all the music files and then simply control it from the Eddict Player app on your Android or iOS phone. You can even run the H7 as a completely independent player, just with limited control.

Coming this fall.

a3ab6f26-c4b9-4936-89fa-7f00c60dd315.jpg
The features look incredible! Specially the ability to play local files through microsd.

I think you can control the playback from your smartphone. There will be the app for Andro/OS.
So it stays in your pocket and no need to pull it out everytime you want to change a song.
Also it will probably have some basic UI when you want to control the playback from the device directly, so no need for a smartphone when playing local files.
The Eddict player needs a major overhaul. The options are pretty limited.

Oct 10, 2022 at 11:11 AM Post #23 of 1,116
Wonder how this'll compare to the newly announced Q7.
The Q7 is way bigger and heavy. Probably more powerful but it's not portable. The H7 as a smaller footprint, like the M8. Also Shanling sound house is more musical and interesting than Fiio.

Oct 10, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #25 of 1,116
All we need is a reasonable price and this is a definite buy for me.
Agreed, Shanling used to be able to offer high quality, high specification gear for a great price, not so much recently. To be fair though all the manufacturers are the same, ever increasing cost to performance ratios. Do they not realise we are having to watch spending, post pandemic, on what is after all just a hobby for most of us. The Head-Fi hobby IMHO needs a price reset but while buyers are spending 1000's on the latest IEM or DAP I can't see that happening.

"With H7 we are taking a big step into the High-End Portable DAC/AMP market."

With that statement I see a high asking price sadly.

Rant over. :)

Oct 10, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #26 of 1,116
Do you expect this to be in the DTR1 league?

drftr
If it sounds as musical and analog like the DTR1+, I believe it could be in the same league.

The DTR1+ really is a unique device. It's basic but it plays the music in such an analog way that it is hard to describe. I love it just for the fact you just turn it on, it takes 10 seconds to update a 512GB MicroSD card and you're ready to go.

The H7 looks to be a interesting device just for the fact you will be able to play music from the MicroSD card, like the Chord Mojo/Poly. The Mojo 2 also is a fantastic little device. Transparent and detailed sound, yet it adds warmth and musicality.

Agreed, Shanling used to be able to offer high quality, high specification gear for a great price, not so much recently. To be fair though all the manufacturers are the same, ever increasing cost to performance ratios. Do they not realise we are having to watch spending, post pandemic, on what is after all just a hobby for most of us. The Head-Fi hobby IMHO needs a price reset but while buyers are spending 1000's on the latest IEM or DAP I can't see that happening.

"With H7 we are taking a big step into the High-End Portable DAC/AMP market."

With that statement I see a high asking price sadly.

Rant over. :)
I have to agree with you. No idea about pricing, but probably expecting around 750-1000€.

Oct 10, 2022 at 11:45 AM Post #28 of 1,116
The local micro SD card read function could be a game changer.

It could reduce production costs and save the place for a more advanced internals. Just a small display to show your files and you are independent from your phone when playing locally.
No android, no big screen, all in with amp section. Brilliant!
But for the streaming, we need to connect it to our phones?
hifiman did it first, just saying

Oct 10, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #29 of 1,116
If it sounds as musical and analog like the DTR1+, I believe it could be in the same league.

The DTR1+ really is a unique device. It's basic but it plays the music in such an analog way that it is hard to describe. I love it just for the fact you just turn it on, it takes 10 seconds to update a 512GB MicroSD card and you're ready to go.

The H7 looks to be a interesting device just for the fact you will be able to play music from the MicroSD card, like the Chord Mojo/Poly. The Mojo 2 also is a fantastic little device. Transparent and detailed sound, yet it adds warmth and musicality.
I hope for an upgrade to the M8 sound wise. The DTR1+ sq lvl doesnt really satisfy me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back