Shanling H7 - High-End Portable DAC/AMP/Player, Featuring new AKM AK4499EX Flagship DAC
Oct 10, 2022 at 12:53 PM Post #31 of 1,116
Very nice! I hope the price isn’t too high. Around $750 would be great!

Oct 10, 2022 at 7:00 PM Post #33 of 1,116
- Extra powerful amplifier offering up to 1.2W @ 32 Ohm

- 3.5 / 4.4 / 6.35mm headphone outputs and rear RCA
So, this is XD-05 BAL but with latest AK chipset, plus local playback just like chord mojo + poly

I just hope two things:

1. Gain switch, for Extra low-low-high. Because my experience with XD-05 BAL, it is too powerful (even in low gain) that it is almost unusable for IEM. Therefore need that Extra low gain if possible

2. Battery life that can rival XD-05 BAL, especially if I were to use Coax/Optic (around 15hours)

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022 at 7:23 PM Post #34 of 1,116
And an extra feature is the MicroSD card slot, allowing for direct local playback. Pack your card with all the music files and then simply control it from the Eddict Player app on your Android or iOS phone. You can even run the H7 as a completely independent player, just with limited control.

These are very cool. H7 can even run as a DAP if you just listen to local file? I don’t think I have seen such feature on any other device of this kind. Great idea. Looking forward for impressions by others.

Oct 10, 2022 at 7:30 PM Post #35 of 1,116
These are very cool. H7 can even run as a DAP if you just listen to local file? I don’t think I have seen such feature on any other device of this kind. Great idea. Looking forward for impressions by others.
Portable dacamp with sdcard for local playback (controlled via the dacamp, or via phone app through bt) should be the trend moving forward

Based on people experience from Mojo-poly this mode resulted in better SQ because we bypass one of of audio "nervosa" of a dacamp, namely USB 🤭

Oct 10, 2022 at 8:27 PM Post #36 of 1,116
Portable dacamp with sdcard for local playback (controlled via the dacamp, or via phone app through bt) should be the trend moving forward

Based on people experience from Mojo-poly this mode resulted in better SQ because we bypass one of of audio "nervosa" of a dacamp, namely USB 🤭
I'd take USB-C over Bluetooth 5.0 though. Haven't tried 5.1.

drftr

Oct 10, 2022 at 8:32 PM Post #37 of 1,116
And an extra feature is the MicroSD card slot, allowing for direct local playback. Pack your card with all the music files and then simply control it from the Eddict Player app on your Android or iOS phone. You can even run the H7 as a completely independent player, just with limited control.
you-had-my-curiosity-now-you-have-my-attention.gif

Oct 10, 2022 at 9:07 PM Post #38 of 1,116
So for local files playback i could also use the app on my phone to controll the H7 via bluethooth right?
If thats the case im sold! Its like the IFI Gryphon but with its own Micro SD card reader so no lossy playback when controlled via Bluetooth.

Only pity there is no DC power supply possibility, like the Fiio M17 has. It could be used as a typical desktop DAC AMP without battery drain.
But it looks very interesting anyways.

H7 will be using our Eddict Player app and SyncLink feature over Bluetooth. You can try it with any Shanling DAP, it will work the same way with H7.

For people unfamiliar with our SyncLink:

App on your Android or iOS connects to H7 over Bluetooth, but it serves only for controls, music data is taken directly from the MicroSD card. Our app only serves to control the playback, browse through the folders/music library.

Looks interesting. Any further information of the amp section and power output?

Can you use other apps to control the MicroSD card slot, like the Chord Poly/Mojo combo?

Maximum output is 1.2W @ 32 Ohm. More power than any of our DAPS.

At this time it's only working with our Eddict Player app.

@Shanling do you reckon this would come out before Oct end?

Expect a bit later release.

It will have the flagship 4499EX. But probably only one (or two of them?) plus AK4191 for digital signal processing (like on the sp3000).
No big screen, no android, no power hungry Snapdragons. All about the audio.

H7 is using single DAC chip.

I was thinking in DLNA or MPD client like BubbleUPnP.

Not at this time and not sure we could do it with just Bluetooth connection.

H7 can run completely independently playing from the MicroSD card, but your music controls will be severely limited. (Anybody remembers Shozy Alien?)
It can be alright, if you have a big collection of 2GB cards and change them like CDs.

I'd take USB-C over Bluetooth 5.0 though. Haven't tried 5.1.

drftr

Bluetooth version has no impact on Audio quality, it's all up to the codec, no matter if BT4.0 or BT5.3.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Oct 10, 2022 at 9:18 PM Post #39 of 1,116
Bluetooth version has no impact on Audio quality, it's all up to the codec, no matter if BT4.0 or BT5.3.
Sure, but 5.1 supports lossless while earlier versions don't. With a cable you'll never run into the issue and is therefore much more future-proof from a sonical point of view. Not unimportant, although depending on the price tag.

drftr

Oct 10, 2022 at 9:46 PM Post #40 of 1,116
looks like that new Fiio portable dac/amp coming out the Fiio M300s Mk2 BTR-NBC-BBC THX Super-Transportable Bluetooth Portable desktop dongle

Oct 11, 2022 at 2:32 AM Post #44 of 1,116
To be honest, I'm more concerned about the offered sound quality. If it goes in the direction of the M9, it's not that interesting for me. If it's in the class of the M8 or even a bit higher I'd spend a bit more money too. It's hard for me to imagine. Only 1 AKM. I'm not quite sure. But wait and see and allow yourself to be overwhelmed in terms of sound quality and price. If any moon prices are called, I'll stay with the M8 anyway. The H7 might be a nice addition.

Oct 11, 2022 at 3:39 AM Post #45 of 1,116
To be honest, I'm more concerned about the offered sound quality. If it goes in the direction of the M9, it's not that interesting for me. If it's in the class of the M8 or even a bit higher I'd spend a bit more money too. It's hard for me to imagine. Only 1 AKM. I'm not quite sure. But wait and see and allow yourself to be overwhelmed in terms of sound quality and price. If any moon prices are called, I'll stay with the M8 anyway. The H7 might be a nice addition.
Im also not interested in a typical todays daps colder and neutral tuning. It must be at least on the same level as the M8, otherwise will pass. The M8 is my first dap and the source actually with which im listening to the whole albums. No jumping from song to song.
The Dethonray Pegasus SG1 also seems very interesting bluethooth dac/amp which is getting very positive reviews for its warm, organic, dynamic and smooth sound.
And costs only 400 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back