Shozy Zero IEMs
May 10, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #663 of 1,545
Wowed a friend today with these. He is non-head fi though, but his expression was priceless. Went through a single song with eyes closed. Then commented, OMG, these are that good. 

You've done a very good thing for your friend, shown him the light.

Keep heading towards the light friend.

May 10, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #664 of 1,545
You've done a very good thing for your friend, shown him the light.

Keep heading towards the light friend.

He's already getting a pair or Fiio EM3s or VE Monk+. Too bad his budget is limited. 

May 10, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #665 of 1,545
The zero I had on my wishlist are now showing as "Not Available". Perhaps they sold out already? They're still available from the Penon store but only 18 pieces left! Hope they sell out before my will crumbles and I'll have to wait for the next batch before buying. 
tongue.gif

May 11, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #673 of 1,545
Just wondering for those who have the retail version. Did you buy from Penon audio? I can't seem to find them anywhere else.

Pretty sure mine are the retail version based on the packaging and Shozy engravings in the wood. Purchased from Penon. Like these so much am considering a 2nd pair..

2nd week since I got them and hardly put them down.. they have helped find my preference signature warm intimate and musical with luscious bass , extended non muddied mids and clear treble with a dash of sparkle. . am also a fan of a big Soundstage which there lies a conflict between Soundstage and Intimacy . . Is it possible to have both ?

Next on my hit list of IEMs to purchase was the QT5 but am now unsure if they are colder and more analytical..?

Help!

May 11, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #674 of 1,545
Pretty sure mine are the retail version based on the packaging and Shozy engravings in the wood. Purchased from Penon. Like these so much am considering a 2nd pair..

2nd week since I got them and hardly put them down.. they have helped find my preference signature warm intimate and musical with luscious bass , extended non muddied mids and clear treble with a dash of sparkle. . am also a fan of a big Soundstage which there lies a conflict between Soundstage and Intimacy . . Is it possible to have both ?

Next on my hit list of IEMs to purchase was the QT5 but am now unsure if they are colder and more analytical..?

Help!

Thanks for the reply. I'm definitely getting some of these now. Recently got my first hybrids and I was a bit disappointed by the lack of bass and the cold, analytical sound.

May 11, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #675 of 1,545
Thanks for the reply. I'm definitely getting some of these now. Recently got my first hybrids and I was a bit disappointed by the lack of bass and the cold, analytical sound.

It's phase(under the crossover area)/ sibilance spikes and big roll off both ends causing not natural sound quite some time....

it is much harder to produce a good hybrid considering the nature of ba and dd. However if you like hybrids presentation do try the oriolus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back