Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic Earphones
May 8, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #2,162 of 6,065
Does anyone knows if the amp/Dac that comes with the kse 1500 is actually a SHA900 or is it smthg complitly different?
Don't know about the DAC but the amp portion is definitely different.

May 8, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #2,163 of 6,065
Question for my fellow KSE owners, is it just me or are the cables cumbersome and easily tangled. I find myself checking them every night to make sure the ribbon is not permanently bent. Also, I noticed on my first set of cables if a permanent bend develops the impedance must rise because I was running the volume up at least 2 steps to compensate.

The cable brings out my ADHD. 

May 9, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #2,167 of 6,065
May 9, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #2,169 of 6,065
  Thanks, so I thought, but since they pretty much looks like the same, better asking than assuming....I wish I could give it a try one day soon .

The KSE1500 is more like the normal kind of electrostats with 200V per channel as such a require a dedicated electrostatic amp. It's not like the In2uit electrostat (eletret?) type phones that can be driven by normal amps - I don't know if the In2uit eletret were that popular anyway.

But yeah the SHA900 is just for normal head/earphones.

May 9, 2016 at 7:51 AM Post #2,170 of 6,065
Hi, I’m a new user of KSE1500 and I use triple flange sleeves. It seems that triple flange sleeves don’t have wax guards. So I’m just wondering will it cause sound problem in the near future?

I also have ER4S and it seems that the wax guards do the good work on etymotic earphones.

May 9, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #2,172 of 6,065
For those of you wondering about tips and tip effects, I found this article interesting several years ago. It's not the end all reference or anything, but an interesting start. I always thought the triple flange (in my ears) sounded really weird, and these measurements bear that out, however the measurements are much more subtle than how they sound to me.
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/comply-foam-tips-and-effects-tip-selection#HCySuWgllWrIcS1Z.97

May 9, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #2,173 of 6,065
  They don't because their triples leave lots a room between the end of the tip and end of the nozzle. Wax shouldn't be an issue if you casually check it now and then. More wax than that would probably affect your hearing anyway. The shorter black foam (olives) tips incorporate wax guards.

Thank you for your reply. ER4S's triple flange sleeves also have a room but still their wax guards work well. I think it is better to support wax guards for safety, even if we use triple flange sleeves. any good ideas?

May 9, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #2,174 of 6,065
Now that I am finaly Ready ro buy it.... I can't find any dealer in Europe that has inventory of KSE1500 ! :frowning2:

Anyone can help me to find one set ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back