The Fiio X3 Thread.
Apr 9, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #16,981 of 17,484
***POWER ISSUE***

Hi all,

I just recently started having a strange issue occur with my X3 G1.  Despite the battery being fully charged, I can power on the X3 with no issue, and it stays on - however, upon plugging my cans into the headphone jack, the relay attempts to switch over but then the power immediately turns off...every time.  It seems like some kind of short happening upon the relay switching to the headphone jack.

The line out still works just fine, with no fail.  

Has anyone experienced this with their X3 G1?

Thanks for everything!

Apr 9, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #16,982 of 17,484
***POWER ISSUE***

Hi all,

I just recently started having a strange issue occur with my X3 G1.  Despite the battery being fully charged, I can power on the X3 with no issue, and it stays on - however, upon plugging my cans into the headphone jack, the relay attempts to switch over but then the power immediately turns off...every time.  It seems like some kind of short happening upon the relay switching to the headphone jack.

The line out still works just fine, with no fail.  

Has anyone experienced this with their X3 G1?

Thanks for everything!

Hi,
Yes I had a similar issue but it was over a year ago so I don't remember all the details. When I opened mine the battery had started to get bigger and put pressure on the other parts causing the relay to not work properly. I did a battery shift and it solved the issue.

If you do open up your X3 be careful to keep track of the hold button since it will come off in the process.

Apr 9, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #16,983 of 17,484
Hi,
Yes I had a similar issue but it was over a year ago so I don't remember all the details. When I opened mine the battery had started to get bigger and put pressure on the other parts causing the relay to not work properly. I did a battery shift and it solved the issue.

If you do open up your X3 be careful to keep track of the hold button since it will come off in the process.

Hi peter123,

Interesting note about the battery shift.  I did indeed crack my X3 open and found a highly swollen battery, looking really sketchy.  I can get my X3 to play with the headphone jack active when there is a >2amp power supply hooked up to it, suggesting the battery is on its last legs.

Are there any battery replacement options out there for the X3 G1?  

Did you say you just physically shifted the location of the battery and it worked for you, or did you replace the battery completely?

Thank you!

Apr 9, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #16,984 of 17,484
Hi peter123,

Interesting note about the battery shift.  I did indeed crack my X3 open and found a highly swollen battery, looking really sketchy.  I can get my X3 to play with the headphone jack active when there is a >2amp power supply hooked up to it, suggesting the battery is on its last legs.

Are there any battery replacement options out there for the X3 G1?  

Did you say you just physically shifted the location of the battery and it worked for you, or did you replace the battery completely?

Thank you!

Yes I replaced my battery with a new one. FiiO does sell them (or at least used to) and when I was looking that was the only place to get one. I think they're $15-20 so definitely worth it in my opinion. It's quite easy to replace it and FiiO was very supportive.

Good luck and feel free to ask more questions if needed and I'll do my best to answer them.

Apr 9, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #16,985 of 17,484
Yes I replaced my battery with a new one. FiiO does sell them (or at least used to) and when I was looking that was the only place to get one. I think they're $15-20 so definitely worth it in my opinion. It's quite easy to replace it and FiiO was very supportive.

Good luck and feel free to ask more questions if needed and I'll do my best to answer them.

Ah, right on.  I believe that's going to solve my problem as well.  Did you get your replacement via their website or through customer support?

Apr 9, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #16,986 of 17,484
Ah, right on.  I believe that's going to solve my problem as well.  Did you get your replacement via their website or through customer support?

I went through customer support. I didn't get any responses on my first try (iirc it was right before Chinese new year) but on my second attempt they were very responsive and helpful.

Apr 9, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #16,988 of 17,484
Apr 20, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #16,993 of 17,484
Apr 22, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #16,995 of 17,484
I recently bought a 128gb card for me X3 by the brand Integral. I formatted it and just called it the brand name. I have had it in the X3 for several weeks and it seemed to work fine whenever I wanted to add or delete anything.

What was strange was that the otehr day, I wanted to add some music and when I had put it on and unplugged the cable, it said to me every time, "file system not supported!". It then turned out that it wouldn't let me add or delete anything. I even tried taking the card out of my X3, putting it into a card reader and removing and album, I then put it back into my X3, to a medea library update and it apears that nothing has been deleted. I then plug it back into my PC and the album appears to be there again. I couldn't understand this. I at first I thought the card was playing up but I tried with another card and it did the same, it wouldn't let me add or delete anything without the stuff I add disapearing or the stuff I delete reapearing.

What did seem to solve it was formatting the card in the X3. I took everything off my 128gb card and put them onto my PC. I then put the card in the X3 ind selected storage formatting. This reformatted the card in the X3 and now everything seems to be fine and I can add and delete everything no problem.

Has anyone else had a similar issue?

I will just have to remember to format the card in the X3 although I thought if it was formatted to FAT32, it should be fine anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back