The Fiio X3 Thread.
May 10, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #17,011 of 17,484
I just got done with wiping the card again, and instead of transferring with the SD adapter, transferred through the fiio with a USB cable. Took way longer bc it dropped it from 15MB/sec to 5-6, but all the files play fine this time around. No more stuttering!

May 10, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #17,012 of 17,484
  I just got done with wiping the card again, and instead of transferring with the SD adapter, transferred through the fiio with a USB cable. Took way longer bc it dropped it from 15MB/sec to 5-6, but all the files play fine this time around. No more stuttering!

Glad to hear that worked! I don't get stuttering and have always used a USB cable until recently, and recently using an SD adapter I've now remembered that I have had some read errors. You do have to plan ahead if you want to put a bunch of music on, though, with that transfer time. 

May 10, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #17,013 of 17,484

If you're going the route of a card reader - recommended, way faster - you could try using a prog like Teracopy. That will verify the files to ensure there are no errors when copying over. Had corrupted file transfers a bit myself, I think it could just be the nature of msd…

May 11, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #17,014 of 17,484
Since I got my Integral 128gb card, the X3 has become a little more unresponsive. It seems to freeze for 5 to 10 seconds when pressing the back button to get to the artists in browse files. I have them as follows:
A - H, I - Q and R - Z. It seems that whenever I return from the now playing screen to these folders, it does take a bit of time to load. However, it is instant when I get to them the other way by browse files. I have just under 60gb on this card at the moment. I'm hoping that it won't get even more unresponsive when I add more. maybe this iswhy FiiO suggests a brand like Sandisk. Even so, this card isn't slow w5th the write and read speeed. Especially concidering I only paid £24. At the time I bought it, it was the only card I could fine that wasn't well over double the price of the cheapest 64gb cards.

May 11, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #17,015 of 17,484
  So I picked one of these up yesterday, loaded it up with over 100gb of music, and it works fine on most files, but it will like, catch and stutter, get choppy momentarily on higher bitrate flacs, 24/96 and up, sounds like it can't pull data fast enough from the card. Never had an issue with the 64gb orange evo card.

It'll load up the file, start choppy very briefly, play fine for 15-20 secs, get choppy for a second, and play fine again for another 10 secs or so. Rinse, lather, repeat. Anything I can do? I loaded it up through the SD interface on my laptop, and not through the fiio if that makes a difference. Any input would be appreciated. Maybe I got a bad card? *shrug*

If you got a bad card, so did I. Had the same sort of problems. I took it back to BB and traded up to a Sandisk Ultra Plus, which was also on sale but cost me an additional $15. Loaded it up this afternoon with the same hi-res files I had on the Samsung and have been playing on Shuffle for a few hours now with no glitches.

I think your guess about the read speed being the problem is right on. Probably works fine in a camera or phone, but a hi-res music player is too demanding.

May 17, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #17,016 of 17,484
I had been using the card as it arrived from the shop. It mostly worked fine, but occasionally I did get some stuttering. For me the cure was to reformat the card in the Fiio and then transfer the files back onto the card again. I didn't use the Fiio to transfer the files.

It looks now as though the stuttering has gone away. At least at the moment I haven't found a single file that plays up.

May 31, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #17,021 of 17,484

May 31, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #17,022 of 17,484

Interesting Combo. I still have an X3. Sound impressions please via coaxial and have you tried just the line out into the Mojo?? I'm thinking of pairing mine with the iBasso D14 via coaxial hence the questions. I'm thinking I don't need to buy another DAP as the X3 is good enough as a source IMHO and was wondering what your thoughts are seeing as you have it plugged into the hottest DAC in town ATM.

Cheers.

PS Is it correct that you could use a short standard 3.5mm audio cable for coaxial?? I have a Forza Audio Works cable lying around.

May 31, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #17,023 of 17,484
Interesting Combo. I still have an X3. Sound impressions please via coaxial and have you tried just the line out into the Mojo?? I'm thinking of pairing mine with the iBasso D14 via coaxial hence the questions. I'm thinking I don't need to buy another DAP as the X3 is good enough as a source IMHO and was wondering what your thoughts are seeing as you have it plugged into the hottest DAC in town ATM.

Cheers.

PS Is it correct that you could use a short standard 3.5mm audio cable for coaxial?? I have a Forza Audio Works cable lying around.
Yes on the x3 same cable connector from line out can be used in coaxl to mojo. I use three diffent anps with the x3.

May 31, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #17,024 of 17,484

Cheers.

Yes on the x3 same cable connector from line out can be used in coaxl to mojo. I use three diffent anps with the x3.

To be clear, the Mojo can not get a signal from the line out port on the X3 as it's digital input only. You need to plug in to the coaxial out port of the X3, but a short regular interconnect cable will work.

May 31, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #17,025 of 17,484
I seem to have just had quite a big problem with my 128gb Integral card in my X3. All of the files in it became locked and I couldn't add or delete anything. I had about 60gb of mainly 320kbps MP3s on it and around 4800 tracks. In Ubuntu, when you delete something from a storage device, a folder called  ".Trash-1001" seems to be created. That normally just contains tracked I have deleted from my player on my PC. This time however, it contain 100s of items that all looked to be rubbish. The names of most of them were not readable as they were just a load of strange shaped lines. It looked like something had gone very wrong with it. When I looked to see how many there were, there were well over 10,000 items  and none could be deleted. I simply don't understand what could have caused this.

However, I have managed to reformat the card in the X3 and it seems to be working now. I've just got to wait for all my music to get back onto the card. I have taken it out of the X3 and it is in a USB 3.0 card reader which should make things faster.

Has anyone else had this issue or similar with micro SD cards before?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back