The GRADO SR-60 Impressions Thread
Jul 2, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #841 of 869
Well, almost all grados RS1 going down have small incremental differences so if you didn't do a side by side comparison, it's understandable as to why you thought the e and i versions sound the same. As for me, I feel the sr60e is great. In fact, I find them to be more musical against the RS2i both using tape modded L Cush Bowl pads.

Jul 2, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #842 of 869
  Well, almost all grados RS1 going down have small incremental differences so if you didn't do a side by side comparison, it's understandable as to why you thought the e and i versions sound the same. As for me, I feel the sr60e is great. In fact, I find them to be more musical against the RS2i both using tape modded L Cush Bowl pads.

Y-cable out of a BHA-1, with 80i and 80e connected. Not perfect, but do-able for side/side comp. Haven't heard 60e yet, but 60i is a fine HP at that entry level. Funny thing, I felt the bass on my 60i was actually better than my 80i. Might be just my particular 60i model. Contrary to what many report. Weird anomaly?

Jul 3, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #846 of 869
  On the i models, I felt the 60 had better bass than the 80 as well. I felt the 80s to be a little loose and boomy :D

Whew. I thought I was daft.

Las Islas. Isn't that where Jurassic Park is located? 
biggrin.gif

Jul 4, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #849 of 869
  Lived there for 17 years. Can't remember that part of the detail but i do know that they named it Philippines in honor of King Felipe of Spain.

Too sticky and humid...like NYC in July/August (lived there for 3 yrs in the '90s) but with palm trees.
wink_face.gif

Jul 4, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #851 of 869
  Agree. I used to live out in LI and it's much better than NYC. I can't stand NYC. 

Yeah, the cost of rent in Manhattan....but man, what a cultural landscape for live music and museums. Tops in the Western Hemisphere, hands down.

Jul 18, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #854 of 869
@7keys,   those are nice. DIY?

Bigger soundstage? Worried the mids may be more recessed? and the bass thinner with bigger chambers?

Jul 18, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #855 of 869
  @7keys,   those are nice. DIY?

Bigger soundstage? Worried the mids may be more recessed? and the bass thinner with bigger chambers?

Yes, I made these with Mahogany on the sides and Maple on the top....just like the Gibson Les Paul, although I'm using BirdsEye Maple. 

Those are the original SR60's and the cups on them are a lot shorter than the SR60I's, the Maple cups themselves are not that much bigger than the cups on the SR60i.

I'm waiting on a headband and some cables and we'll see.

I just got these SR60's in a trade and they're not as aggressive as the SR60i, I thought I would like that... but I don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back