TOPPING DX5 DAC & HP Amp Now Available
Jul 24, 2022 at 5:17 AM Post #76 of 104
Everyone to it's own, if you can't hear differences then you are a happy camper.
I have been reviewing for ten years now, I have listened dozens of gear, from cheap Chi-Fi to multi thousand high end stuff, and nothing sounded excaltly the same.
Anyway you are welcome to disagree and have your own respected opinion but I don't think that this conversation can lead to a valid conclusion so there is no point into derailing the thread.

Jul 24, 2022 at 5:22 AM Post #77 of 104
Let me ask you a question. Did you a/b audio gears and actually conduct methodology and parameter of testing ? And even if there are clear difference or distinctive differences, what possibly can you hear via micro minute differences and possibly perfect results when you blind a/b without falling to placebo effect ? One can easily lie. Like I could also lied that I heard the DX5 amp/dac but of course I did.

Jul 24, 2022 at 5:36 AM Post #78 of 104
My reviewing activity is public, I am an author at hxosplus printed edition and a reviewer for community forums like Headfi so I could not possibly lie.
I have conducted blind tests at meetings and for fun but it is not my reviewing methodology so I don't pretend that I use science.

Now let me ask because you are not clear enough.
To which amp/DAC you have compared the DX5 so you can make statements like that it is another one of the same sounding Chi-Fi products?

I have at home SMSL DO200, DO100, Topping DX5 and EX5, YULONG Aurora, Aune X1S GT and Loxjie D30 and each of them has it's own sound character especially if you are using the internal headphone amplifier.

And then I don't understand the point of your statement.
Do you possibly imply that all sound the same and I am bullshiting my readers?

Jul 24, 2022 at 5:40 AM Post #79 of 104
Well then, you should have it as a reviewing methodology. Because many times, you would predict wrongly. Many, EX5, JDS amp/dac and a few as well as my own personal Aune X1s. Even via audio memory, they sound the same. Regardless feeding to another amp or dac, they sound the same. They are mostly neutral and transparent. Also, I even tried expensive interconnects as well, still sounds the same.

Do you possibly imply that all sound the same and I am bullshiting my readers?
Possibly but no. All am saying you are bounded by placebo and are sponsored.

Jul 24, 2022 at 5:44 AM Post #81 of 104
Well then, you should have it as a reviewing methodology. Because many times, you would predict wrongly. Many, EX5, JDS amp/dac and a few as well as my own personal Aune X1s. Even via audio memory, they sound the same. Regardless feeding to another amp or dac, they sound the same. They are mostly neutral and transparent. Also, I even tried expensive interconnects as well, still sounds the same.

Possibly but no. All am saying you are bounded by placebo and are sponsored.
Now, till now this conversation was really polite but saying in public that I am sponsored without evidence is beyond the limits and you should recall ASAP.

Jul 24, 2022 at 5:57 AM Post #86 of 104
Now let me ask you one last question and end this here.
Changing op-amps to devices that supports this feature, do you hear any differences?
If no, then you can't hear differences between these DACs because they mostly differ in the op-amp configuration.
Probably yes. However, never tried. Most of the time am alright with stock configuration. I dint even know you can roll op amps.

Jul 25, 2022 at 10:59 PM Post #88 of 104
Guys recently i try using DX5 with my timeless and indigo. Usually i just use it with headphones like edition XS and Radiance. i found no issue. But since i use it with IEM i find constant problem. My IEM electrocute me, it didnt hurt it just sting sometimes like 3 small ants biting you. I thought it was just my ear itching but it was not. Sometimes i also hear crackling noise from my indigo. I didnt use DX 5 anymore since im worried it might break my iem and electrocute me for good. What is the cause of this issue? Any fix for this? Or it is just too powerful for iem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back