Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Feb 29, 2024 at 4:37 PM Post #7,246 of 7,303
I'm sitting here at 32000 ft enjoying some inflight wifi and my new Mentors. The fit to my ear is excellent and isolation is very good using Crystal tips. Yesterday I listened via my LP6K which is a decidedly slightly warm but fairly neutral source and I came to the conclusion the the stock cable was nice but the mentors could use the added bass lift afforded by the Code 24. I'm travelling with the Shanling M6 21 PRO (I love this dap) which has the warmth of the Shanling House Sound in Spades, and the stock Deep of Universe cable, with this source, this cable is superb, even up in the air where noise could obfuscate the low end. Lots of bass bite, delicious mids and tons of sparkle. I've already had a couple of offers to buy the OEM cable and I've been contemplating it, but with a warmer source and even with the Lotoo, this cable with this IEM is growing on me.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 7:11 AM Post #7,247 of 7,303
I'm sitting here at 32000 ft enjoying some inflight wifi and my new Mentors. The fit to my ear is excellent and isolation is very good using Crystal tips. Yesterday I listened via my LP6K which is a decidedly slightly warm but fairly neutral source and I came to the conclusion the the stock cable was nice but the mentors could use the added bass lift afforded by the Code 24. I'm travelling with the Shanling M6 21 PRO (I love this dap) which has the warmth of the Shanling House Sound in Spades, and the stock Deep of Universe cable, with this source, this cable is superb, even up in the air where noise could obfuscate the low end. Lots of bass bite, delicious mids and tons of sparkle. I've already had a couple of offers to buy the OEM cable and I've been contemplating it, but with a warmer source and even with the Lotoo, this cable with this IEM is growing on me.
I think it could be due to crystal tips which could make the deep of universe lacking, which is then remedied when paired with a warmer source. I consider the stock cable and stock blue eartips a part of the Mentor (which we can't say this about all IEMs). Even if using other cables/tips, I'd never sell the stock ones unless selling the actual Mentor.

Mar 7, 2024 at 4:42 PM Post #7,249 of 7,303
So I will be taking a long flight next week and decided to splurge a little on new IEMs. Placed an order today for the Mest Mk3. Currently I have ie900 and Aur Neon Pro for trips. Also have Sony WM1AM2 and Questyle M15 dongle. Was wondering if anyone has any experience with synergy using this set up? A friend is recommending I get the Cayin RU7. Also was wondering what tips you guys using with the Mk3? Thanks

Mar 8, 2024 at 12:18 AM Post #7,250 of 7,303
So I will be taking a long flight next week and decided to splurge a little on new IEMs. Placed an order today for the Mest Mk3. Currently I have ie900 and Aur Neon Pro for trips. Also have Sony WM1AM2 and Questyle M15 dongle. Was wondering if anyone has any experience with synergy using this set up? A friend is recommending I get the Cayin RU7. Also was wondering what tips you guys using with the Mk3? Thanks
Mest mk3 + Questyle M15= love ❤️. But with a good player the sound is even better

Attachments

• IMG_20230928_214415.jpg
    IMG_20230928_214415.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Mar 8, 2024 at 3:46 AM Post #7,252 of 7,303
Thank you. I do have the Sony WM1AM2 DAP. Or should I get the Cayin RU7? What cable are u using btw? I didnt get the PW cable that comes with the Mk3 after reading how ergonomically bad it is.
It's better to buy FiiO M15S, no portable usb dac will give such a sound, a little more expensive, but worth it. The cable I use is Effect audio Eros S, it is better than stock, but not ideal...

Attachments

• IMG_20231211_173312.jpg
    IMG_20231211_173312.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
Mar 8, 2024 at 9:57 AM Post #7,255 of 7,303
It's better to buy FiiO M15S, no portable usb dac will give such a sound, a little more expensive, but worth it. The cable I use is Effect audio Eros S, it is better than stock, but not ideal...
Thank you but I have decideda DAP is not for me. I have a Sony WM1AM2 and although it is excellent I barely get to use it. Had it last summer and since then all I got from it is prolly 10 hour of use. I just find carrying a phone and a DAP too much. I will keep my dongle 😊

Mar 9, 2024 at 12:15 AM Post #7,256 of 7,303
If I'm not mistaken, this was an old limited special edition (Japan?) Mest variant, unless they revived it again. I just remember us talking about it a few years ago, discussing that dual vent faceplate.
This is a new limited edition. Mine arrives soon!

Mar 9, 2024 at 1:48 AM Post #7,257 of 7,303
Hi Mest fans,

I got FOUR things for you:

1) I noticed that someone ordered a custom tip for a universal Mest mk1 on the Eartunes website. Looking for feedback on anyone else who had custom tips done for their universal bone conductor IEMs. What changed?

2) On another note, I discovered that there was a JP version of the Mest mk1. Please give me the quick summary on how it differs. That JP version didn't seem to continue for the next Mest versions (correct me if I'm wrong).

3) Last but not least, I only know of one person who has both reviewed or used a Mest mk1 universal and CIEM; Antdroid. Please provide a comparison if you have heard both the universal and CIEM of the Mest mk2.

4) I was googling about Mest and found that there is a Hong Kong/HK variant of Mest mk2. There I found a Unique Melody Max...like what the...am I missing any other variant or special editions? lol Can someone please tell me about these.
The fourth is a HK special but isn't just a special version (88 qtys.) of MEST or MEXT. Mine comes in soon!

Mar 15, 2024 at 4:28 PM Post #7,259 of 7,303
I would also be interested in getting my Mest OG changed to a flush 2 pin 0.78mm connector like the Mest MKII.
It is doable but it is not included in this refurbish campaign. The cost of converting connectors is $40.

Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back