V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
May 11, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #616 of 1,343
Just a quick update... e-mailed V-MODA asking how much longer until we could expect a LOD from them, and they told me they'd have it ready in about 2 months.
just buy a venturecraft one. The Vmoda one will probably just be the venturecraft one relabeled/'re-imagined anyway :wink:
Why wait?

May 12, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #618 of 1,343
Quote:
I like to think myself a loyal V-MODA customer :p

Me too, but it's not like you can't have TWO cables...  I am using the VentureCraft one for now and it's fine.

May 13, 2013 at 3:37 AM Post #622 of 1,343
Do you guy think that when V-Moda will release the next version of their Verza? VentureCraft just announce their next version of their Go-Dap X called SounDroid Typhoon. It can use as DAC+Amp or Amp only. USB DAC is capable of DSD playback too.

May 13, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #623 of 1,343
Quote:
Do you guy think that when V-Moda will release the next version of their Verza? VentureCraft just announce their next version of their Go-Dap X called SounDroid Typhoon. It can use as DAC+Amp or Amp only. USB DAC is capable of DSD playback too.

I guess in the future V-Moda will release a unit called the Hurricane 
size]

I also tried the Typhoon at the Tokyo Show, I was most impressed.

May 13, 2013 at 4:06 AM Post #624 of 1,343
Quote:
Val said they were going to make one.  IIRC, he said it would be out a month or two after the S4 release.  Could be wrong there, just going off memory...

awesome, picked up an S4 on release day. I was also considering making a "universal" clamp adapter for the VAMP VERZA so that it could accomodate just about any phone, but I wonder if that idea has also been thrown around

May 13, 2013 at 4:07 AM Post #625 of 1,343
Quote:
I guess in the future V-Moda will release a unit called the Hurricane 
size]

I also tried the Typhoon at the Tokyo Show, I was most impressed.

Hurricane 
size]
. I also spend some time with them at Tokyo show too. Pretty impressive, much clearer and cleaner than my X with LME49860. To bad that they don't have MUSES02, it should pair very well with my Socket 1 DD LE MUSES02.

May 13, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #626 of 1,343
Quote:

Hurricane 
size]
. I also spend some time with them at Tokyo show too. Pretty impressive, much clearer and cleaner than my X with LME49860. To bad that they don't have MUSES02, it should pair very well with my Socket 1 DD LE MUSES02.

You could always write to them, they seem open to requests.

I did try a Muse 8920/Muse01 on the day.

May 13, 2013 at 5:46 AM Post #628 of 1,343
I tried three models

AD8066 (fixed)
OPA627AU (changeable) 

And the Muse I mentioned, plus another that I did not take notes for.

The changeable OP amp is a good idea.
Hmm, GoDapX2.

May 13, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #629 of 1,343
Quote:
I tried three models

AD8066 (fixed)
OPA627AU (changeable) 

And the Muse I mentioned, plus another that I did not take notes for.

The changeable OP amp is a good idea.
Hmm, GoDapX2.

VentureCraft actually purposefully didn't choose Go-DAP X2.

Edit: Woops. Sorry, OT here.

May 13, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #630 of 1,343
So the max file resolution the Verza can output is 16/44? Is that the same as the maximum on the IPhone 5 via a digital connection? Can the Galaxy S3/S4 output a higher resolution than that?

I was quite interested in this amp but I gotta admit, if that's the maximum output, then it's lost some of its appeal and supposed versatility in my eyes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back