Woo Audio: NEW! WA7tp (tube PSU) Early-bird offer
Apr 21, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #31 of 192
 • $349 USD for current WA7 owners (the S/N of your unit is required to receive this discount)

I'm pretty sure that the point above only applies to current WA7 owners.  Which means that if you don't already have a WA7 right now, you can't get that deal.

EDIT:  Maybe they should clarify that "current" means "WA7 owner as of (or before) 4/21/14"

Apr 21, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #32 of 192
Yea but getting a new w7 gets you another $50 off from existing customers so I dunno what's the problem. It's a win/win situation, right?
Woops correction I read wrong.
You pay 50 more but still better than unit alone :)

Apr 21, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #33 of 192
  was asleep for work tonight. wasn't expecting groovyd to buy up all the first batch, he already bought up the world supply of EH tubes.

orders in, hope i did it right and get it earlier than expected.

bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 21, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #35 of 192
  early bird offer still doesn't make that much sense to me...from this standpoint. i should just buy a standard WA7 with the normal power supply. then order the WAtp separately after. that way, i get a $50 discount on the WAtp and i still get the regular power supply as well. why would i order the WA7/WA7tp together?

$50 discount was made to take care of current WA7 owners in appreciation of their support in our products.  You must own your WA7 prior to today in order to take advantage of the discount.  

Apr 21, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #36 of 192
Right. That I understand. Still haven't answered whether the regular PSU will ship with the WA7tp and WA7 if both are purchased together.

Apr 22, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #38 of 192
Right. That I understand. Still haven't answered whether the regular PSU will ship with the WA7tp and WA7 if both are purchased together.

new orders of WA7 ($999) + WA7tp ($399) + WA7p ($250) = $1648

new orders of WA7d ($1199) + WA7tp ($399) = $1498

​We think most customers would opt for our new WA7d instead of getting a second PSU considering the additional cost of the WA7p (solid state PSU).

Apr 22, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #39 of 192
I too will be new to the whole "tube rolling" thing. So just for fun, ordered these from tctubes.com, just so I can start to tinker after my WA7tp arrives LOL.

Apr 22, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #40 of 192
Hey Woo, how about a little spout regarding the electrical advantage to the tube vs solid state power supply?  Ie higher current capacilty, lower voltage ripple, better ground noise rejection?  Anything measurable?  What are the differences between the two electrically so we don't all have to get our scopes out and start measuring the advantages?

Apr 22, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #41 of 192
Sitting here listening to some remastered duran duran of all things through my LCD-X wondering how anything could improve the sound at all... more bass punch? a sense of effortlessness? not sure how this could be any more spaceous then it already is but excited to find out.  invoices eagerly in hand 
cool.gif

2 old school power supplies waiting to be replaced by something new... pm me if interested

Apr 22, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #42 of 192
  Hey Woo, how about a little spout regarding the electrical advantage to the tube vs solid state power supply?  Ie higher current capacilty, lower voltage ripple, better ground noise rejection?  Anything measurable?  What are the differences between the two electrically so we don't all have to get our scopes out and start measuring the advantages?

Maybe we could get Ken Rockwell to do a comparo?  Loved his review on the WA7.

Sitting here listening to some remastered duran duran of all things through my LCD-X wondering how anything could improve the sound at all... more bass punch? a sense of effortlessness? not sure how this could be any more spaceous then it already is but excited to find out.  invoices eagerly in hand 
cool.gif

I'm glad Jack had me AB them side-by-side.  I was a little skeptical at first... but actually switching back and forth listening to the two was a very cool experience.

Apr 22, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #43 of 192
less rail dip vs current draw?  faster current reserve recovery? just the basics is what I am after... the sort of things an electrical engineer is trying to solve by even designing something like this to replace something like that.

Apr 22, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #44 of 192

new orders of WA7 ($999) + WA7tp ($399) + WA7p ($250) = $1648

new orders of WA7d ($1199) + WA7tp ($399) = $1498

​We think most customers would opt for our new WA7d instead of getting a second PSU considering the additional cost of the WA7p (solid state PSU).

so new orders of WA7 don't come with the power supply? you have to choose whether you want the p or the tp and that will cost extra??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back