Woo Audio: NEW! WA7tp (tube PSU) Early-bird offer
May 6, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #122 of 192
Just got an email from Woo saying they were working on a 1' cable for the power supply should be ready in 2 weeks to order... only wish it was included for early birds or at least shipped together so as not to cost on shipping twice.

May 6, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #123 of 192
How long is the original one?  Without going into power cord voodoo, around 6' is about right.  Also, from a sonic perspective you would not want the ps to be too close (right next to each other) to the main unit because of heat, magnetic fields, vibration and visually looks odd (more so if it is 1' away).  Kind of defeats the advantage of isolation with a separate power supply.

May 6, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #124 of 192
  How long is the original one?  Without going into power cord voodoo, around 6' is about right.  Also, from a sonic perspective you would not want the ps to be too close (right next to each other) to the main unit because of heat, magnetic fields, vibration and visually looks odd (more so if it is 1' away).  Kind of defeats the advantage of isolation with a separate power supply.

not really... shorter is better. proper shielding is also good.

May 6, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #125 of 192
Orders have already started rolling out today:

Dear karzai,

Thank you for your order from Woo Audio! We wanted to let you know that your order (#3XXX) was shipped via FedEx, FedEx International Economy® on 5/6/2014.  You can track your package at any time using the link below.

Shipped To:
karzai
XXXX XXXX XXXX
XXXXXX XX XXXXXX XX
XXXXXX, XXXXX

Track Your Shipment: XXXXXXXXXXX

This shipment includes the following items:

Item #DescriptionQty
XXXX6C45 Sovtek, stock tube2
XXXX12AU7/ECC82 Electro Harmonix, stock tube2
XXXX6C45 Electro Harmonix Gold-pin, upgrade tube2
XXXXTransaction Fee, 3%1
XXXXWA7 Fireflies amplifier unit (Black), with tube Power Supply1

Please register your order here.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Woo Audio Inc.
Phone: USA 222 WOOS

Email: orders@wooaudio.com

May 6, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #126 of 192
Wow, you bought a whole new amp?

May 6, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #127 of 192
  Orders have already started rolling out today:

Yeup. I received my shipping notice as well...and I thought I had missed the early shipping group by about 15 min! Needless to say, I'm pretty thrilled.
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #129 of 192
Look forward to hearing everyone's sound impressions on the WA7tp.  Please tag your posts with #WooAudioStories if posting on our Facebook,Twitter and Instagram page.  :)

1 ft. DC cable is coming soon.  We'll add it to the web site when ready.

May 7, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #130 of 192
A bit off topic, curious for anyone who has the LCD-X + WA7. How does it sound :) ?

I have a WA7 right now and a WA7tp which is on order. Right now I'm borrowing my friends HD800's and really love them but I find that my ears get pretty fatigued after listening for a hour or so which is a shame since the HD800's are so comfy I could wear them all day.

Curious if the LCD-X's are also really enjoyable and maybe aren't so harsh on my ears with extending listening periods? Also excited to hear everyone else impressions of the WA7tp!

May 7, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #132 of 192
May 7, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #135 of 192
That dam blast ninja FedEx bastuurrd sneaked up and left me a notice on my door.

I'm going to have to roll the security camera to check exactly when he swooped by.
Dammm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back