Woo Audio: NEW! WA7tp (tube PSU) Early-bird offer
May 2, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #106 of 192
That's the one that I herd give more oomph(!)
Looking forward to observations
The reality is that ALL power supplies have limits and sometimes real world usage places demands that a power supply has to compensate for it it cannot deliver and different power supplies behave differently under loads and extreme loads.
only on paper with an ideal load, is a power supply rated & assumed as spec,
when in reality many things can be going on under load.
Haha funny
smily_headphones1.gif

Patience is a Virtue
tongue.gif

Virtue is its own punishment. 

I was told it wouldn't ship till the middle of May (I was one of the very first orders) and cancelled my order.   Done with Woo's crummy customer service. 

May 2, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #107 of 192

I was told it wouldn't ship till the middle of May (I was one of the very first orders) and cancelled my order.   Done with Woo's crummy customer service. 

Woo offers "early bird" ordering of the WA7tp and you cancel your order because you're upset about bad customer service? I don't get that. Seems to me that it's an example of good customer service for extending the early bird offer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

May 2, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #108 of 192

OMG you poor soul!
If only you herd (like me)..
you would have waited as long as it took!
:frowning2:

May 3, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #110 of 192
Originally Posted by Jodet /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There are lots of good amps out there.

Yeah, but look at how cute these little things are! 
redface.gif

Okay, I done gone and lost my mind...
blink.gif

biggrin.gif

May 3, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #112 of 192
I'd be curious to know what tubes Jack has been using at meets and shows, and also know what tubes he recommends for upgrades from stock. I'm hoping that Warren and Kevin will weigh in on upgrade tube impressions when they review the WA7tp.

I'm also somewhat surprised not to hear anything about the WA7tp at AXPONA 2014. I know it was there because Chris Connaker posted a photo of one at his Computer Audiophile website. Word is that the sound of the rooms at AXPONA was less than stellar but I wouldn't think that headphone listening would be as adversely affected.

Esau

May 3, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #113 of 192
I'd be curious to know what tubes Jack has been using at meets and shows, and also know what tubes he recommends for upgrades from stock. I'm hoping that Warren and Kevin will weigh in on upgrade tube impressions when they review the WA7tp.

Over in the Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread, olegausany mentioned that they were Jan Sylvania 5814A.  I'm definitely going to have to secure a few pairs to try.  Frank I is also saying that I need RCA clear tops for the WA7 proper, so I'll probably want to pick those up as well.  I know Kevin's got a LOT more in the way of tube options, and is eager to try them out.

I'm also somewhat surprised not to hear anything about the WA7tp at AXPONA 2014. I know it was there because Chris Connaker posted a photo of one at his Computer Audiophile website. Word is that the sound of the rooms at AXPONA was less than stellar but I wouldn't think that headphone listening would be as adversely affected.

Scot Hull wrote something up in Part-Time Audiophile... although I think he got confused and thought the WA7tp was a whole new amp.  I know Brian Hunter of Audio-Head got to take home the show units for review, so I think he'll be chiming in as well.

May 4, 2014 at 3:36 AM Post #114 of 192
There are a lot of options when it comes to 12AU7 tubes.  We are currently testing to see which brand is best for the WA7tp and will offer it to our customers as an upgrade path.  Stay tuned.

May 4, 2014 at 4:38 AM Post #115 of 192
Gonna be weird when I order mines, gonna have a clear glass WA7tp next to my smoked glass WA7 o.O

May 5, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #119 of 192
If you're talking about A2A i think they would come pretty close when you factor in shipping in exchange rate. Also the guys there are great and i would suggest giving them a call before buying anything online.

May 5, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #120 of 192
Yes A2A, they are very good don't know how they keep the prices so close given GST, exchange and two shipping costs
Just saying that for a US customer it would be less than that
I always check A2A first bought my WA7 from them and HD800

Users who are viewing this thread

Back