[A 'Mini-Con'!] Arizona Head-Fi Meet: October 21st, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #197 of 266
3 Days! If we run out of tables I guess we need bean bag chairs and a hookah pipe and do some mind-bending head-fi-ing!

Funny, sounds good to me man!
This is going to be a big event/meet.
I believe some of us may be sharing tables. This is not a confirmation but just a gut feeling.
Bring on the beanbags and hookah pipe!
-

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #201 of 266
Just found this thread and am very interested in attending, but my son's soccer game is at noon so it would be a late swing in if I do. That's unfortunate as I would like to meet the Phoenix crowd. Just moved from Seattle and was very active there at the local meets. Will try to swing in late.

Even if it's just for a hour man, stop on by. I'd be great to have you there!

Oct 18, 2017 at 8:58 PM Post #202 of 266
OwO what's this? Someone left a bunch of Schiit by my front door.
1018171620.jpg

More updates coming, just as soon as I consume mass quantities (and get back to my desktop).

Oct 18, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #205 of 266
Okay, so first off: Of course, I may now announce the contents of the SchiitKit. I will update the original post with this information. Among the contents are indeed the brand new Loki Mini EQ and Magni 3 amplifier!

Second: The latest MrSpeakers Ether-E (electrostatic) prototype is being over-night-shipped as I type this message, along with the closed Aeon Flow! So of course, these headphones will both be available for listening at the meet. The electrostatic amplification is still a surprise...

Finally: Audeze is also going to join the fray! They are rush-shipping pairs of the iSine10 and iSine20 IEMS, as well as the LCD-X and LCD-XC headphones!

All of these items will be available among the three tables at the back of the room, which will be pretty obvious upon entry. Also in the immediate vicinity will of course be the ZMF and Kennerton headphones which are on loan. In addition, I am featuring a few items from local dealers: from Audio Video Choices, there is the Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC (only a demo unit; see the dealer if you want to purchase one!); from AZ HiFi, we have the Bowers & Wilkins P9 headphones, of which there will be a few for sale at a very healthy discount. Speaking of sales, I will be selling my personal Fostex TH-X00 Ebony and Questyle QP1R DAP at the meet...!

And of course... my own rig will be there. I will be showing two NOS DACs from the Ukranian maker Abbasaudio, which are interesting in design to say the least. My personal equipment is as follows:
AudioGD DI U8 DDC
Abbasaudio DAC0.1
Abbasaudio DAC2.0
Schiit Freya preamp > Decware Taboo II headphone amp (@funch uber upgraded)
HD800 (super duper minor low-key carpetliner mod)
MrSpeakers Ether-C (flat pads)
Fostex TH-X00 Ebony (Coolzo's casual copious-amounts-of-cottonball mod, Brainwavz angled lambskin pads) (for sale!)
Questyle QP1R DAP (for sale!)

That felt like a commercial. Anyway, there we are! HYPE I SAY!

Oct 19, 2017 at 12:42 AM Post #208 of 266
:tickets:Oh my gosh. I am concerned about having sufficient time to audition all the gear! This meet is shaping up quite nicely.

Huge kudos to everyone working behind the scenes. :trophy:

Oct 19, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #210 of 266
:tickets:Oh my gosh. I am concerned about having sufficient time to audition all the gear! This meet is shaping up quite nicely.

Huge kudos to everyone working behind the scenes. :trophy:

Seriously, thanks to everyone putting this together. I had no idea it would get to this size.

If you're taking donations to help cover costs I'd definitely like to help (it would make me feel better about doing nothing to help so far lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back